Prescott had a much better game than some are giving him credit for

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We had 10 points through 3 quarters against the worst defense in the NFL.
We forced 5 turnovers and still scored 10 points under what the Lions were allowing PPG wise this season.
We averaged 21 PPG with Rush. We're averaging 13.5 PPG with Dak.

Dak, in 7 1/2 quarters has 1 TD.
The Cowboys are not getting their money's worth as of right now today and even the Dak homers should expect better than this.

Ah yet there it is again. Do you have this in your clipboard pasting it in every thread?
I guess rushing TD's inside the 5 does not matter...you yet to answer that question.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
24-6 is not a blow out, especially when the score was 10-6 with 2:46 remaining in the game

Looks like you were bad at math too eh? LOL

18 point win is a blowout. You can say it was close until late, but its still a blowout. My god man, you don't even know what a blowout is? You just cant seem to get out of your won way. LOL

Redline360

Reaction score
It was what I expected coming off his injury. However 10 points in three quarters is typical of Daks slow starts. Throw in 5 turnovers the game should have been a blow out. Looked better in the 4th

5 turnovers and only 24 points against the worst defense in the nfl is honestly fn terrible if you ask me.

Last edited:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Prior to his final pass, the touchdown to rookie TE Peyton Hendershot, Prescott had a 100.8 passer rating. The score bumped his rating to 113.2.

113.2 is the best passer rating by a Cowboys QB all season.

Rush’s season high was 107.5 in the Week 4 win over Washington. It was his only rating above 100 the entire season.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-prescott-advanced-stats-week-7/

So what you are in essence saying by using the quarterback rating is that Rush played just as well against Washington as Dak did vs. Detroit (5 defensive turnovers and 5 sacks) ? So why were people discrediting Rush by saying he sucks and the defense (2 defensive turnovers and 2 sacks) and running game (62 yards rushing all game) won the game while Rush didn't have an impact on the game (Dallas went up 22-10 with 14:54 left in the 4th after Rush's second TD pass), especially taking into account Detroit had the 31st ranked defense and Washington the 13th?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Not when you throw the ball at least 25 times. Guys like you simply search for any kind of problem because you are a troll.

Had this been Rush you would be blessing him up and down hailing him as better for the team than Dak. I heard you do it for 5 weeks prior.
You never heard me say Rush was better for the team than Dak so stop trolling with that BS.

Guys like you search for anything to justify what your little hearts want to believe, and ignore the things you need to ignore.

Dak's very conservative style has been discussed since day 1. That sort of style will lead to nice numbers in the QB rating. It will even be a plus when you're getting over a 100 yards from the rushing game, the defense gets you 5 turnovers and keeps the score under ten points.

When it comes time to step up and make something happen, that conservative mindset and those nice rating numbers it can generate don't mean squat.

We just played the worst defense in the league and benefited from 5 takeways. A "top 10" QB better damn well have some nice rating numbers in that scenario.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
10-6 with 2:46 minutes to go in the game with your hero Dak as the QB agaisnt the worst Defense in the league. And if we are going to live in the past, give me Aikman in 93, that has about as much bearing on this year as Dak in 2020 or 2021, which is to say, it has NONE.

LOL...............you dont like it because it blows your BS right out of the water.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
:lmao::facepalm:

Says a guy that he and his fellow haters always making threads to discredit him without facts.
At least there are facts to show why he is a good QB.

So do you FEEL COMPELLED to derail the thread as usual with just ... well ...nothing ....

Isn't name calling and baiting a rules violation? Just asking for a friend.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao2:

At all the ...worst defense in the league ...comments...always some goal post moving, heck you all do not even have goal posts anymore. Just make up anything to discredit Dak.
Well they did change up their defense, and it took a little while to get it figured out and make adjustments, plus Dak getting some rust knocked off.

Dak did say, he got a bit too aggressive with some of his throws. As the thumb felt really good. He won't make those again, will take what is there.
It happens.

Anyone see last nights game. After Zappe's 1st 2 passes, they kept trying them, until they didn't work. Then fumbled, threw picks. At least Dallas and Dak settle it all down in the 4th quarter.
But that makes too much sense for many of you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So what you are in essence saying by using the quarterback rating is that Rush played just as well against Washington as Dak did vs. Detroit (5 defensive turnovers and 5 sacks) ? So why were people discrediting Rush by saying he sucks and the defense (2 defensive turnovers and 2 sacks) and running game (62 yards rushing all game) won the game while Rush didn't have an impact on the game (Dallas went up 22-10 with 14:54 left in the 4th after Rush's second TD pass), especially taking into account Detroit had the 31st ranked defense and Washington the 13th?

I said nothing about QB rating. I posted an article. You would have to ask those people about what they are saying.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Looks like you were bad at math too eh? LOL

18 point win is a blowout. You can say it was close until late, but its still a blowout. My god man, you don't even know what a blowout is? You just cant seem to get out of your won way. LOL

"It occurs when one athletic team or individual performer outscores another by a large margin or in such a fashion that allows the second team or individual little chance of a victory from a point early in a competition, game, contest or event"

Take specific notice of the word "EARLY" in this definition of a blowout....but you and yours have an agenda so this will do nothing to educate you.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Nothing level headed about saying Dak played poorly. You didnt read or are incapable of level 1 comprehension. No, based on your analysis you are going to hate me. I can almost guarantee it.
Dude you literally posted an article comparing Rush to Dak......Dak playing better than his backup isn't an argument that he is a flawless qb who shouldn't endure even an ounce of blame for an overall poor offensive day.

leeblair

Reaction score
Prior to his final pass, the touchdown to rookie TE Peyton Hendershot, Prescott had a 100.8 passer rating. The score bumped his rating to 113.2.

113.2 is the best passer rating by a Cowboys QB all season.

Rush’s season high was 107.5 in the Week 4 win over Washington. It was his only rating above 100 the entire season.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-prescott-advanced-stats-week-7/
Yep. Prescott padded his stats in garbage time- as usual.
We've been saying this already. You say it like it makes a difference.
Stats don't matter. They can be arranged to support any position, which is why Dak fans love to post stats.
Let me introduce you to the one category that real coaches pay attention to: it's called Intangibles.
The reality is that if the Lions hadn't fumbled at the goal line and had taken the lead, they probably don't collapse, Dallas probably doesn't score those added points, and the Cowboys lose.
That's called Intangibles. The "human" factor. They help explain what really happened.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Could you NOT see the difference in the way Dak throws the ball vs Rush? The velocity, the accuracy? The ability to make all the throws and take advantage of EVERY part of the field with Dak? Night and day. Just like watching Pollard and Zeke is night and day.
My comment was specific to the assertion that Dak was being unfairly criticized for throwing 'almost interceptions'. I pointed out that the same thing was done to Rush.

Your reply is completely irrelevant to that point.

Why you got to troll like that?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I said nothing about QB rating. I posted an article. You would have to ask those people about what they are saying.

My apologies, you are correct. You used passer rating to show Dak played well instead of QBR, which Dak had a QBR of 55.0 for the game (with the AVERAGE performance being 50.0).

Again, my apologies and move forward with your agenda.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
LOL...............you dont like it because it blows your BS right out of the water.

What BS? That the cowboys are a better team if they don't ask Dak to do much? I think everyone in the world (except a few idiots that slobber over Dak 24/7) agrees, Run the ball, Play good D and Special Teams is the best formula for success for this team. Dak airing it out 40 times a game is exactly what this does not need. 25-30 passes a game, Run 40 plus times a game. That is how this team will have success.