Prescott has all the leverage to ask for at least $60M per year

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
In other words. You're arguing.

You're always arguing, which is why I couldn't pass up the softballs you just lobbed over the plate. You of all people chastising someone for arguing. lol
He's the biggest hypocrite here, and he isn't giving up his title belt any time soon.

stiletto

Reaction score
I don’t think he’ll get $60M but he’ll top Burrow and Lawrence. Somewhere in the $56-$57M range.
Hopefully from New Orleans or someone else dumb enough to pay him that....not the Cowboys.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In other words. You're arguing.

You're always arguing, which is why I couldn't pass up the softballs you just lobbed over the plate. You of all people chastising someone for arguing. lol
I never start one....when someone goes of on a stupid rant, I react. If they can do it, why can't I?
You call me out and get butt hurt when I call you out...thin skin

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Well, he very specifically said he doesn't play the game for money so if "that" is true I'm sure there are some teams that would like to talk with him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully from New Orleans or someone else dumb enough to pay him that....not the Cowboys.
He deserves more than Lawrence who has a losing record and isn’t even very productive. It was dumb for him to get paid what he did. If Dak had his W/L record and numbers I would be moving on and wouldn’t have to think about it.

stiletto

Reaction score
He deserves more than Lawrence who has a losing record and isn’t even very productive. It was dumb for him to get paid what he did.
We don't have to be dumb like the Jaquars or Falcons...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Who cares if Dak walks away without any compensation? That is some weak-*** leverage if any at all. Also, I didn’t give those examples as conspiracy fodder. I gave them as examples that leverage is an illusion when you’re the employee. No company has to hire you at all, especially for lucrative and high demand/low supply positions. Unless you are phenomenally distinguished, there are plenty of people out there who can do the same thing.
Dak has all the leverage.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dak-prescott-contract-extension-leverage-over-cowboys-nfl-agent

https://www.on3.com/pro/news/adam-s...the-player-with-the-most-leverage-in-the-nfl/

https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/dak-prescott-jared-goff-contract-implications-nfl-news/

https://sports.yahoo.com/remember-w...whos-in-control-now-at-cowboys-194406989.html

https://www.the33rdteam.com/why-dak-prescott-has-major-leverage-in-cowboys-extension-negotiations/

https://fb.watch/sMqQ6fRV2F/?startTimeMs=3000

Seems like the entire world believes Dak has all the leverage except for the Sultan. :laugh:

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
He may as well and just round out his career as another pathetic lost decade for the Cowboys.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We don't have to be dumb like the Jaquars or Falcons...
We have a better QB than they do. If we move on from Dak we’ll be stuck scrambling to find a solid replacement. The Jags paid Lawrence because there isn’t anyone they can get that’s better. This is one big reason QBs are getting paid so much money. There’s very few good ones. We’ve seen teams move on from good QB and it hasn’t turned out well for them. We happen to have a real good one.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think there are plenty of guys that could get the Cowboys to the Wild Card round and puke it away for WAY cheaper than Dak costs....
I notice more people starting to say this. I said this going back months. We could probably eek into the playoffs with a lot of QBs.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Just referring to articles written by whoever doesn't make them anymore right than someone else. Just saying more people believe such and such therefore it’s true, doesn’t make it true: that’s an argumentum ad numerum, a logical fallacy. I gave my arguments for why he doesn’t.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He deserves more than Lawrence who has a losing record and isn’t even very productive. It was dumb for him to get paid what he did. If Dak had his W/L record and numbers I would be moving on and wouldn’t have to think about it.
There are fans on the board and in the media that would trade Dak and a future 1st round pick for Lawrence and that new contract. 1st pick pedigree hides lots of warts. Cowturd and company still think Lawrence is a top 5 quarterback.

stiletto

Reaction score
We have a better QB than they do. If we move on from Dak we’ll be stuck scrambling to find a solid replacement. The Jags paid Lawrence because there isn’t anyone they can get that’s better. This is one big reason QBs are getting paid so much money. There’s very few good ones. We’ve seen teams move on from good QB and it hasn’t turned out well for them. We happen to have a real good one.
Better at winning playoff games? This is Lawrence's first re-up right? I understand that, he has a lot to live up to and he was a 1st pick in the draft plus he's only 24. Giving a 30+ year old Dak with a proven track record for failure come playoff time, a richer more expensive deal doesn't seem wise to me. Matter of fact it might be as dumb as you can get.

stiletto

Reaction score
I notice more people starting to say this. I said this going back months. We could probably eek into the playoffs with a lot of QBs.
Eek-in with 4 upgraded other starters for the price Dak is demanding. It's really not making much sense to continue paying Dak. Proven record of failure come playoffs. Why keep paying premium prices for that? Only because of regular season stats?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I never start one....when someone goes of on a stupid rant, I react. If they can do it, why can't I?
You call me out and get butt hurt when I call you out...thin skin
You just don't seem to get it. The only reason you're reading this response is because you just have to argue. All fine and good. There are a lot of people here who like to argue. It's literally the lifeblood of the forum. The only reason you and I are arguing right here is because you very hypocritically called someone out for arguing and I just couldn't let it go (my bad) simply because you are as guilty as anyone. You are always ragging on posters in ways that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Did I say always? I meant ALWAYS. lol

I didn't say you couldn't do it. That's actually a very interesting comment and possibly opens a window to the difference between you and I. I have no illusions that I have either the power or authority to modify anyone's behavior here, while you spend 90% of your time trying to modify peoples behavior here.

Come on bud. You're a smart guy. I'm sure if you just thought about the irony of me being able to use the exact words against you, twice, that you just used against another. and then noticed how you chose to react..... well... you just might start to see what's being said.

You just might be that which you seem to hate.

I've always wondered why you contribute next to nothing football related. I think I heard somewhere you used to coach?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I have to believe that if Dak goes into the season without a new deal his agent will change the contract demands to reflect the projected cap in 2025. Then you're probably looking at $65M+
I have to believe if you sense it, Stephen and Jerry KNOW it's very possible and are planning accordingly. This is why I have recently changed my stance on this to a strong possibility this could his last season as a Cowboy regardless of what happens. The way I now see it......if he has an average to a bad season, he will get more on the market than Jerry is willing to pay. If he has a career-type season he will price himself way out of their range or what they are willing to pay.