Premier League

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
why was the coach so upset at that one player near the end. Also, they dont do shootouts? I dont watch soccer enough to know the rules about shootouts and extra stoppage time.

BTW, in an unrelated note....I am still upset that Donovan is not on the US WC team. I believe it to be personal on the part of the coach and a huge mistake.

JBS

Reaction score
If the game remained tied after 120 minutes they would have went to penalties

I'm not sure what happened between Varane and Simeone. I was in full celebration mode at that point

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BTW, in an unrelated note....I am still upset that Donovan is not on the US WC team. I believe it to be personal on the part of the coach and a huge mistake.

I love the World Cup but leaving Donovan off the team has put a bit of a damper on it for me.

We're going to be without our 2nd best attacker and is bet we struggle to find many goals without him.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I love the World Cup but leaving Donovan off the team has put a bit of a damper on it for me.

We're going to be without our 2nd best attacker and is bet we struggle to find many goals without him.

thats what most average fans think. He is far from the 2nd best attacker anymore. Hasn't been in quite sometime. Barely been starting for galaxy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
thats what most average fans think. He is far from the 2nd best attacker anymore. Hasn't been in quite sometime. Barely been starting for galaxy.

I wouldn't call myself an average fan..

Go ahead.. Tell me who is better than Donovan right now?

Klinnsman botched this.

You think Julian Green is ready for this stage?

Donovan is still one of our best players. He showed it last summer and he would've showed it again this summer had he got on the pitch.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Klinnsman botched this.

Donovan is still one of our best players. He showed it last summer and he would've showed it again this summer had he got on the pitch.

Donovan is behind Dempsey as number 10.
He was moved to a wing player where he is dangerous but gives up a ton defensively. If you want to deal with that Aron is probably a better choice next month and definitely for development.

Green was a far better choice as a back up than Donovan who needed to either start or be off the team. And Green is just that, a bench guy with high ceiling.

I love Donovan and hate he is gone but realistically it was probably the right call.
His size and age worked against him.

What Donovan did last summer was largely with 2nd team guys and he has been pretty weak in MLS which is itself weak.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Donovan is behind Dempsey as number 10.
He was moved to a wing player where he is dangerous but gives up a ton defensively. If you want to deal with that Aron is probably a better choice next month and definitely for development.

Green was a far better choice as a back up than Donovan who needed to either start or be off the team. And Green is just that, a bench guy with high ceiling.

I love Donovan and hate he is gone but realistically it was probably the right call.
His size and age worked against him.

What Donovan did last summer was largely with 2nd team guys and he has been pretty weak in MLS which is itself weak.

So Dempsey which we both agree on and a bunch of guys that we are hoping can perform better at the world cup.

This team is worse without Donovan.

Im excited about Green but come on...

Also.. The USA roster is filled with guys that aren't playing top notch with their current club.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

Klinnsman botched this.

Current form not counting past play . Johannson , Bedoya , zusi , Diskerud , Wondo are all in much better form than Donovan . Donovan has looked slow and unmotivated. For those that are upset at Julian green they need to get off his nuts . It was Johannson who beat out Donovan . Klinnsman used Landon as Cam/2nd striker .Donovan does not have the speed or crossing to be a winger anymore .

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
So Dempsey which we both agree on and a bunch of guys that we are hoping can perform better at the world cup.

This team is worse without Donovan.

Im excited about Green but come on...

Also.. The USA roster is filled with guys that aren't playing top notch with their current club.

This team beat Germany , Italy , Bosnia , tied Russia in Moscow without Donovan . Our best performances vs strong teams have been without Donovan .Im happy with this choice . This is coming froma galaxy and Donovan fan here. If Donovan was scoring goals dominating like his old self this would've never happened .

joseephuss

Reaction score
Julian Green would still be going even if Donovan made the squad. Green is going for the experience of being a part of the squad, but he is unlikely to play much if any at all. This is just a way to prep him for 2018 and probably the 2016 Olympics, too. Other countries have treated young, potential stars in a similar fashion. For example, in 1994, Brazil did the same thing with Ronaldo. The took him to the WC in the U.S., but he didn't play.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yes ! Can't wait . My prediction 3-0 USA . Altidore , Dempsey and Diskerud . Can't wait to see chandler back again .

Alright cool.. I'll post in here during the match. Hopefully yourself and others will join in.

It would be sick if we could get enough people for the chat room during some of the World Cup games.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Uh oh... Dempsey strained his groin.

Wondo starting.

Donovan on speed dial?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Midfield possession play is awful. They give away the ball in some bad spots.

Not a fan of a left footed right back either.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Midfield possession play is awful. They give away the ball in some bad spots.

Not a fan of a left footed right back either.

Bradley has an off game , looked bad out there . I thought Johnson played well ? Diskerud is a gamer the kid needs to be starting IMO . Overall a C+ performance . Looking foward to turkey on Sunday ! Final score 2/0 USA wins . We missed Dempsey !

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
going to be interesting as they figure out the bradley/jones pairing.

wondo/aron make for intriguing 2nd striker options as they are so sneaky.

brad davis really impressed me. very willful player.

love fabian johnson on the back line. what tremendous athleticism.
think he becomes a fixture at leftback after this WC.

klinsman does have a lot of young guys but young guys get better while old guys get worse.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
yedlin and omar gonzales looked completely outclasses versus the softest side we'll see until at least 2015.
they might need to just move on from gonzales.
yedlin might be great in 4 years but he is one raw kid right now.
wonder if either guys plays the next two warm ups.