Prescott and Cooper named to Pro Bowl

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There are other people throught the country that believe as I do. Wasn't there a video on here with some analysts where one of the guys thought the cowboys was the weakest or second weakest team in the playoffs because of their quarterback. And then the other guy said he didn't quite buy that because the cowboys have a lot of other pieces that are very talented? Just based upon here alone, you have just as many critics of daks as you fans of his. So just because he got a lot of fans voting for him, doesn't mean that there are just as many people who don't think he deserves to be in the probowl nation wide. I mean I know you would like that to prove your point, but it really is quite a bit of a jump.
OK, now you make sense. You get your takes from the national media. Very intellectual of you.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
:) we've all seen those threads around here. Honestly, I like Dak a bit more than I come off here, but when I see some homerism, I kinda get drawn into the debate, because to me this season Dak is not probowl material. I hope he can work on some stuff in the off season and I had vowed to be optimistic at the beginning of the season, but here I am because I don't think he deserves to be in the probowl. Heck, even with Aikman, if there was a year I felt he didn't deserve to be in it, like if it happened towards the end of his time with us, I would've said so. I think some people can be objective about the people they admire, while others think they're the best no matter what.
I was purposefully exaggerating lol

DStar22

Reaction score
haha..
You are a typical goal post mover.
First it was “can’t win a playoff game, prove it”. The dude shut your mouths for a week.
Once our defense couldn’t stop the Rams And Zeke and the OL couldn’t run for 50 yards on 20 carries then you guys sprung into action with championship game nonsense.

Let’s be honest for once. This guy could win back to back super bowls and you would say “yea but he has Zeke and a championship defense blah blah blah blah”.

2 pro bowls in 3 seasons. My favorite player off all time Romo took an entire career to earn 4.

no trust me, if he wins a Superbowl, which i have always put as the one and only goal, I would praise him as one of our best.

but, they have to win a superbowl.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Timmy was being paid top dollar from day one, and was paid god's ransom for over a decade before he took a paycut.

Dak has been held in the NFL's version of a soup kitchen, while he's running a fortune 500 company.
Which changes what of my post? Jesus! You Philly fans!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Which changes what of my post? Jesus! You Philly fans!

If you were implying Dak should take a discount when he's 35, sounds fine. But by following Timmy, you're implying Dak goes for Jerry's entire wallet on this contract deal. Tim Duncan made 200m$ between 2000-2010. Kill the cap is your argument, eh?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If you were implying Dak should take a discount when he's 35, sounds fine. But by following Timmy, you're implying Dak goes for Jerry's entire wallet on this contract deal. Tim Duncan made 200m$ between 2000-2010. Kill the cap is your argument, eh?
I think Dak should take a discount when he's 35, yes.
I mean eh?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:) we've all seen those threads around here. Honestly, I like Dak a bit more than I come off here, but when I see some homerism, I kinda get drawn into the debate, because to me this season Dak is not probowl material. I hope he can work on some stuff in the off season and I had vowed to be optimistic at the beginning of the season, but here I am because I don't think he deserves to be in the probowl. Heck, even with Aikman, if there was a year I felt he didn't deserve to be in it, like if it happened towards the end of his time with us, I would've said so. I think some people can be objective about the people they admire, while others think they're the best no matter what.
I'm at about the same place. I like Dak more when people don't put him on a pedestal.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I didnt realize the probowl was just based on whatever stat you cherry picked to ride with your agenda.
well the pro dak crowd likes to cherry pick stats too. But it is just amusing, because it seems that some people one here see 2018 as Dak lighting the NFL on fire with his skills. The other half of the people aren't seeing that. I saw it in 2016; this season is an improvement from 2017, but so far Dak has peaked in 2016.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I'm at about the same place. I like Dak more when people don't put him on a pedestal.

The way I see it is: next year is another blank slate. I'll be watching training camp and the preseason to see if there are any signs of improvement. I'll hope for the best going into the season. Well I actually did that this season too. I was worried about dak playing a shorten field, from the warnings that came up the year before, and while it did happen, he did actually better than I anticipated even at 3-5. I hope that Dak improves his accuracy enough to get respect or that the coaches come up with some other things that Dak can use to keep defenses honest. In a copy cat league, lets hope that more teams don't copy what the rams did against Dak for 2019.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The way I see it is: next year is another blank slate. I'll be watching training camp and the preseason to see if there are any signs of improvement. I'll hope for the best going into the season. Well I actually did that this season too. I was worried about dak playing a shorten field, from the warnings that came up the year before, and while it did happen, he did actually better than I anticipated even at 3-5. I hope that Dak improves his accuracy enough to get respect or that the coaches come up with some other things that Dak can use to keep defenses honest. In a copy cat league, lets hope that more teams don't copy what the rams did against Dak for 2019.
I'd like to see us copy what the Rams do for Goff. According to the breakdown I watched, they have their receivers run routes that all eventually end up in the same quadrant, and that way he doesn't have to go through progressions, just look for whoever's getting open. I think that could help Dak, if they base the offense off that for about 75% of the plays.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I guess a meaningless TD in prevent is better than ‘clutch’.

Actually the guy you were responding to was taking about Dak supppsedly being ‘clutch’, yet he couldn’t make the plays. And your argument was two TDS as evidence of what, I have no idea in this context..
Sweet baby Jesus, how is ANY touchdown meaningless? Are you serious? Hard no. 2 TDs aren't meaningless. Period.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Didn’t read any of the thread. Has anyone brought up the thought that this is simply and evil plot by the league to force Dallas to pay Dak more money due to being a pro bowl QB? I’m kind of only half joking.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Didn’t read any of the thread. Has anyone brought up the thought that this is simply and evil plot by the league to force Dallas to pay Dak more money due to being a pro bowl QB? I’m kind of only half joking.
I did actually present that possibility...but I was 80% joking.

Reactions: G2

superonyx

Reaction score
well the pro dak crowd likes to cherry pick stats too. But it is just amusing, because it seems that some people one here see 2018 as Dak lighting the NFL on fire with his skills. The other half of the people aren't seeing that. I saw it in 2016; this season is an improvement from 2017, but so far Dak has peaked in 2016.
You attempted to speak about the NFLs criteria for selecting Pro Bowl players and now you are showing that you were just trying to troll fans that like their favorite teams QB.

Be less divisive. We have enough trolls around here.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I know what you mean, but at the opposite side of the spectrum. Either way though, it really shouldn't change your opinion.

Ken

Reaction score
No it wasnt.. it was an awful throw, with Dak, in typical Dak style, stumbling, while running to his right to escape very little pressure, backing himself like ten-15 yards from the LOS when it was a fourth and three. He floated the Ball and came down like a dud and it was a desperation throw to a guy in the end zone that was well out the picture..

Sorry, I don’t believe you when you resort to an all
22 and the “multiple angles”..
Awful throw that should have been a td...lol. Hit as he throws and Cooper is interfered with out of the end zone while the ball is in the air and it one hops to him. Oh, and here is the play from multiple angles and I even slow it down for you from both angles, since you don't believe me...lol

HungryLion

Reaction score
Awful throw that should have been a td...lol. Hit as he throws and Cooper is interfered with out of the end zone while the ball is in the air and it one hops to him. Oh, and here is the play from multiple angles and I even slow it down for you from both angles, since you don't believe me...lol

It’s clear as day that Cooper would have had a chance to catch the ball, if he wasn’t interfered with.

It was a pass thrown on a broken play, where Dak is being hit as he throws. So yeah, it wasn’t a perfect pass. But in that situation, you’re just trying to put the ball in a spot where the receiver has a chance to make a play. Dak did that.

Ken

Reaction score
It’s clear as day that Cooper would have had a chance to catch the ball, if he wasn’t interfered with.

It was a pass thrown on a broken play, where Dak is being hit as he throws. So yeah, it wasn’t a perfect pass. But in that situation, you’re just trying to put the ball in a spot where the receiver has a chance to make a play. Dak did that.
And it set up the next 1 yard td run by Dak.

You summed it up perfectly though.