Prescott had a much better game than some are giving him credit for

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Does quantity figure in to the QB rating formula?

If a QB threw only one pass over the course of a game, a screen pass to the RB who took in in for a TD, what would his QB rating be?
depends on the yards, but if it were just a 1 yard TD pass that would be a 118 rating.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
10 points through 3 3/4 quarters. The defense giftwrapped us 5 turnovers and as you said, we could not even blow out the lions. That final score is VERY misleading since they should have had a 13-10 lead with 4 minutes left.
They're awfully quiet by the fact that we forced 5 turnovers and only scored 24 points against a team that gives up 34 PPG.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
yea... you understand it all, and the rest of us that think Dak had a VERY avg game against the Lions, we dont know anything.

Give me your great analysis on all the games this weekend, maybe I can make some money.
I always think it's funny when someone post a thread, and people come in not agreeing with them, so they act like they're just more "football smart" then everyone as a defense mechanism.

No, they're not agreeing with you because you're wrong.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
10 points through 3 3/4 quarters. The defense giftwrapped us 5 turnovers and as you said, we could not even blow out the lions. That final score is VERY misleading since they should have had a 13-10 lead with 4 minutes left.

We did blow out the Lions.

This was a run heavy, Zeke featured first half. Zeke was featured in 4 of the 5 drives in the first half. The ONLY drive we scored points was the 3rd drive which featured pollard. His first 3 runs went for 6 yards each which got the offense rolling and the chains moving.

If we continue to feature Zeke early in games and in the run game the Cowboys offense will continue to be slow and plodding and be prone to starting slowly.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We did blow out the Lions.

This was a run heavy, Zeke featured first half. Zeke was featured in 4 of the 5 drives in the first half. The ONLY drive we scored points was the 3rd drive which featured pollard. His first 3 runs went for 6 yards each which got the offense rolling and the chains moving.

If we continue to feature Zeke early in games and in the run game the Cowboys offense will continue to be slow and plodding and be prone to starting slowly.
We can do what you described with a much more cap friendly QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
yea... you understand it all, and the rest of us that think Dak had a VERY avg game against the Lions, we dont know anything.

Give me your great analysis on all the games this weekend, maybe I can make some money.

For dak this was under average as far as yards and effect. But he did what they asked him to do and did that well. This game was again won by the defense.

The spread this week for the Cowboys of -7 was easy easy money. Made some good money on that one. If you want some help, let me know.

Ken

Reaction score
We had 10 points through 3 quarters against the worst defense in the NFL.

We forced 5 turnovers and still scored 10 points under what the Lions were allowing PPG wise this season.

We averaged 21 PPG with Rush. We're averaging 13.5 PPG with Dak.

Dak, in 7 1/2 quarters has 1 TD.

The Cowboys are not getting their money's worth as of right now today and even the Dak homers should expect better than this.
So close to being able to say 8 quarters too! Dang it!

BTW....they are last in large part because they can't stop the run. While we ended up with 139 rush yards...it was a struggle in the first half.

Is Dak supposed to check out of runs on 3rd down now? I mean...you have been beating the drum that he was doing that bc he can't read defenses or some mumbo jumbo...we missed on 3 3rd downs at least with failed runs.

DAKS FAULT.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Many talk shows said Dak didn't do anything to lose the game. This is comical in that he should have been picked off at least two times, let alone the over throw on the 1st play of the game. He did make a couple of open field hits to Lamb, etc, but this is not proof that he wasn't as bad as we think he was. He made the same bone headed throws into triple coverage he has been doing for almost two years, and I prefer to look at that stat instead of the QBR garbage going around the league.

Now, I will 100% grant his play on rust, and getting the physical healt part of his thumb up to health...however, my confidence level with the mental part of his game grants no excuses and is a major cause of concern still and he will be the first to admit it. Man, how many times has he even done as much as say he has to be better......as far as a blow out? C'mon, everybody who knows football better than you and I have said the score didn't indicate the wide margin of play favouring Dallas

Verdict

Reaction score
I have said it before and I’ll say it again. I’m pro Dak and he is better than Rush. I hope we win a SB with Dak. But I am doubtful about that.

But Dak didn’t play very well this past week, against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. He will need to play much better than he did this past week if we are to avoid another disappointing season.

I don’t think Dak has the mental makeup to get it done. Based on past history, the smart money is betting against Dak. But we can all cross our fingers and hope for the best.

I would be scouring the next draft for our next QB either way, as I don’t think Rush is the next great Cowboys QB.

Ken

Reaction score
Thanks. That is what I thought.

QB rating is nice but it certainly doesn't tell the whole story
Neither does 10 points thru 3 quarters being DAKS FAULT.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It’s when he tries to do to much and he and or Moore tries to get greedy. Instead of running the ball and short passes to control the clock and move the ball. Wearing teams down and play action and taking deeper shots later they try to go deep early and often, end up in 3rd and longs and kill drives.

I was upset when the first play of the game was a pass. Then I saw lions fall for it and Dak over threw a wide open WR that was 10 yards away. That was a early big play. Even Romo said there was nobody around for miles. Other than that he did pretty good.

Ken

Reaction score
Many talk shows said Dak didn't do anything to lose the game. This is comical in that he should have been picked off at least two times, let alone the over throw on the 1st play of the game. He did make a couple of open field hits to Lamb, etc, but this is not proof that he wasn't as bad as we think he was. He made the same bone headed throws into triple coverage he has been doing for almost two years, and I prefer to look at that stat instead of the QBR garbage going around the league.

Now, I will 100% grant his play on rust, and getting the physical healt part of his thumb up to health...however, my confidence level with the mental part of his game grants no excuses and is a major cause of concern still and he will be the first to admit it. Man, how many times has he even done as much as say he has to be better......as far as a blow out? C'mon, everybody who knows football better than you and I have said the score didn't indicate the wide margin of play favouring Dallas
If IFs and BUTs were candy and nuts...everyday would be Christmas.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So close to being able to say 8 quarters too! Dang it!

BTW....they are last in large part because they can't stop the run. While we ended up with 139 rush yards...it was a struggle in the first half.

Is Dak supposed to check out of runs on 3rd down now? I mean...you have been beating the drum that he was doing that bc he can't read defenses or some mumbo jumbo...we missed on 3 3rd downs at least with failed runs.

DAKS FAULT.
Dak is supposed to look head and shoulders better than Rush.

That's all I'm asking.

2022 Rush has looked better than 2022 Dak.

Maybe that changes in a few weeks, but right now today, it don't.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak is supposed to look head and shoulders better than Rush.

That's all I'm asking.

2022 Rush has looked better than 2022 Dak.

Maybe that changes in a few weeks, but right now today, it don't.
I'm not going to disagree with that. The case can certainly be made.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

"He didn't do anything to lose the game", is the "She has a great personality" of the football world.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
For being rusty, the man didn't turn the ball over once. Yet some still had to whine about a few passes that were off & not giving credit for the ones that were perfect!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Does quantity figure in to the QB rating formula?

If a QB threw only one pass over the course of a game, a screen pass to the RB who took in in for a TD, what would his QB rating be?

No

Proof

Reaction score
We had 10 points through 3 quarters against the worst defense in the NFL.

We forced 5 turnovers and still scored 10 points under what the Lions were allowing PPG wise this season.

We averaged 21 PPG with Rush. We're averaging 13.5 PPG with Dak.

Dak, in 7 1/2 quarters has 1 TD.

The Cowboys are not getting their money's worth as of right now today and even the Dak homers should expect better than this.

Can't argue with this at all (and trust me I want to lol)