Twitter: Prescott deal not close

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Dak knows that he’d lose nearly all leverage if he acted like DLaw or Zeke...

He’d immediately lose several million for any insubordinate behavior...

The ONLY weapon he has is winning.

Otherwise, we could just franchise him and worry about it later.. Probably the most pragmatic approach without a SB unless Dak accepts < 35..

He knows damn well he’s not replacing 15 million worth of Cowboys endorsements on another team..

Unless it's the Patriots which I'm sure Bellicheck would consider delaying retirement to follow up Brady with Dak.

cowboyed

Reaction score
"They're close!"
"They're not close!"
"It's happening soon!"
"Nothing's happening."
"A deal is imminent!"
"They're so far apart."

Wake me when the deal actually occurs. I've spent way too much time the past few months on this.
It's about as imminent as a turtle at the start of a marathon.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dallas probably offered what they felt is fair after they saw 2017 and still had some questions after 2018. They're in no rush to overpay, because if somehow he starts laying duds they probably won't budge, but if Dak plays good or great for 11-12+ games out of the year I'm sure they'll have no problem upping their offer.

Noclaf

Reaction score
Good don't pay him after tonight star talking money back from everyone!

InTheZone

Reaction score
good, Dak will realize he just needs to accept whatever the team is offering, because we're 0-1 when the opponent punches back, duds all over the place.

Wood

Reaction score
Good. We saw Prescott against the first good team of the year and he played like garbage. Pretty sure he's not a 40 million dollar QB.

I still think he has chance to play well and win against GB & Philly. If he plays poorly in those games then it could snowball.