Twitter: Prescott By The Numbers: Facts Over Fiction

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You're a liar. I didn’t say that about you because you said you would take Mahomes over Dak. I would take Mahomes over Dak RIGHT NOW!!!

So stop lying. While we're talking about it though, why don't you explain to the people how a tier 4 bum can put up the numbers Dak has put up in his first 5, 6 years???

If Dak, P. Manning, and Brees all had 1 playoff win, BUT Dak had better overall numbers AT THE 6TH YEAR MARK..... Explain to us all how Dak, out of the three is the ONLY tier 4 bum with better stats????

Stafford had ZERO playoff wins at the 6th year mark, but then you never said he's a tier 4 bum.

Explain to us all how this all works. Make it make sense.
I've explained the tier thing to you countless times and after the last time I explained it I told you I was not going to do it anymore.

Go back and look at the other 3 times I explained it to you if you need a refresher on it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The good person thing means nothing to be. I only care about what you're doing to get this team to where it needs to go.

If he's winning and playing great then I don't care if all his teammates can't stand him and the fanbase hates him. Just win, baby.

I'm not a Dak fan strictly based on his abilities on the football field. Do I think he's kind of a fake? Yeah, he's learned from Jason Garrett when it comes to that. I don't even care if he's a fake. Just win.

The praise Dak gets for doing so little aggravates me. That's where most of the criticism comes from with me. I see this or that posted and him getting praised and I'm just like "wait a sec, we've done nothing with him. Why should we praise him over stats?"

I expect better from players on my favorite team. I should probably stop thinking others should expect better also, but I'm learning. Slowly, but surely.
I dont think he gets praised for doing little. I think he gets praise because without him this team would be a lot worse.

I don't think some people remember the QB purgatory this team was in for years after Aikman. Romo and Dak have kept this team relevant and made the Jones family a lot of money. They had their chances and didn't win. Daks chapter isn't closed yet and I still think he can do it. But yeah I think the reason he gets praised sometimes for small feats is because guys like Quincy Carter couldn't even achieve those small feats. If that makes sense.

His teammates apparently love him too btw lol. Except Amari, but he has now rubbed 2 locker rooms the wrong way so I am starting to wonder if he is the problem.

GINeric

Reaction score
Like Dak. I cant control what other people say. I definitely do not think you dont like Dak for "That" reason. I honestly think you dont like him because you 1 think he stinks (which is unfounded) and 2 because you dont think he is a good person. And thats fine. Just admit it instead of arguing against almost every statistic thrown at you disputing the facts. I can post film of some plays that maybe 2 other QBs in the league can make that Dak has made. You would probably say it was luck or it isnt the norm.

And yeah MC the reason Dak is talked about is because you either start the conversation in threads that arent even Dak related, or you hunt them down to comment on them lol.

For the record I definitely dont think you are what "my buddy" thinks you are. At all. But you do realize using your profile picture to try and argue against that assumption is weird on its on as well right. I can post a picture of Aaron Rodgers. Doesnt mean I like the guy lol.

Honestly. Dak needs to improve. In a lot of areas. Do I think he can. Yes. Because he is also a student of the game and incredibly intelligent. Its on him to do it though. I remember a story leaking in his rookie year of some of his teammates going to a Kanye concert and inviting him to go and his response was "I need to study the playbook". Things like that give me hope for him. Also. The guy has been thru a helluva lot in his personal life and I have a soft spot for people that have dealt with suicide for personal reasons. So maybe I do give him a longer leash then I would most other people. I do have faith Dak can get it done. Its on him to prove it. Lets leave it there. And lets start discussing some funny old school baseball names lol

1. Dak is the third player in history with 100+ TD passes and 20+ in his first 4 years.

2. Dak is for the second most game winning drives in his first 4 seasons.

3. Dak is tied for the most 100+ passer rating games in his first 4 seasons.

4. The Cowboys have won 30+ games and only loss 3 when Dak has a 100+ passer rating.

5. Dak has the 6th highest touchdown to interception ratio in NFL HISTORY.

Now tell him to explain how a tier 4 bum can do these things thousands of quarterbacks in 100 years of football were never able to do. Make it make sense....

phildadon86

Reaction score
1. Dak is the third player in history with 100+ TD passes and 20+ in his first 4 years.-This one I am not sure about

2. Dak is for the second most game winning drives in his first 4 seasons.-They will say it was everyone else but him who did that

3. Dak is tied for the most 100+ passer rating games in his first 4 seasons.-They will say it was everyone else but him who did that

4. The Cowboys have won 30+ games and only loss 3 when Dak has a 100+ passer rating.-Some spin will happen on this too

5. Dak has the 6th highest touchdown to interception ratio in NFL HISTORY.-They will say its because he doesnt throw a lot of touchdowns

Now tell him to explain how a tier 4 bum can do these things thousands of quarterbacks in 100 years of football were never able to do. Make it make sense....

GINeric

Reaction score
I've explained the tier thing to you countless times and after the last time I explained it I told you I was not going to do it anymore.

Go back and look at the other 3 times I explained it to you if you need a refresher on it.

Explain why you lied about the whole Mahomes and Dak thing?? I would take Mahomes over Dak as we speak. So now that i killed THAT lie, what's the next lie you're going to use???

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I dont think he gets praised for doing little. I think he gets praise because without him this team would be a lot worse.

I don't think some people remember the QB purgatory this team was in for years after Aikman. Romo and Dak have kept this team relevant and made the Jones family a lot of money. They had their chances and didn't win. Daks chapter isn't closed yet and I still think he can do it. But yeah I think the reason he gets praised sometimes for small feats is because guys like Quincy Carter couldn't even achieve those small feats. If that makes sense.

His teammates apparently love him too btw lol. Except Amari, but he has now rubbed 2 locker rooms the wrong way so I am starting to wonder if he is the problem.
I remember the QB purgatory very well and quiet frankly, we're still in it, it's just been dressed up with prettier stats the last 15 or so years.

If you're judging Dak based on what guys like Carter or Hutchinson did then okay, but I think those people should set the bar much higher than that.

GINeric

Reaction score

Now you see my point!!! I respect people with great arguments whether or not I agree with them.... but when that other person says he don't like Dak for this and that.... thats his opinion, he's entitled to that.

But when that same person can't explain how a tier 4 bum quarterback (as he referred to Dak) can put up those numbers.... you see his hate for Dak hasn't absolutely nothing to do with football.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Explain why you lied about the whole Mahomes and Dak thing?? I would take Mahomes over Dak as we speak. So now that i killed THAT lie, what's the next lie you're going to use???
You're assuming that things go past the football field for me based on me not thinking Dak is a great as you do.

You started this in that "I'm not saying Dak is better than Mahomes but.." thread.

I made a tier list and that's when you started this "beyond the football field" junk. But because Dak wasn't where you believed he should be you started throwing out assumptions, challenging people to fights, and so on and so forth. Why you care so much about my rankings is beyond me, but you do, and here we are now.

GINeric

Reaction score
I remember the QB purgatory very well and quiet frankly, we're still in it, it's just been dressed up with prettier stats the last 15 or so years.

If you're judging Dak based on what guys like Carter or Hutchinson did then okay, but I think those people should set the bar much higher than that.

When Manning and Brees were in their 6th year with one playoff win to their name with lesser overall stats than Dak.... did you refer to them as tier 4 bums and compare them to Carter and Hutchinson like you did Dak???

Im asking for a friend....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
When Manning and Brees were in their 6th year with one playoff win to their name with lesser overall stats than Dak.... did you refer to them as tier 4 bums and compare them to Carter and Hutchinson like you did Dak???

We've went over this already and you accepted my answer before and understood it completely. You even gave me a "like" on it.

Are you okay?

phildadon86

Reaction score

I agree. Unfortunately its been a long time since we had that high bar (Aikman) so now the bar has gone down. Unlike the price of gas lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

I mean, I literally have QBs like Mahomes, Wilson, and Jackson above Dak in my tiers, but because Dak isn't where you would have it you assume it's for other reasons?

I mean, really? Think about the amount of mental gymnastics you'd have to play to get to where you are right now.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I mean, I literally have QBs like Mahomes, Wilson, and Jackson above Dak in my tiers, but because Dak isn't where you would have it you assume it's for other reasons?

I mean, really? Think about the amount of mental gymnastics you'd have to play to get to where you are right now.
Lamar Jackson? I see why some do that but I cant. Without his legs hes horrible. And if we are talking about playoff success. He didnt win his first game until what his 3rd appearance? And a lot of those games the losses were kinda on him. He also doesnt have the excuse of Garrett for the beginning of his career. He has a real football coach. So it seems like the things you criticize Dak for you let slide with Jackson.

Just my opinion.

GINeric

Reaction score
You're assuming that things go past the football field for me based on me not thinking Dak is a great as you do.

You started this in that "I'm not saying Dak is better than Mahomes but.." thread.

I made a tier list and that's when you started this "beyond the football field" junk. But because Dak wasn't where you believed he should be you started throwing out assumptions, challenging people to fights, and so on and so forth. Why you care so much about my rankings is beyond me, but you do, and here we are now.

Annnnnd there you go with another lie. I never said Dak is GREAT. I've always said Dak is very good. Other HOF players, coaches, and GMs have also said Dak is very good quarterback. Take me out of the equation... who do you believe holds more credibility, HOFers who actually know the game or .... you.....

I really don't care about your rankings, i just love exposing people like you and "your type" of mindset that has nothing to do with football talent.

Thats why you could never line your "quarterback logic" with actual stats. And for the record, i dont just go around challenging just anybody to fights. But when I encounter "your types", Ive been known to put plenty of them to sleep.

* this is not a direct threat so no need to go snitching again. You mentioned challenging to fights, and I explained myself.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Lamar Jackson? I see why some do that but I cant. Without his legs hes horrible. And if we are talking about playoff success. He didnt win his first game until what his 3rd appearance? And a lot of those games the losses were kinda on him. He also doesnt have the excuse of Garrett for the beginning of his career. He has a real football coach. So it seems like the things you criticize Dak for you let slide with Jackson.

Just my opinion.
I say that because he was a unanimous MVP. I think that holds some weight and give you an extra boost. You were, at least for that year, the best player in the NFL.

If you looked at my tiers you would understand. There not straight rankings. They are into categories with explanations. I'll try and find it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Annnnnd there you go with another lie. I never said Dak is GREAT. I've always said Dak is very good. Other HOF players, coaches, and GMs have also said Dak is very good quarterback. Take me out of the equation... who do you believe holds more credibility, HOFers who actually know the game or .... you.....

I really don't care about your rankings, i just love exposing people like you and "your type" of mindset that has nothing to do with football talent.

Thats why you could never line your "quarterback logic" with actual stats. And for the record, i dont just go around challenging just anybody to fights. But when I encounter "your types", Ive been known to put plenty of them to sleep.

* this is not a direct threat so no need to go snitching again. You mentioned challenging to fights, and I explained myself.
You're impossible, dude.

Ignore.

GINeric

Reaction score

Annnnnd another avoided question.... Yall see what he did there??? I specifically asked about Manning and Brees.... and he totally avoided yet ANOTHER question and brought up Mahomes, Wilson and Jackson.... LOOOOOOL!!!!

With that said, it don't matter where you have Dak ranked at because you obviously have a low football IQ. Its obvious with your inability to answer direct questions to back up your statements. Dak is ranked right where the NFL has him ranked and im cool with that because they got it right. Hard to argue with fact aint it....

Haimerej

Reaction score
If Dak, P. Manning, and Brees all had 1 playoff win, BUT Dak had better overall numbers AT THE 6TH YEAR MARK..... Explain to us all how Dak, out of the three is the ONLY tier 4 bum with better stats????

Since you've seemingly reached the point with MC that he no longer takes you seriously, I'll jump in on this point, lest anyone think you're making a valid observation.

Manning was drafted in 1998 as the #1 overall pick on the hapless Colts. You may be too young to remember, but the Colts in the '90's were pretty bad. They had a lucky run in '95 off the strength of a decent defense, but most years they were below .500. They were 3-13 when they earned the right to get Manning. Unlike our Cowboys in 2015, that wasn't because they lost a key player or players. They were just a bad team. Most people who remember young Peyton's teams remember his defenses were usually some of the worst in the league. As regards his personal stats, do you really need it explained how the league has changed since the late '90's and early '00's? The passing game is much more prominent, the defenses are much more restricted, and the QB might as well be wearing the red jersey that says, "don't hit me too hard."

As regards Brees, he was drafted to a team with a proven veteran QB who he sat behind in his rookie year. He also played for Marty Schottenheimer, who may be the last, "4 yards and a pile of dirt," type coaches we see in the NFL. Look up, "Martyball," and you'll see why any QB who played for Schottenheimer (other than Montana) would have lower numbers. He actually brought in a west coast offensive coordinator when they got Montana at KC.

If anything, that should deal with the raw stats discrepancy, as well as w/l and playoff record. Dak came to a team that had been devastated by injury the previous season and still had very good players in place.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Just my opinion.
1) Elite - Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers.
2) On the cusp - Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Wilson, and Stafford.
3) Good, but needs a ton help - Jackson and Carr.
4) Can win with if literally everything works out perfectly - Cousins, Tannehill, Dak, Jimmy G, Murray, Mac Jones, Wentz, and Ryan.
5) Everyone else.

This is my tier list that upsets him so much.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Just my opinion.
Yeah.... That makes the PERFECT sense.

Also, as stated before, I have explained the tier 4 thing for you multiple times, but you are still the only person that literally cannot understand it. Here I'll do it again:

Tier 1 - Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady ... Champions still playing at MVP levels
Tier 2 - Allen, Burrows, Herbert, Stafford .... Guys that are on the cusp, guys that EVERYONE can see has the skills needed.
Tier 3 - Carr, Wilson, Jackson ... These guys aren't tier 2 level, but if the right pieces are around them they can lead you to success.
Tief 4 - Dak, Murray, Cousins, Tannehill, Jimmy G, Goff, Jones .... Guys that need a lot around them going perfect to lead to success, aren't capable of carrying the team and making guys better.
Tier 5 - Everyone else

This is MY RANKINGS. I do not care about yours, but I understand that you seem to be obsessed with my personal rankings. So there, for the last time, I don't care if you like it, agree with it, or understand it. I am posting it AGAIN to show that it's not that complicated to understand. If you don't still don't get it then it's a YOU problem, not a ME problem.

I posted this to him in another thread explain it more. Why he still asks me to explain it all the time is beyond me. This was earlier this month.

I even made some changes from that one and the other one.