Prescott drops to 7th highest paid QB

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, however I never expect full immunity, Dak shares in the blame of not getting to the top but he is far from the soul reason. I think some understand the game of football based on the play of the QB and nothing more yet the QB as important as it is, is also a position that relies on those around him doing their job, no QB can walk out there and do it alone. For this team to get to where they want will require then stepping up as a team and making plays from the star players to the jag, it take all players doing their jobs. If this was about who has the best QB then Rodgers would be sitting there with multiple SB rings, yet has 1 from over 11 years ago?
The problem here is any Dak criticism is taken as ONLY blaming him.

Like you have to have a list of caveats before you can start on Dak.

JG Sucks.
MM sucks
KM sucks
JJ sucks
SJ sucks
Zeke sucks
O-line sucks.
Mascot sucks
AT&T sucks.

That should cover it. I'd like to see Dak be more consistent with throws, get back to dual threats, read defenses better (see Kurt Warner to get a better breakdown than I can give), start games better, and be more consistent through the game and season. I'd like to see him inspire and lead the team against good teams.

I don;t really care how much money he makes.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

JG Sucks.
MM sucks
KM sucks
JJ sucks
SJ sucks
Zeke sucks
O-line sucks.
Mascot sucks
AT&T sucks.

That should cover it. I'd like to see Dak be more consistent with throws, get back to dual threats, read defenses better (see Kurt Warner to get a better breakdown that I can give), start games better, and be more consistent through the game and season. I'd like to see him inspire and lead the team against good teams.

This is where we should all be.. Focus on football.. we aint gittin any of his money anyway.. but we do get to watch him play football. Warner's breakdown he did was pretty good and accurate.. but he also did a similar breakdown early in the season explaining why he thought Dak was playing as well as any QB in the league. If Dak and Moore get back to that level us Cowboy fans will be very happy. Well except for those who appear to have bet their soul to the Devil against Dak being successful.. But those people aint Cowboy fans anyway..

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
We never have significant activity in FA. Gregory left for reasons other than money. Cooper was likely traded at least in part because of his salary but given their current cap, it is obvious their hand was not forced to make the move.
That isn't true. Our significant FA activity had historically been retaining our players. This cycle we didn't even do that.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
At what point do they institute a max deal or a separate cap room for QBs? Think of it how the MLS does contracts under, I believe, what's called the Designated Player rule. This rules states that 3 players get exemptions from the regular roster and cap rules and can be signed for as much as the club wants. Perhaps the league should do that with QBs.
Agree, and I have been saying the same for years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just goes to show you that all of the Prescott hate is meaningless nonsense. It takes a team.
Of course. But there is some reasonable criticism to offer but it’s difficult with all of the homers which can be just as bad as the haters.

Unfortunately it’s leaves little space for a civil discussion in this type of format. And why it’s such a haven for these Trolls.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

JG Sucks.
MM sucks
KM sucks
JJ sucks
SJ sucks
Zeke sucks
O-line sucks.
Mascot sucks
AT&T sucks.

That should cover it. I'd like to see Dak be more consistent with throws, get back to dual threats, read defenses better (see Kurt Warner to get a better breakdown than I can give), start games better, and be more consistent through the game and season. I'd like to see him inspire and lead the team against good teams.

When it comes to our QB there’s really no place for sound civil discussions. At least not in this type of social media environment.

OhReally

Reaction score
well folloing the illogic of a few here last year and as they argue, ...he was second highest paid QB last year and expectations were to be elite. now he is 7th paid (as predicted it would drop) and no longer in elite paid category, should expectations be for not elite level play.

I am sure everyone will say 160M is elite no matter what (moving goal post and changing logic of argument).....

Disclaimer: this doesn't mean I am saying its ok to play bad. this doesn't mean I think he is any good or not good. this doesn't mean I don't expect him to play well. the intent is to only follow up on the logic that was presented by many last year.

So your ok with mediocre play for 40 million. I get it. Your disclaimer just makes it ok for you to talk out both sides.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
THIS a 1000 times. :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Dak and Zeke are top 15 in jersey sales in the NFL...... as long as cowboys are relevant then Jones family is happy. everything else is secondary. that relevance, 12-5 record allowed them to raise ticket prices for 2022.

we have to understand for cowboys its not about building for championships. its about market value and that can come without championships. its branding.
I would imagine that most of the fans buying the merchandise have absolutely zero understanding of the inner dynamics of this FO, and they couldn't tell you the names of the players on this roster as well, other than their favorites.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Of course. But there is some reasonable criticism to offer but it’s difficult with all of the homers which can be just as bad as the haters.

Unfortunately it’s leaves little space for a civil discussion in this type of format. And why it’s such a haven for these Trolls.
I've read very little reasonable criticism from the same dozen trolls. Rational criticism gets ignored unless you blame everything on the QB. If you don't, they're classified as excuses. The diatrible is allowed, probably because it increases "clicks."

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
"I'm pulling for the baby dak, he just sucks." I'm one of his highest supporters, he just sucks.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Who won the games?

Dak or the Dallas Cowboys?

Only Dallas Prescott fans like yourself think that way, but bring up playoff loses, or any loss for that matter, and it's all of a sudden a team game.

I mean its no diferent than you blaming Dak for the losses and the team gets credit for wins....your the same person on the other end.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I mean its no diferent than you blaming Dak for the losses and the team gets credit for wins....your the same person on the other end.
Show me where I say Dak won or lost a game. I know that no single player wins or loses a game, but I also know that as the QB, Dak's play significantly contributes to the W/L of the team.

In fact, I make it a point to not say it that way. I say the Dak lead Cowboys or the Rodgers lead Packers instead.

Dallas Prescott fans like yourself like to use W/Ls as a QB stat, unless of course we're talking about the playoffs or any losses in general.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Imagine being "stuck trying to figure out" if 2021 first 6 games is the "real Dak" over the other 78 game sample size we have from Dak.

Go find me another 6 game stretch like the first 6 games of 2021 in Dak's career. You can't do it. Because it's an anomaly. It's an outlier. It's a mirage.

Do you think Tampa Bay fans are wondering if the first 3 games of 2017 for Ryan Fitzpatrick is the real Ryan Fitzpatrick? When he threw for over 400 yards all 3 games and had 11 TD passes to boot.

No, they're not. Because they're not delusional and willfully blind.

You admittingly are confused at what the real Dak is when we have SIX SEASONS worth of evidence. Instead, you chose to focus on the 6 game outlier that he has NEVER been able to reproduce in his entire career.
He’s played at a high level for the majority of his career. Didn’t you say Carson Wentz played at a high level last year? Dak has played at that level most of his career.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Show me where I say Dak won or lost a game. I know that no single player wins or loses a game, but I also know that as the QB, Dak's play significantly contributes to the W/L of the team.

In fact, I make it a point to not say it that way. I say the Dak lead Cowboys or the Rodgers lead Packers instead.

Dallas Prescott fans like yourself like to use W/Ls as a QB stat, unless of course we're talking about the playoffs or any losses in general.
You’re the biggest Dak fan on this site. 99 percent of your posts are about him….

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He’s played at a high level for the majority of his career. Didn’t you say Carson Wentz played at a high level last year? Dak has played at that level most of his career.
You're still trying to figure out if first 3 games of 2018 Ryan Fitzpatrick is the real Ryan Fitzpatrick or not:lmao2::lmao2:

You are clueless about what you see on Sundays.