Prescott: Late & Close

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The Cowboys are ranked 25th in passing in the NFL

That’s the stat that counts. Not this “ late and close” that is Cherry picked to prop up an agenda
Does is having the leading rusher have any impact on our passing ranking?

You’re the first to say crunch time doesn’t matter. Remember Robert Horry? They called him Big Shot Bob. Pretty sure it was because of his excellent stats accrued throughout the game.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It’s exactly what happened. Late and close is utter BS and is almost as laughable as the idea that Dak is clutch. Dak is anti-clutch.
Can any Dak slobberer point me to the video of Dak leading the team on an 88 yard drive with 1:40 to go, no timeouts, no time to run or dink and dunk, Joe Montana style? You know what people really think of as clutch and not some phony tie game with 13 minutes left in the fourth quarter?
I’ll wait right here for the video.
Man, that’s truly a dumb post.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need rational and intelligent beings around here to undercut the willful ignorance and blind stupidity of the herd.

lol..as yourself we presume ...amazing simply amazing .......:banghead:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That’s the stat that counts. Not this “ late and close” that is Cherry picked to prop up an agenda

The Dak-Zoids don't like the above stat....give them Dak-like stats .....25th and it aint gonna get any better with Noodles at the helm....

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
That's oddly specific and very narrow to fit that criteria. He drove down the field with under 2 minutes in the Falcons game. The Lions game, the defense gave up back to back TD drives of less than 3.5 minutes each. We had just over 2 minutes and drove down the field, that was the game with that beautiful deep pass to Zeke when he lined up in the slot. Zeke made a heck of a catch on that too.
I'm sure this isn't good enough either, since we had a couple timeouts. :rolleyes:

Wrong. Pretty sure he said it had to happen on Monday Night Football.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’m amazed at the number of people who measure players and teams by yardage as opposed to wins.

In the 1971 season, the year the Cowboys won their first SB, the QB with the best stats that year was San Diego’s Jon Hadl. They never sniffed a SB. Roger Staubach had good stats of course, but the main reason he’s in the HOF is his ability to lead his team to wins.

That’s what matters...winning. Unless you’re playing fantasy football in which case definitely go with stats, lol.
When we were 3-5 that was the criteria. Now there’s a better one and playing well at the end of the game isn’t part of it. Apparently.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
His 85.2 passer rating ranks 21st in late & close situations, more than 7 points lower than his career rating. Dak's is 14 points higher than his own career rating.

If you look at all attempts in every situation, Dak's passer rating ranks 10th, Wentz's 16th.

To make it more simple - It doesn't matter how you start. It matters more how you finish.

Blake

Reaction score
lol..as yourself we presume ...amazing simply amazing .......:banghead:

You're on the left side of the bell curve where all the 80s hangout. I wouldn't be talking if I were you, Poopy.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Or a fan's inability to remove bondage inside a paper sack with the aide of a water hose and a knife as well...

now, to ignore.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Good for you. I used to argue with everyone on the board, not anymore, I simply don't have the time or disposition to do it anymore so they get ignored.

Yep Started to do it a while back ,got to the point you couldn't even enjoy a win for all the negative crap on this forum .

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This stat has a lot more meaning when you factor in DAL plays games meant to be close and give us a chance to win at the end.
We play a style that requires success late and in close games and Dak succeeding there is why he has won 30 games and gone 30-15 to start his career.

He is 0-1 in the playoffs but passed for over 300 yards on only 38 attempts with 2 TDs that day for a QB rating over 100.

I feel good about our chance to win close games with Dak at QB.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Finally used the ignore function. PAPPYDAWG offers absolutely nothing but Dak trolling. It’s like a bad re-run of Laverne and Shirley...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Dak is clutch.

He is also poor at throwing the ball down the field, and his inconsistency as a passer means that this team is in close games more often than it should be.

It's unsustainable to keep having games like Atlanta, NO, and Philly.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He's upset about critical posters like myself. I've said it before. Dak's best skill is the "it" or "clutch" ability to focus and become better in intense situations. It really is remarkable and I love whatever it is.

I recall another QB in Dallas who did not always play great early in games yet was one of the most deadly QB to play the game from behind. Roger Staubach. Not saying Dak is equal to Roger but I used to watch games with Roger playing and the offense doing nothing for good chunks of the game only to find themselves behind late in the game but you always knew we were not out of it. Dak is a young QB with much to improve on but he does have that ability to buckle down and make plays in critical situations.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
What’s wrong with wanting your quarterback to play well for four quarters instead of just the last half of one quarter? Hey, if Dak keeps winning that way then I’m all good with it. But if he plays like junk for three quarters in a playoff game, digs a huge hole, and then can’t get out of it and they lose; well what then? That’s the fear those of us that don’t have faith in Dak have. I can promise if Dak continues to pull out games at the end and “wins ugly” all the way to a championship all of us will give him major props. It just feels like if they are going to do anything noteworthy in the playoffs Dak needs to clean some things up. And if long term he can’t clean those things up and his ceiling is a guy that can get you a winning record in the regular season but can’t play efficient enough in the postseason to get it done then hopefully we keep looking for our franchise guy.