Twitter: Prescott deal not close

12+88=7

Reaction score
Question,

Dallas continues to play great on offense, gets the #1 seed, loses in divisional round(doesn't matter who is responsible) doesn't make championship game.

Does Prescott get resigned?

If he does get resigned, how much and how long?

I think he gets resigned, but for less years and money.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys!!

Yep no need rush esp for a QB with so many ? marks and flaws in his game.

He's got the rest of the season to earn his new deal......as proven TALENT only gets the big bucks!!!!

HanD

Reaction score
I found this bit interesting. First I've heard of it

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/footba...7698796/fantasy-football-flex-rankings-week-4

But Dallas also could have the ability to protect its top free agents this offseason. If no collective bargaining agreement is reached this season, teams will have the ability to use a franchise and a transition tag this offseason, meaning Dallas could use one on Prescott and the other on free-agent-to-be wide receiver Amari Cooper.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Jerry made a huge mistake by not signing after the end of last season,Dak would have agreed to 32-33 million at that time.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys think he gets tired of this and demands a trade? Maybe then ship him and a pick to the Saints for Teddy Bridgewater?

What do you think, bros?

GenoT

Reaction score
Dak set the hook on the Joneses a long time ago.

Today, the $imple que$tion i$, how long will Dak’s agent let the line play out before he land$ the big fi$h?

slick325

Reaction score
Tag him...

Edit: Use the tag to come to a deal. I'm always for players getting paid.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
this is NOT news no news is not news lmao.. when it happens post

I dont understand all the posts about its close , its off, on , imminent, off again..

ITS SIMPKE, DAKS 3-0 start has inflated his ego further and wants to milk the DC FO for all he can.. im glad its off for now,,.i want to se how the season ends and saee whos has the leverage.. 3 games against soft teams doesnt change much for me but obviously his Agent and himself have decided to be paid that 34-40 that was allegedly false..

basically wants to be THE market setter..

if not it would be done..

for me if he is changed QB , and he shows after the season hes played this way more times then not against the best..then pay him top pay..

its the best route for all..

so can the media stop and the fans stop psoting when the news is no news..jeez

Kingofholland

Reaction score
And, if we’re all being honest, this is EXACTLY how this whole process should’ve played out. No matter what side of the Dak argument you are on, it seems we all were wanting the same thing - to see Dak prove how good he is on a consistent basis. Keep playing like he has, he’s gonna be paid TOP QB $$$. Falls off? Then he won’t. It’s that simple.

Yep exactly, I wonder where the Cowboys are at this point in dollars per year.

ShortRound

Reaction score
You guys think he gets tired of this and demands a trade? Maybe then ship him and a pick to the Saints for Teddy Bridgewater?

What do you think, bros?

I think you’re stuck with him for the next 5 years minimum

romonumberone

Reaction score
I hope they do not sign him. If he gets paid $40,000,000 a year or more.... They will have no money to field a competitive team around him. Dak has proven that even if one thing is missing than he is not a good QB.

It is just greed. Call his bluff. Let him go to the Raiders or Bengals and pay more in state taxes and have less endorsements. He should feel grateful, happy, & honored just to be playing for the Dallas Cowboys. I am tired of these greedy athletes.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
How can he make more than Russel?

How much does the second franchise tag get him?

If we tag Prescott, he absolutely should hold out.

To think that is realistic or that the team should hardball him is silly. Teams that treat their leaders that way are destined to be crap.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I hope they do not sign him. If he gets paid $40,000,000 a year or more.... They will have no money to field a competitive team around him. Dak has proven that even if one thing is missing than he is not a good QB.

It is just greed. Call his bluff. Let him go to the Raiders or Bengals and pay more in state taxes and have less endorsements. He should feel grateful, happy, & honored just to be playing for the Dallas Cowboys. I am tired of these greedy athletes.

He is not a good QB and should be honored to play here?

That's some entitlement right there. You are about a post from going full on Donald Sterling.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
If we tag Prescott, he absolutely should hold out.

To think that is realistic or that the team should hardball him is silly. Teams that treat their leaders that way are destined to be crap.
Pay him 40 million then...

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Jerry made a huge mistake by not signing after the end of last season,Dak would have agreed to 32-33 million at that time.

First, no it wasn’t a mistake because Dak wasn’t worth $30+ million based on his performance the past two years. Second, you have no idea if Dak would have signed for that. Third, this is exactly how it should be. Make Dak prove he is worth the money he wants. I will gladly pay him a few more million if he continues at this level rather than having paid him $32 million and he was no better than he has been the last two years. Actually, that would have been the biggest mistake ever and a huge gamble. Dak is currently proving that whatever you pay him is no gamble. I’d rather go that route every time.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
And, if we’re all being honest, this is EXACTLY how this whole process should’ve played out. No matter what side of the Dak argument you are on, it seems we all were wanting the same thing - to see Dak prove how good he is on a consistent basis. Keep playing like he has, he’s gonna be paid TOP QB $$$. Falls off? Then he won’t. It’s that simple.

That's what some fans think. Nothing the Cowboys have said remotely suggests that.

He's going to get paid over $30 million annually. It's just a question of how much more and for how many years.