Prescott likely to get contract extension in the offseason

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Are people still fantasizing that he won't be back?

If you don't like him, you start making plans to go somewhere else because Dak will be until 2030.

This is no matter what he does the rest of the year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Are people still fantasizing that he won't be back?

If you don't like him, you start making plans to go somewhere else because Dak will be until 2030.

This is no matter what he does the rest of the year.
Some are hoping and praying he won’t be back. They’ll take anyone but Dak despite the fact he’s playing the best football of his career. This is a bizarre fan base.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Some are hoping and praying he won’t be back. They’ll take anyone but Dak despite the fact he’s playing the best football of his career. This is a bizarre fan base.
I mean how many Cowboys "Fans" do you run into on the streets that actually say dumb things like this? I live here and dont know any.. hear them on the radio but to actually run into a person i know is a fan and not one ever says this dumb stuff..frustrated with Dak for sure never ridiculous takes though.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
If he keeps playing the way he does vs everyone, and including deep into the playoffs then I have no problem with him getting paid.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I mean how many Cowboys "Fans" do you run into on the streets that actually say dumb things like this? I live here and dont know any.. hear them on the radio but to actually run into a person i know is a fan and not one ever says this dumb stuff..frustrated with Dak for sure never ridiculous takes though.
No one you run into will ever say dumb stuff like this because they don’t want to look dumb. They don’t care how dumb they look on a board like this because no one knows who they are. If it wasn’t for the anonymity we have here no one would post dumb stuff like this. It’s easy to post dumb stuff when you’re sitting behind a computer and have an avatar as your profile picture.

Kwyn

Reaction score
My sources tell me that Lance wont be ready for the spotlight for at least another season.

The problem with Lance is that he has character and it takes a while to get rid of that and so be able to be the leading figure for this franchise.

From what i hear is that DFlaw has given the duty to teach Lance how to get rid of any moral reasons and so open the door to be successful in Dallas. But the first psychological tests werent very promissing. It seems that he has no feel of how to sell probable deaths in his family, own psychological symptoms or his private life like birth of a child the right way to the public. But that is a fundamental knowledge you need to have. Unless his tests show else it seems we will have to wait for a change at the QB position.

It shows again how lucky we were in 2016 to find a player in the 4th round without any kind character and so fit all the requirements "out of the box" this position is demanding in Dallas and by the Joneses. Our QB is a generational talent - no question - and another example of how good our drafting gurus are.
lol, your “sources”

Mark

Reaction score
No issue with an extension, but the Devil is always in the details.

Money is one thing. But, maybe the bigger question is, how many years? Eight years into our QB's career, I'd be wary of committing to more than 2-3 years, but am guessing that Dak will be looking for 4-5. Who knows?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Some yall gonna be disappointed lol. If you’re holding onto hope if the team don’t reach a certain game in the playoffs Dak is gone

There will be an extension and in all likelihood a new contract. That was always the plan and now that he’s playing at the level he is if you think it’s gonna be anything different well

I got oceanfront property in AZ I’ll sell you for cheap
You throw in 3 beach umbrellas and I'm listening.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No issue with an extension, but the Devil is always in the details.

Money is one thing. But, maybe the bigger question is, how many years? Eight years into our QB's career, I'd be wary of committing to more than 2-3 years, but am guessing that Dak will be looking for 4-5. Who knows?
Yeah we would love 8 no way Dak goes for that unless its a ridiculous garunteed contract that will not be good. just keep it flexible and managable for 4 years and put it behind everyone.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
It'll drop his cap hit for next year
Yeah from 60 mills to maybe 50.
2024 never was the problem, 2025 is. Its his first void year but we are already in the books for him with 35 mils.

It was always a given that we would extend him. Even if he'd play with two broken legs. The contract we gave him was just so bad.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Yeah from 60 mills to maybe 50.
2024 never was the problem, 2025 is. Its his first void year but we are already in the books for him with 35 mils.

It was always a given that we would extend him. Even if he'd play with two broken legs. The contract we gave him was just so bad.
That’s not how these deals work and the contract we gave him was a pretty standard deal.

His 24 cap hit would likely be about half of what it would be without the extension.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
That’s not how these deals work and the contract we gave him was a pretty standard deal.

His 24 cap hit would likely be about half of what it would be without the extension.
So tell me how will we do that ? you can only lower his base salary. The rest is upfront payed money. You cant move that into other years. Extension or not.