Prescott and Cooper named to Pro Bowl

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
well if you watched what was happening, you would see that the ram game planned to take care of Dak's weakness, that people from other teams brought up last year. They were daring Dak to throw the ball, with CBs giving the receivers a lot of cushion. Somehow, I don't think you send a QB that teams gameplan against their weakness to the probowl. If he is going to be sucessful, the cowboys will have to fix that this off season.
Yeah, you didn’t watch the game.

Aven8

Reaction score
Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, DeAndre Hopkins, Tyreke Hill, Mike Evans.

Who is he better than in that group?

I haven't even mentioned Mike Thomas and JuJu Smith-Schuster.

Route running, speed, strong. Kid has it all. Best WR we’ve had around here in a lonng time.

khiladi

Reaction score
Why are you soiling this thread with your same innaccurate takes? There was a thread dedicated to this topic.

The "meaningless" td would have meant a whole lot if Jeff Heath doesn't watch a glacier run 7 yards for a first down on 3rd down.

Sorry, but that’s what prevent is. Rams burn time off the clock knowing they have a 15 point lead. They have mentally-incompetent Dak take 5 minutes off the clock while throwing checkdown over the middle, not caring if he scored in the end, as long as he burns time off the clock.

They then have no problems playing their next set of downs with an 8 point lead to run the ball with Goff got seven yards.

That’s how teams manage end of games all the time in these situations.

khiladi

Reaction score
I really don't understand what Goff being top 10 in voting has to do with my point but ok. I also don't think Goff sucks, I just think Dak is better.

My point was there were 24 players who made the pro bowl this year because of the players and coaches. If it was up to the fans, they would have been home.

That is why 2/3 is greater than 1/3.

That’s wrong. They are there because of players, coaches AND FANS.

And Dak was actually invited by the league as an alternate.

Ken

Reaction score
Sorry, but that’s what prevent is. Rams burn time off the clock knowing they have a 15 point lead. They have mentally-incompetent Dak take 5 minutes off the clock while throwing checkdown over the middle, not caring if he scored in the end, as long as he burns time off the clock.

They then have no problems playing their next set of downs with an 8 point lead to run the ball with Goff got seven yards.

what i posted the other day:

'You mean, they were short and over the middle OTHER than the first play of the drive that was a 17 yard deep in to Gallup that went for 24 right?

How about the 3rd and 7 at the 49? THAT WAS A 7 YARD SIDELINE ROUTE.

Then of course the deep pass in the end zone that the PI on Coop set us up for the score."

I know you don't think the pi was a pi but it absolutely was.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Yeah that last drive definitely took too long don't know how anybody can argue that. I forgot exactly but it seemed like it took 5/6 minutes to score.

khiladi

Reaction score
what i posted the other day:

'You mean, they were short and over the middle OTHER than the first play of the drive that was a 17 yard deep in to Gallup that went for 24 right?

How about the 3rd and 7 at the 49? THAT WAS A 7 YARD SIDELINE ROUTE.

Then of course the deep pass in the end zone that the PI on Coop set us up for the score."

I know you don't think the pi was a pi but it absolutely was.

Uncatcheable desperation throws are not PI, no matter how much you think they are.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah that last drive definitely took too long don't know how anybody can argue that. I forgot exactly but it seemed like it took 5/6 minutes to score.

It was over five minutes long. They started around the seven minute plus mark and ended at 2 minutes. Even Aikman was commentating on how Dak is running the offense way too slow and walking up to the line with no sense of urgency.

It was a 4th and 3 on the the throw up that they flagged Talib for.

Ken

Reaction score
Uncatcheable desperation throws are not PI, no matter how much you think they are.
well...it was absolutely catchable if the cb lets Cooper come back to it...hence the pi.

It was a GREAT throw and would have been a td, like i posted in the game thread at thre time, had the cb not blocked him.

You can dispute it but it was called for that reason. I have it from multiple angles on the all 22 as well.

khiladi

Reaction score
well...it was absolutely catchable if the cb lets Cooper come back to it...hence the pi.

It was a GREAT throw and would have been a td, like i posted in the game thread at thre time, had the cb not blocked him.

You can dispute it but it was called for that reason. I have it from multiple angles on the all 22 as well.

No it wasnt.. it was an awful throw, with Dak, in typical Dak style, stumbling, while running to his right to escape very little pressure, backing himself like ten-15 yards from the LOS when it was a fourth and three. He floated the Ball and came down like a dud and it was a desperation throw to a guy in the end zone that was well out the picture..

Sorry, I don’t believe you when you resort to an all
22 and the “multiple angles”..

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Obviously people around the league and fans throughout the country believe as I do and many fans that the intangibles he brings to the position make him better than that
There are other people throught the country that believe as I do. Wasn't there a video on here with some analysts where one of the guys thought the cowboys was the weakest or second weakest team in the playoffs because of their quarterback. And then the other guy said he didn't quite buy that because the cowboys have a lot of other pieces that are very talented? Just based upon here alone, you have just as many critics of daks as you fans of his. So just because he got a lot of fans voting for him, doesn't mean that there are just as many people who don't think he deserves to be in the probowl nation wide. I mean I know you would like that to prove your point, but it really is quite a bit of a jump.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
In my opinion, he is better than Brady and Mahomes combined.
:) we've all seen those threads around here. Honestly, I like Dak a bit more than I come off here, but when I see some homerism, I kinda get drawn into the debate, because to me this season Dak is not probowl material. I hope he can work on some stuff in the off season and I had vowed to be optimistic at the beginning of the season, but here I am because I don't think he deserves to be in the probowl. Heck, even with Aikman, if there was a year I felt he didn't deserve to be in it, like if it happened towards the end of his time with us, I would've said so. I think some people can be objective about the people they admire, while others think they're the best no matter what.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
He needs to pull a Tim Duncan...
And Timmy was an all-timer!

Timmy was being paid top dollar from day one, and was paid god's ransom for over a decade before he took a paycut.

Dak has been held in the NFL's version of a soup kitchen, while he's running a fortune 500 company.