Prescott likely to get contract extension in the offseason

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
he was always going to get one, everyone not ignoring the obvious knew this... no way they were gonna let the 59 mill hit happen.

pansophy

Reaction score
Dak is just different since the 49ers game. I wonder what changed?
People forget that they are still installing the offense. At the time we played SF, we didn’t have any 7 step drops in the playbook yet. My guess is that they hurried some things up after SF because we saw a lot motion after that game. The offense, especially red zone, should continue to improve.

Praxit

Reaction score
..say what you will, but Dak takes huge paycut. Just so that Micah, Lamb and others stay in Dallas.

I mean, how much more $$$ does Dak need?

What he really wants is championship. That only comes from right players around him.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
This was always an inevitability. The FO has never indicated anything BUT an extension. Dak’s play this season has only reinforced their desire to keep him.
And increased the amount of money he’ll be guaranteed on his new deal.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I'm all for taking shots in the draft higher than silly third day picks on a QB, but if anyone thinks we can improve on him easily has a hole in their head. As does anyone who thinks Lance is remotely close to challenging as a starter.

Hopefully Dak doesn't try to reset the entire QB market - but just like lawyers, agents drive the process so I'm not so hopeful.
I do remotely think Lance will be our starter.

Unless Dak wins a Super Bowl.

The 2024 cap is already jacked up.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Maybe Dak’s improved play is due in part by having a thought the team may go in a new direction if he doesn’t deliver.

In the end, Lance can be developed into a great backup or we can flip him for decent picks to a QB hungry team.

Either way we win.

starfan1

Reaction score
Some yall gonna be disappointed lol. If you’re holding onto hope if the team don’t reach a certain game in the playoffs Dak is gone

There will be an extension and in all likelihood a new contract. That was always the plan and now that he’s playing at the level he is if you think it’s gonna be anything different well

I got oceanfront property in AZ I’ll sell you for cheap

quickccc

Reaction score
Dak is just different since the 49ers game. I wonder what changed?
My guesswork:
- Major Coaching adjustment
- much more involvement with WR Cooks
- much more effort to scheme/move Lamb around to get open and targeted, ..
- Using more bunch formations/rub routes
- more effort to push ball downfield...
- more challenge to the seam middle
- a metamorph from that dink n dunk

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We need a top rookie with CAP SPACE .
What’s your plan for getting a top rookie QB? We’re going to be picking in the high 20s next April. It would take a bunch of future number one picks to move in position for one of the top QBs and there’s no guarantees any of them will pan out. Dak is playing better than any QB in the entire league and you want to move on from him. You’re making no sense.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What’s your plan for getting a top rookie QB? We’re going to be picking in the high 20s next April. It would take a bunch of future number one picks to move in position for one of the top QBs and there’s no guarantees any of them will pan out. Dak is playing better than any QB in the entire league and you want to move on from him. You’re making no sense.
He’s a well known troll.