Prescott likely to get contract extension in the offseason

CWR

Reaction score
Dak is just different since the 49ers game. I wonder what changed?
He has a coordinator who's not a complete moron and he's gotten comfortable in the offense.

Crazy how when you don't run 4 curls all to the same yard line you actually get separation. Then your qb doesn't throw a ton of picks. Who would have thunk it?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Barring injury, I think Dak is the Cowboys QB until 2030.
I made this exact quote in August and people said I was just trying to rile them up.

There is no “he has to do this” or “can’t do that” Dak is getting an extension, and very probably another after that.

People keep comparing him to Cousins or Wentz or Carr, but the most apt comparison is Matt Ryan. Jerry will ride Dak into the ground as long as he keeps Dallas in playoff contention

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I made this exact quote in August and people said I was just trying to rile them up.

There is no “he has to do this” or “can’t do that” Dak is getting an extension, and very probably another after that
yup and if MM can keep getting this play from him ..he should.

Plankton

Reaction score
With the projected cap hit for next year, there's no doubt that he was going to get extended. If they looked to cut him, or ride out the year with no changes, the chances of fielding a competitive roster are lowered significantly.

Now, I'm not in favor of a long term extension, in part because he will get paid ridiculously high and it will impact the ability of the team to put weapons around him. But, I recognize that it's an inevitability.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He has a coordinator who's not a complete moron and he's gotten comfortable in the offense.

Crazy how when you don't run 4 curls all to the same yard line you actually get separation. Then your qb doesn't throw a ton of picks. Who would have thunk it?
Yeah Paper Boy is lighting it up up in LA, I wonder what the offenses issue was last season with the interceptions.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
With the projected cap hit for next year, there's no doubt that he was going to get extended. If they looked to cut him, or ride out the year with no changes, the chances of fielding a competitive roster are lowered significantly.

Now, I'm not in favor of a long term extension, in part because he will get paid ridiculously high and it will impact the ability of the team to put weapons around him. But, I recognize that it's an inevitability.
the thing is a long term would be fine if constructed the correct way..Dak (technically his agent) will be the one capping the years as they believe he can get one more contract after this one..

Plankton

Reaction score
the thing is a long term would be fine if constructed the correct way..Dak (technically his agent) will be the one capping the years as they believe he can get one more contract after this one..
No, it's Prescott that would be doing it. The agent works for the player, and does the player's bidding.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No, it's Prescott that would be doing it. The agent works for the player, and does the player's bidding.
sure but thats not what we will hear, I hope Dak can see the big picture and know many millions is great but many rings goes better with many millions than a couple more million does...again Im not holding my breath.

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah Paper Boy is lighting it up up in LA, I wonder what the offenses issue was last season with the interceptions.
I know I'm hard on KM, but he isn't all terrible. It's just about 10-15% of the time where it's so bizarrely stupid I can't process what he may have been thinking.

That 10-15% was enough to help keep us from getting over the hump.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I know I'm hard on KM, but he isn't all terrible. It's just about 10-15% of the time where it's so bizarrely stupid I can't process what he may have been thinking.

That 10-15% was enough to help keep us from getting over the hump.
I mean its not 10-15% its 100% if you dont have the best player in the situation the shceme does absolutley nothing to help the play out.

Reactions: CWR

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Do yall STILL want him to win MVP? (Knowing he could win MVP and still do his usual flop in playoffs)

When he goes to the negotiating table...do you want him to do it as the MVP winner, or, success being equal, not win it?

How much more money do you want him to demand and take away from the rest of the team....because of some dumb award?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Do yall STILL want him to win MVP? (Knowing he could win MVP and still do his usual flop in playoffs)

When he goes to the negotiating table...do you want him to do it as the MVP winner, or, success being equal, not win it?

How much more money do you want him to demand and take away from the rest of the team....because of some dumb award?
What does anyone "Wanting" him to win MVP have to do with anything? We want him to play at an MVP level and that gives us the best chance to win in the playoffs.....if those things happen then I'm cool with watching you freak out over his next contract all offseason..I'm willing to put up with it....

CWR

Reaction score
I mean its not 10-15% its 100% if you dont have the best player in the situation the shceme does absolutley nothing to help the play out.
Well yeah, there's no accounting for how often talent was the only reason we had offensive success. Romo covered up JG a lot for example

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I don’t know what is up with you. :facepalm: You’ve been screaming for us not to re-sign him all season. You’ll take any QB as long as they’re cheap. Thank goodness you don’t own the team.
Not any QB , a first round pick QB

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
What’s your plan for getting a top rookie QB? We’re going to be picking in the high 20s next April. It would take a bunch of future number one picks to move in position for one of the top QBs and there’s no guarantees any of them will pan out. Dak is playing better than any QB in the entire league and you want to move on from him. You’re making no sense.
Trade Dak for a good pick position .

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
He must be because he’s completely out of his mind. A couple of weeks ago in the pregame chat he kept posting over and over for the Cowboys not to re-sign Dak. Just another one trick pony.
and im keeping the same train of thought .