Twitter: Prescott and Mahomes stats through 11 games

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak is playing well!
Mahomes has had a down year for him

But .....Yeah, not remotely the same comp.
Mahomes has maybe the worst WR group and Dak has one of the best WR groups. He does have a great TE though while our group is "only" considered above average.
It’s crazy this is the narrative now because I remember when they got Toney and Sky Moore and everyone said that’s all Mahomes needs is 1st and 2nd round talent. Now they stink. Rice js getting a bad rep because of those guys drops but Rice is going to be a great receiver.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It’s crazy this is the narrative now because I remember when they got Toney and Sky Moore and everyone said that’s all Mahomes needs is 1st and 2nd round talent. Now they stink. Rice js getting a bad rep because of those guys drops but Rice is going to be a great receiver.
Yeah, he needs more than some tink.

I suspect Rice will be a decent player eventually

But let's not kid ourselves.....Mahomes would light it up with CeeDee Lamb, Brandin Cook, Michael Gallop et al.

That doesn't mean Dak isn't playing his tail off this year, just saying Mahomes WRs are considered one of the worst groups.

blueblood70

Reaction score

this is not new Prescott a lot better than this place gives him credit for everybody wants to see him go they're all against the guy says he's never gonna bring us the Super bowl but you remember 2021 which is by far probably his best year outside his rookie year 37 touchdowns and 10 interceptions twelve wins I mean do you realize that Patrick mahomes had 37 touchdowns but 13 interceptions I don't know how many wins I know he might have won a Super Bowl that year but still Prescott's not our issue here we might wanna bring him a better run game a little bit better offensive line and a little bit better defense in these big games in the playoffs that's what we're missing... Mahomes in my opinion still the best quarterback in the league but Prescott's not that far off between all these guys allegedly that are supposed to be elite and ahead of Prescott it's always been ridiculous to say that he's in somehow a second tier yeah if you're comparing him to mahomes he might be just below but second tier to hurts and Allen and Burroughs is ridiculous he's on the same level as those guys....

blueblood70

Reaction score

But let's not kid ourselves.....Mahomes would light it up with CeeDee Lamb, Brandin Cook, Michael Gallop et al.

That doesn't mean Dak isn't playing his tail off this year, just saying Mahomes WRs are considered one of the worst groups.
Clearly Travis Kelce is a number one wide receiver you might want to call him a tight end but that's the same as having a CD lamb... Ferguson is nowhere near Kelce

so let's stop acting like he's got no talent over there he also has better coaching and he's on a better offense... I don't wanna hear about losing talent cause Prescott didn't get that excuse when amari Cooper Cedric Wilson among others all got cut off this team from 2021 to 2022 then he breaks his hand still has a great production but somehow we don't get Prescott any excuses for having a lack of talent seven of those interceptions bounced off somebody's hand whether it was a tipped ball off the line of scrimmage him being grabbed from behind I mean he's had problems with his offensive line no run game even this year guys having one of the worst separation rates Prescott had to deal with for two years now most of our wide receivers struggle to get open outside of CD lamb..

So let's be clear stop making excuses for my homes when Prescott had to deal with this I mean in 2018 he had nobody at wide receiver until they traded for amari Cooper but most people were all about bashing Prescott for doing what oh not elevating the rest of his team you know like most quarterbacks cannot... They all need some talent

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
At some point in life analysts/fans will realize that a players supporting cast means as much to their stats as their skill does. KC has never provided Patty the supporting cast other teams provide their QB's. Be it, Dallas...Iggles..Miami, etc. This is no different than a clean up hitter in MLB being more effective when on base guys hit ahead of him. It's not really that difficult to understand this plays a massive part in things and the real elite players can overcome this, as Patty has done outside of his TE/WR in years past. Do not think for a second KC messed up large not replacing Hill......or at least trying to

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's face it. Mahomes has fallen off a cliff.
It’s amazing what happens when your supporting cast is no longer what it was. It’s almost like it’s not all about the QB.

That said, there’s no denying that the Cowboys’ schedule has been absurdly easy so far. Should be an interesting month.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Mahomes worst year vs Dak's best year and stats look similar. Thats the difference between Mahomes and Dak.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Then stop posting until January. Posts prior are useless.
Exactly. I don’t understand why fans who think that nothing matters in football until January bother to dig around fan site threads in November.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Oh geez, can feel the end of year Cowboys overhype coming. We win these games against good teams, and it's Dak for MVP, Super Bowl bound, #11 greatest pass rusher ever, and whatever else can get us hyped until we blow it again in the Playoffs.

Only thing I have going for me is Jerry finally allowed Jimmy in the ROH, which I feel might have broken the curse.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Exactly. I don’t understand why fans who think that nothing matters in football until January bother to dig around fan site threads in November.
Me either. I'm excited the team is competitive and just wanna talk football. Instead, we watch the goalpost shifts in real time.

12+88=7

Reaction score
It's these constant Prescott threads that are annoying. The same posters, pro and con, they regurgitate the same talking points for 20 pages. They then move on to the next thread and repeat the process.

This topic shouldn't be debated during the regular season. It's pointless because it won't be settled until January.

During the regular season other thread topics are more relevant when it's about the team and where they are and where they should be.

Stop the Prescott BS.

Sign, the 99%.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's these constant Prescott threads that are annoying. The same posters, pro and con, they regurgitate the same talking points for 20 pages. They then move on to the next thread and repeat the process.

This topic shouldn't be debated during the regular season. It's pointless because it won't be settled until January.

During the regular season other thread topics are more relevant when it's about the team and where they are and where they should be.

Stop the Prescott BS.

Sign, the 99%.
I truly hope you recover from this hard time.

vlad

Reaction score
Now imagine the insane stats if Cooper Rush was the QB like so many here wanted! Records breaking left and right.

So comical, him balling out keeps cracking me up.
I'm sure when he passes 10 ints ppl will have a giant party though. he could have 100 TD passes but if he crosses 10 picks, the howls will make LVE blush.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I disagree. Kelce is still a great player. I’d say I’d rather have Lamb but this group was fine for Mahomes last year. The NFL is just different this year. Teams are playing better defense.
Eric Bienemy

Suddenly Sam Howell is leading the league in yards and Mahomes is having his worst year as a pro with roughly the same offense he had last year

Dallasfann

Reaction score
He's a poor man's Risen Star.

Sadly with 20 points more intellect he'd get folks here suckered, just as RS does. All it takes is about 102 IQ and a sarcastic wit.
Yep - both are very low IQ football people. I don't know if Risen is a Cowboy fan or not but I am 100 % sure that MountaCowboy is not. I've said this before but I have been posting on forums for 20+ years and I've never blocked a single poster. I did finally with Mount at the beginning of the year and it's made this place so much better. He averages 20 post a day and they are all at beginning of threads that are aimed at derailing the entire thing. It's very nice to hear he isn't posting as much here from you guys though. Hope it continues.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

But they are first and second rounders lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Eric Bienemy

Suddenly Sam Howell is leading the league in yards and Mahomes is having his worst year as a pro with roughly the same offense he had last year
Yeah but Howell is just throwing it he’s getting sacked and interceptions….hes gonna get Eric fired lol.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You may not know them but Rice is better than Juju. You will know by this season or next year. At the end of ten day guys are struggling. Burrow did as well what was his excuse? Teams are playing these guys differently. Dak struggled a bit early because of it too. Has nothing to do with Mahomes weapons he had these guys last year and has a better group this year.
I am not sure if those guys are better this year than last. regardless, none of them are top 20 or close to it, outside of Kelce. I take our top 3 guys over their top 3 guys. anyday of the week.

Dak has played an easier schedule too.

this is not a knock on Dak, I just don't think he is at Mahomes level. perhaps if he continues he will have that kind of a year. I can't equate him to Mahomes, nor am I going to say Mahomes is struggling with a bunch of no name WRs. perhaps someday they will be good, but also Mahomes is helping them get there.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Clearly Travis Kelce is a number one wide receiver you might want to call him a tight end but that's the same as having a CD lamb... Ferguson is nowhere near Kelce

so let's stop acting like he's got no talent over there he also has better coaching and he's on a better offense... I don't wanna hear about losing talent cause Prescott didn't get that excuse when amari Cooper Cedric Wilson among others all got cut off this team from 2021 to 2022 then he breaks his hand still has a great production but somehow we don't get Prescott any excuses for having a lack of talent seven of those interceptions bounced off somebody's hand whether it was a tipped ball off the line of scrimmage him being grabbed from behind I mean he's had problems with his offensive line no run game even this year guys having one of the worst separation rates Prescott had to deal with for two years now most of our wide receivers struggle to get open outside of CD lamb..

So let's be clear stop making excuses for my homes when Prescott had to deal with this I mean in 2018 he had nobody at wide receiver until they traded for amari Cooper but most people were all about bashing Prescott for doing what oh not elevating the rest of his team you know like most quarterbacks cannot... They all need some talent
Talk about getting panties in a wad.
Jesus

I never said Kelce wasn't like having Cee Dee.

In any case, I'll stand by what I said.....if Mahomes had our entire assortment of weapons, I feel sure his number would be far better than they are.
If you disagree.....fine.

Go have a tantrum someone else if you think I was bashing Dak in any way. I was not. I was discussing Mahomes.