Prescott had a much better game than some are giving him credit for

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
A Caveman can see the night & day difference between the 2 QBs. Rush hits the 1st read and can't threaten w/ an RPO. Dak can. He also made throws that Rush cannot. Simple.
The defense making turnovers & sacks was the majority of why we won, but Dak improved from the beginning to the end.
Anyone seriously suggesting there's no difference between the two has an alarmingly low football IQ.
But, it's great to have team wins with our back & starter. That's literally the entire point of the game.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
10 points through 3 3/4 quarters. The defense giftwrapped us 5 turnovers and as you said, we could not even blow out the lions. That final score is VERY misleading since they should have had a 13-10 lead with 4 minutes left.

*** are you talking about they should have had a 13-10 lead? Dallas should have had a 14-6 lead going into half if you want to play what if. They should have gone for it on 4th and 1 at the Detroit 3 and Noah Brown shouldn't have fumbled at the goal line. Furthermore, 2 of the 5 turnovers came in garbage time and in no way influenced the game.

I've soured on Dak in many ways but those of you pushing the narrative that he was on par with Rush against Detroit are just trying to fit your narratives and aren't being objective. Dak made 3 bad throws in the first half (first overthrow to Brown, then the two into double coverage). That's it. Other than that, the offenses bad showing was due to some lapses in o-line play and most of all terrible third down play calling by Kellen. It's just truly baffling the number (well, it's like 10 adamant posters but still) of posters who try to make mountains out of molehills to suit their narrative. Blast Dak when he loses a game because of his own dumb mistakes, or when he falls on his face like he did against SF. Not when he wins his first game after injury against a hungry team coming off a bye who went toe to toe with the Eagles and Vikings.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
For being rusty, the man didn't turn the ball over once. Yet some still had to whine about a few passes that were off & not giving credit for the ones that were perfect!
They count INTs that never happened. Desperation.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am all for using Dak the way he was used on Sunday. Actually the less we ask him to do the better. Sucks we are paying him 40 m a year for something a QB like Rush can do at 1 m a year but whatever works. 25-30 passes a game should be his target number, run 40 times a game and convert 3rd down via pass when needed. Let the actual good players on the OL, RB, D and Special Teams win the games, HIDE DAK as much as possible and we will have a great year.

You like nail biters late into the game against weak opponents and offensive inconsistency like Rush? LOL

Nah, Ill take more of a Dak featured offense where Dak is leading the #1 scoring offense in football.

Why would you hide the QB with the #1 scoring average in the NFL since 2020? Maybe because you are a sad troll that cant handle Dak making you look silly? Sounds about right.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak didn't play very well Sunday, but he played good enough for this team to get a W. I think that is OK though because what really matters isn't what happened against Detroit, but what Dak does the rest of the year.

The guy has the talent, and we have seen him capable of so much more. To lower the bar to say what we saw Sunday is acceptable from Dak week in and week out doesnt help anyone.

Not saying Dak needs to be the guy who throws 40 times a game for 350 yards either. What I consider a success is when we see a QB who can consistently get first downs, and have drives that end with kicks.

What we saw Sunday was an offense that struggled the 1st half of the game, and succeeded off the backs of a defense that got 5 turnovers on the day.

Granted Dak didn't turn the ball over, it was ugly for most of the game where every 1st down felt like a struggle. Despite 5 turnover and 5 sacks this team still lost the time of possession battle yet again.

Is that all on Dak? absolutely not, but he didn't elevate this team over what Cooper Rush brought to the table either. I think that is OK as Dak deserves more than a game back before we judge him one way or the other. I just dont think looking at a QB rating which we all know is an imperfect stat and trying to justify that Dak had this fantastic game helps anything. Dak did nothing to lose the game on Sunday, and made some plays toward the end to help solidify the win.

Let's see what he can do the next few weeks. Dak is capable of more and we shouldnt dumb down the expectations after a win.

Actually he did. That was the point of the whole article with all the facts. They laid it out really nicely so that guys like you would even understand it. Poor guy.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
"He didn't do anything to lose the game", is the "She has a great personality" of the football world.
problem is he 100% did things to lose the game, he's luckily the team it was against was the who has been rebuilding for the last 50 years

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
*** are you talking about they should have had a 13-10 lead? Dallas should have had a 14-6 lead going into half if you want to play what if. They should have gone for it on 4th and 1 at the Detroit 3 and Noah Brown shouldn't have fumbled at the goal line. Furthermore, 2 of the 5 turnovers came in garbage time and in no way influenced the game.

I've soured on Dak in many ways but those of you pushing the narrative that he was on par with Rush against Detroit are just trying to fit your narratives and aren't being objective. Dak made 3 bad throws in the first half (first overthrow to Brown, then the two into double coverage). That's it. Other than that, the offenses bad showing was due to some lapses in o-line play and most of all terrible third down play calling by Kellen. It's just truly baffling the number (well, it's like 10 adamant posters but still) of posters who try to make mountains out of molehills to suit their narrative. Blast Dak when he loses a game because of his own dumb mistakes, or when he falls on his face like he did against SF. Not when he wins his first game after injury against a hungry team coming off a bye who went toe to toe with the Eagles and Vikings.

That throw to Brown hit him right in both hands. Should have been caught. That one throw to Lamb wasnt double coverage and the throw was right on the money. This was covered in the Dak video analysis. Gallup ran too shallow of a route not hold the safety. This allowed the safety to get a jump on the throw to Lamb. Gallup runs the right route and its probably a Lamb TD.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And therein lies the problem.

Not when you throw the ball at least 25 times. Guys like you simply search for any kind of problem because you are a troll.

Had this been Rush you would be blessing him up and down hailing him as better for the team than Dak. I heard you do it for 5 weeks prior.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude, you guys did the same thing to Rush.

Come on now....

Could you NOT see the difference in the way Dak throws the ball vs Rush? The velocity, the accuracy? The ability to make all the throws and take advantage of EVERY part of the field with Dak? Night and day. Just like watching Pollard and Zeke is night and day.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Actually he did. That was the point of the whole article with all the facts. They laid it out really nicely so that guys like you would even understand it. Poor guy.
Wow ok....I try to have a serious level headed discussion and you choose to be insulting. I see why you aren't very well liked around here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
BS, stop making things up. I never did. I supported Rush from start to finish. You clowns lump everyone together.

All anyone said about Rush was that the Defense was the reason we won those games and Rush was simply driving the bus. Which is EXACTLY what happened this week with Dak.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wow ok....I try to have a serious level headed discussion and you choose to be insulting. I see why you aren't very well liked around here.

Nothing level headed about saying Dak played poorly. You didnt read or are incapable of level 1 comprehension. No, based on your analysis you are going to hate me. I can almost guarantee it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
All anyone said about Rush was that the Defense was the reason we won those games and Rush was simply driving the bus. Which is EXACTLY what happened this week with Dak.
Trolls.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
We did blow out the Lions.

This was a run heavy, Zeke featured first half. Zeke was featured in 4 of the 5 drives in the first half. The ONLY drive we scored points was the 3rd drive which featured pollard. His first 3 runs went for 6 yards each which got the offense rolling and the chains moving.

If we continue to feature Zeke early in games and in the run game the Cowboys offense will continue to be slow and plodding and be prone to starting slowly.

24-6 is not a blow out, especially when the score was 10-6 with 2:46 remaining in the game

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By all means keep them coming you'll convince yourselves everything's OK.
Dak and the defense played good enough to beat the lions.
He'll need to do a heck of a lot better to beat the Bears, another bad team.
There's no way if Dak plays the way he's played the last 3 games we do anything in the playoffs, or maybe even get there.
Or Rush

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People who truly doubt there “leader” will continue to prop him up with these lame threads.

fans who truly believe in their guy don’t feel compelled to do so.

we find it amusing at best

:lmao::facepalm:

Says a guy that he and his fellow haters always making threads to discredit him without facts.
At least there are facts to show why he is a good QB.

So do you FEEL COMPELLED to derail the thread as usual with just ... well ...nothing ....

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
You like nail biters late into the game against weak opponents and offensive inconsistency like Rush? LOL

Nah, Ill take more of a Dak featured offense where Dak is leading the #1 scoring offense in football.

Why would you hide the QB with the #1 scoring average in the NFL since 2020? Maybe because you are a sad troll that cant handle Dak making you look silly? Sounds about right.

10-6 with 2:46 minutes to go in the game with your hero Dak as the QB agaisnt the worst Defense in the league. And if we are going to live in the past, give me Aikman in 93, that has about as much bearing on this year as Dak in 2020 or 2021, which is to say, it has NONE.