PREDICTIONS: Predict the Cowboys 2005 Season Record

kartr

Reaction score
LeonDixson said:
What would be your predicition in Q. Kartr was still here?

I think Q. Carter would be worth a couple more maybe three victories(3-0 against the 'Skins, 3-1 against the Giants, Vinnie 0-2, 1-2 against the Eagles, the only Qb to quarterback a victory against them in what 6,7,8 years. Yeah that's right, why would I think a QB who had a 12-8 record (60%) against divisional foes might help. But anyway, what concerns me besides the QB play would be RT,depth at WR, pass rush,DT, if either Glover or Fergie goes down, FS and CB(see Randy Moss,Jerry Porter,Steve Smith,Plaxigo Burress,TO). Who do we have who stop any of those guys, are am I missing something. Just being analytical, I get paid a lot of money to do that and am simply applying logic to obvious weaknesses. Not being a homer helps you to see that. There are others like me on other boards and we're called 'Dark Siders' for daring to question management who has made more than their share of mistakes.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
I think things will go this way

@ San Diego -- W
just because

Washington -- L
Greg Williams screws with Bledsoe's head

@ San Francisco -- L
Bledsoe fumbled at crucial time

@ Oakland -- L
Norv Turner has kicked our butt often enough, Defense will be blamed for this one

Philadelphia -- L
Jim Johnson takes page out of Greg Williams book

NY Giants -- L
Giants maybe the best team nobody thought of

@ Seattle -- W
A Very Ugly Win

Arizona -- L
Again D gets schooled and who is that Berry guy he will be all over Bledsoe

BYE

@ Philadelphia -- L
Close game

Detroit -- L
The last game Bledsoe ever starts for the Dallas Cowboys

Denver (thanksg.) -- W
Henson takes over at Thanksgiving just like last year and gets a win

@ NY Giants -- W
Cowboys come out smoking and hold on to win

Kansas City --W
Henson throws for 4 TD's

@ Washington -- W
Washington had no chance... none

@ Carolina -- W
Cowboys win by 17

St. Louis -- W
Cowboys end season on 6 game win streak

8-8 but very bright future

One i dont see us losing to the Commanders on OUR home floor on MNF.

Second, BP will not let bledoe lose 8 games before replacing him. Second i dont think he will lsoe that many games

and finally, if henson does start he will lose some games he's a rookie he ha to learn, big ben had a great team around him, we're not there yet.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
I'm just being realistic, or do you really think Parcells' is a wizard? I mean, when a coach says 'I mismanaged this team and I'm ashamed of it and of myself", I take it that he meant it and I totally agree. He did have a better draft this year, but only as far as converting to the 3-4 defense. I just see way too many wholes on the offense and defense, just too many questions and we've been given any answers to alieve my misgivings.
I mentioned Parcells?

Silverstar

Reaction score
I think we can go 11-5.

What happens in the playoffs...I just don't know.

A lot depends on how healthy we wind up and if Jones is the real deal after 16 games.

Just too many factors, but I do think this team will go back to the playoffs.

:)

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
I think things will go this way

@ San Diego -- W
just because

Washington -- L
Greg Williams screws with Bledsoe's head

@ San Francisco -- L
Bledsoe fumbled at crucial time

@ Oakland -- L
Norv Turner has kicked our butt often enough, Defense will be blamed for this one

Philadelphia -- L
Jim Johnson takes page out of Greg Williams book

NY Giants -- L
Giants maybe the best team nobody thought of

@ Seattle -- W
A Very Ugly Win

Arizona -- L
Again D gets schooled and who is that Berry guy he will be all over Bledsoe

BYE

@ Philadelphia -- L
Close game

Detroit -- L
The last game Bledsoe ever starts for the Dallas Cowboys

Denver (thanksg.) -- W
Henson takes over at Thanksgiving just like last year and gets a win

@ NY Giants -- W
Cowboys come out smoking and hold on to win

Kansas City --W
Henson throws for 4 TD's

@ Washington -- W
Washington had no chance... none

@ Carolina -- W
Cowboys win by 17

St. Louis -- W
Cowboys end season on 6 game win streak

8-8 but very bright future

i have never seen any1 make such a weird analysis of our season . . .
1. beating the chargers and losing to the 49ers or raiders, where is your head?
2. loss to such bad teams as raiders, 49ers, skins and giants? i dont think so.
3. how do you screw with a 33 year old experienced football players head?
4. your saying we will start our season 2-8 and comeback? nope.
5. you just have some easy wins as losses on there
6. some wins (17 over carolina) kinda high score for such a good team.
7. raiders are over-rated just because they got moss.

Champs

Reaction score
Injuries will be key....or lack thereof. Julius Jones has some real talent, and Bledsoe is a veteran who can still wing it. Henry is going to be key. If he plays better than the other slugs that were out there last year, we should be O.K. I was never a big Keyshawn fan, but the guy moves the chains for us. I would like to see a little more of Copper, and get Henson involved in some games this year.

Skip

Reaction score
Reality said:
Strange on my screen it shows who voted and even says this at the top:

"Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected."

I say no way you can judge by last year so I say 11-5 also!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Skip said:
I say no way you can judge by last year so I say 11-5 also!

No disrepsect Skip, but I agree with Reality's concept of looking at last year. In football, you must go back to the last game/week/season you played against an opponent(s) (watching film, or chalk-talk), to determine where you may have gone wrong, what areas you need to tweak, etc.

I'm not speaking as an Eagles fan, but basic football demands that you review to highlight your strengths, as well as your weaknesses. Last year, I believe some of your weaknesses included certain components within your defensive structure (excluding Roy Williams and perhaps a few others). Your offense wasn't clicking behind the QB, and your run game didn't start to brun until late into the season (I Hope that's a fair assessment without being predjudice).

That tells you a Lot about what a team needs to do this year. You have to take into consideration whether or not you've "tweaked" or strengthened these weaker positions to become effective. Answers to that dilema are contained in your new draft selections and FA signings/acquisitions.

Here's my perspective:

Strengthened
QB/RB = Yes

WR = Yes

Defensive Squad = unknown (will the rookies gell?)

Offensive Squad = improved -- strengthened; unknowned

Special Teams = Yes

Predicted overall team win/lose ratio - 11-5 unrealistic without a solid foundational basis. Believe it's too early to really make an educated guess.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
See this is the point of PREDICTING, you take your teams abiltys on paper, and your hopes that they will "gel, and place an apporiate record upon them. 11-5,10-6,12-4 are all good predictions vased upon what we see on the paper, now when TC and preseason comes around they might go up they might go down, but unitll that 16th week ends, we wont ever know.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
No disrepsect Skip, but I agree with Reality's concept of looking at last year. In football, you must go back to the last game/week/season you played against an opponent(s) (watching film, or chalk-talk), to determine where you may have gone wrong, what areas you need to tweak, etc.

I'm not speaking as an Eagles fan, but basic football demands that you review to highlight your strengths, as well as your weaknesses. Last year, I believe some of your weaknesses included certain components within your defensive structure (excluding Roy Williams and perhaps a few others). Your offense wasn't clicking behind the QB, and your run game didn't start to brun until late into the season (I Hope that's a fair assessment without being predjudice).

That tells you a Lot about what a team needs to do this year. You have to take into consideration whether or not you've "tweaked" or strengthened these weaker positions to become effective. Answers to that dilema are contained in your new draft selections and FA signings/acquisitions.

Here's my perspective:

Strengthened
QB/RB = Yes

WR = Yes

Special Teams = Yes

Predicted overall team win/lose ratio - 11-5 unrealistic without a solid foundational basis. Believe it's too early to really make an educated guess.

the reason our running game wasnt good till later in the season was because JJ didnt come back to start until game 9, so ultimately once we got jones back our running game came back.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
the reason our running game wasnt good till later in the season was because JJ didnt come back to start until game 9, so ultimately once we got jones back our running game came back.

That makes sense. If he continues that progress in his run game, you guys may be better than expected -- especially if he starts to develop receiving skills. Uncertain how well he catches the ball/holds onto the ball. Heatlth is also a factir -- how deep is the Rb position right now?

Just thoughts.

Skip

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

Here's my perspective:

Strengthened
QB/RB = Yes

WR = Yes

Special Teams = Yes

I agree with much of what you say about referring back to last year, but we have so many upgrades (and I am including the rookies because I believe this will go down as one of the Cowboys best drafts ever) that I believe looking back this year may not be a good view.

Can I be wrong? Sure, but I don't believe I am very far off. I think the Cowboys will be way better at several positions and improved at several others. As a matter of fact I think as this time there are only a couple of questions left if I am right about our rookie class.

As far as too early, yes it is! It's way too early to know enough to have an accurate take on this season. However the poll is now and that is what I think at this time.

One last thing, if you check by projection of numbers what Jones had a chance to do if he had been healthy all season. I think the running game will be really good as long as he is healthy. I also think our back up RB this year will be much improved.

Thanks for your fair thoughts, I like hearing what other teams fans really think. You have given me that without any flames and I do appreciate that.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
I would definitely have to say that this poll is about 3 months too early, however, going on paper facts, I would have to say a strong 9-7 with high playoff contention. I think there a few things that could go either way, to raise that record, or even drop it. Based on paper this looks like a very good team. I am taking a little away from the rookies' paper stats just because those are college numbers and they have never played in the NFL!! That is the biggest variable. I would not be surprised to see this team go 10-6 or 11-5, but I think you have to heir to the conservative when you tallk about so many rookies that are expected to be key players. By "key" player I dont mean great, I mean a player whose performance could change the outcome of the game.....either way. I am very optimistic, but lets wait for at least Training Camp to roll around next time before the season results polls start coming out. It is far to earlyto make a well-rounded, educated prediction.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
...this sounds like the makings of a very tough competitive NFC-East.

Good hunting.

you mean 2 terrible teams and 2 good teams . . .

and to respond to your other post the RB position has great depth, some people think we have the "best" RBs in the nfl (i say were in top 5 best RBs). so we have these guys who will see the ball/field quite a bit:
1. Julius Jones
2. A-Train
3. Marion Barber III (get a bit of time)
4. Darian Barnes (FB)

so yes we have great depth in the RB position.
anthony thomas had 2 1000+ yard seasons in the past 4 years.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
Phoenix-Talon said:

and to respond to your other post the RB position has great depth, some people think we have the "best" RBs in the nfl (i say were in top 5 best RBs). so we have these guys who will see the ball/field quite a bit:
1. Julius Jones
2. A-Train
4. Darian Barnes (FB)

/QUOTE]

Ok bobbie brewskie. Sounds like you do have some depth at rb. Watch Out for those NY Giants. They may prove to be more solid than you think.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
Phoenix-Talon said:

1. Julius Jones
2. A-Train
4. Darian Barnes (FB)

Darian Barnes should never be in the same sentence as depth unless you're talking about how deep to make the hole.