Prescott has all the leverage to ask for at least $60M per year

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There are fans on the board and in the media that would trade Dak and a future 1st round pick for Lawrence and that new contract. 1st pick pedigree hides lots of warts. Cowturd and company still think Lawrence is a top 5 quarterback.
Not sure anyone in the media would do that, but you have a bunch of stupid fans that would.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There is this thing called the NFL Draft.
The NFL draft is a crapshoot, especially drafting QBs. Someone posted a list of all the QBs drafted the past 20 years and only about 17 became franchise QB and Dak was one of them. Of the QBs that were drafted since he was drafted in 2016, only Mahomes has won a Super Bowl.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You just don't seem to get it. The only reason you're reading this response is because you just have to argue. All fine and good. There are a lot of people here who like to argue. It's literally the lifeblood of the forum. The only reason you and I are arguing right here is because you very hypocritically called someone out for arguing and I just couldn't let it go (my bad) simply because you are as guilty as anyone. You are always ragging on posters in ways that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Did I say always? I meant ALWAYS. lol

I didn't say you couldn't do it. That's actually a very interesting comment and possibly opens a window to the difference between you and I. I have no illusions that I have either the power or authority to modify anyone's behavior here, while you spend 90% of your time trying to modify peoples behavior here.

Come on bud. You're a smart guy. I'm sure if you just thought about the irony of me being able to use the exact words against you, twice, that you just used against another. and then noticed how you chose to react..... well... you just might start to see what's being said.

You just might be that which you seem to hate.

I've always wondered why you contribute next to nothing football related. I think I heard somewhere you used to coach?
I used to talk football, but got called out for just being a HS coach by some fools that probably never even played. So, thus is what I do now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Better at winning playoff games? This is Lawrence's first re-up right? I understand that, he has a lot to live up to and he was a 1st pick in the draft plus he's only 24. Giving a 30+ year old Dak with a proven track record for failure come playoff time, a richer more expensive deal doesn't seem wise to me. Matter of fact it might be as dumb as you can get.
He’s won more playoff games than Lawrence. Lawrence only has 58 career TD passes. His numbers in 2023 regressed in almost every category from 2022. He has a career 85.0 passer rating. Had he been drafted later in the first round or after the first round no way does he get that contract. He’s been average.

DakotaReign

JaBoy
Reaction score
........so Mahomes makes less than him. Already has 3 Golden Tickets.

My take. He wants $65 mill? Earn it. No stats! ..............give us some play trinkets.
Earn it…. But stats don’t count?

Lol man this is crazy to watch in real life.

stiletto

Reaction score
He’s won more playoff games than Lawrence. Lawrence only has 58 career TD passes. His numbers in 2023 regressed in almost every category from 2022. He has a career 85.0 passer rating. Had he been drafted later in the first round or after the first round no way does he get that contract.
Lawrence is 6 years younger than Dak and his team is just now being built to compete. I'm not saying the Jags gave him a good contract. He certainly hasn't proven he's worthy of that. That's why I said it was dumb but it's also more understandable than paying Dak a 2nd huge contract when he's proven over and over he can't get it done in the post season. At least Lawrence only lost to probably the greatest QB to ever play. Dak lost to a Jordan Love manned team in his 8th year. Sad.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
LOL.. Dak is in year 9... When he was like Trevor Lawrence, without Amari Cooper, it was worse than Quincy Carter in Dallas...
LOL...let's not get carried away here. NOTHING was worse than Quimphy. NOTHING.

Give me Gary Hogeboom, Rodney Peete and Chad Hutchinson...throw in Drew Henson.

Reason: None of those guys got the key to the Maserati...Quimphy did. And he crashed out.

"Nothing is going to make me lose confidence in myself or this arm..." - Quimphy.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Lawrence is 6 years younger than Dak and his team is just now being built to compete. I'm not saying the Jags gave him a good contract. He certainly hasn't proven he's worthy of that. That's why I said it was dumb but it's also more understandable than paying Dak a 2nd huge contract when he's proven over and over he can't get it done in the post season. At least Lawrence only lost to probably the greatest QB to ever play. Dak lost to a Jordan Love manned team in his 8th year. Sad.
Xactly. Lawrence..there's hope. He could be Joel Embiid...injured a lot early, but still talented. So do you get rid of him or sign him? The Sixers signed and net-net they won. Other times, you let the guy go and regret.

In this case, Lawrence's upside makes the gamble worth it. Dak HAS PEAKED. Why is this hard for people to grasp? The coaster is going to start going DOWNHILL soon.

JayFord

Reaction score
$60 million?

That's just ludicrous....and I like Dak but let's be real

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak beat the greatest QB to ever play the game in the playoffs on the road. He also beat Russell Wilson in the playoffs when he was still a great QB. He lost to Jordan Love mainly because our defense was TRASH! Trevor Lawrence isn’t that good and if it wasn’t for his number one overall draft status and all the hype he had coming out of college he wouldn’t have gotten the big contract. He’s shown flashes and Jacksonville is banking that he’ll turn the corner. All I know is his numbers regressed last season and his team missed the playoffs after making the playoffs the previous year. No one would think much of him if he didn’t have all that hype coming out of college.

stiletto

Reaction score
Xactly. Lawrence..there's hope. He could be Joel Embiid...injured a lot early, but still talented. So do you get rid of him or sign him? The Sixers signed and net-net they won. Other times, you let the guy go and regret.

In this case, Lawrence's upside makes the gamble worth it. Dak HAS PEAKED. Why is this hard for people to grasp? The coaster is going to start going DOWNHILL soon.
PTSD from the period after Aikman? I DO get it but it's a different time, seems like teams are having more success with QB's as rookies. I think what Minny did is the way to go quite honestly. Let the high priced guy walk and try to find someone who might actually do something different when the lights get bright. It might work out, it might not but everyone already knows what they get with Cousins/Dak. They were given tons of chances to change the narrative. They are what they are.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
PTSD from the period after Aikman? I DO get it but it's a different time, seems like teams are having more success with QB's as rookies. I think what Minny did is the way to go quite honestly. Let the high priced guy walk and try to find someone who might actually do something different when the lights get bright. It might work out, it might not but everyone already knows what they get with Cousins/Dak. They were given tons of chances to change the narrative. They are what they are.
Remember Pierdon talking about Romo's muscle memory? Don't know if you were around when that poster was talking about Romo and his propensity for turnovers. It sounded pseudo-sciency and I can't say I'm doing his argument justice, but he basically said that Romo would forever be haunted by turnovers and untimely interceptions...it's a mind/muscle connection is the way he put it. Well, I think there's a kernel of a point here...at some point...you are what you are as you said. And Dak - in big games- is a big ball of nerves. When experts are doing their thing - shooting, flying, hitting a baseball, shooting a free throw - they get CALM. It's a rep they have done hundreds of thousands of times. Of course they feel pressure, but not the same pressure as someone who has NO mind/body reps at that point. His point is that - in those moments - he is prone to lose the calm and forget all his training.

Who does THAT sound like? Rayne Dakota. He's done a ton of work on his drop, release, throwing motion, etc...and yet....in those pressure moments...

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Dak beat the greatest QB to ever play the game in the playoffs on the road. He also beat Russell Wilson in the playoffs when he was still a great QB. He lost to Jordan Love mainly because our defense was TRASH! Trevor Lawrence isn’t that good and if it wasn’t for his number one overall draft status and all the hype he had coming out of college he wouldn’t have gotten the big contract. He’s shown flashes and Jacksonville is banking that he’ll turn the corner. All I know is his numbers regressed last season and his team missed the playoffs after making the playoffs the previous year. No one would think much of him if he didn’t have all that hype coming out of college.
Is that your headline? Seriously?

stiletto

Reaction score
Remember Pierdon talking about Romo's muscle memory? Don't know if you were around when that poster was talking about Romo and his propensity for turnovers. It sounded pseudo-sciency and I can't say I'm doing his argument justice, but he basically said that Romo would forever be haunted by turnovers and untimely interceptions...it's a mind/muscle connection is the way he put it. Well, I think there's a kernel of a point here...at some point...you are what you are as you said. And Dak - in big games- is a big ball of nerves. When experts are doing their thing - shooting, flying, hitting a baseball, shooting a free throw - they get CALM. It's a rep they have done hundreds of thousands of times. Of course they feel pressure, but not the same pressure as someone who has NO mind/body reps at that point. His point is that - in those moments - he is prone to lose the calm and forget all his training.

Who does THAT sound like? Rayne Dakota. He's done a ton of work on his drop, release, throwing motion, etc...and yet....in those pressure moments...
I remember that very well and I have to agree now. It seemed like pessimism back then but I think you can see how guys are gonna be in those big games quite fast if you think about it. I am willing to give a guy a couple mulligans, like when they lost to Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs (had to make an all time amazing throw to beat us) but the way he's looked against the 49ers 2x and the GB game, I don't see how anyone can feel comfortable giving him a 2nd huge contract.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
There are 31 other ownership groups in the NFL “with the power and money to pay for“ his services.
And it requires one of them to give him what he wants.

The one asking the rich man for money is not the one with the leverage.

The town drunk begging people for money doesn't have leverage over them.

I guess common sense isn't so common.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Is that your headline? Seriously?
Yes, and let’s see you prove me wrong. :thumbup: Brady was 7-0 against the Cowboys until that playoff game. That was the Cowboys first playoff win on the road in almost 30 years.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
How can you have leverage when the other side really hasn’t shown any interest in getting a deal done? Wouldn’t that negate someone’s leverage?

Sounds like some agent(s) are running PR to get a deal done.