Prescott: My best football is coming

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I truly hope some of them are employed in the entertainment industry. The creativity they come up with is truly astounding sometimes. Of course, there are gaping plot holes but I guess they can slap a sci-fi label on it when you have to bend reality to bring their creations to life.
That was very deep mi amigo.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I pray, my dear Sir, please share the kindness of telling a poor hater, what would have been a good thread course worthy of a homer's time?
I am no homer! I think this team is done for the next several years. Jerry has overpaid, again for slightly above average talent and it is going to another 5 plus years to fix this mess of a team with major salary cap ramifications.

NotForLong

Reaction score
We’re not talking about how long he’s been in the league. You need to follow along. :thumbup: He’s been in the league nine years and has earned two huge contract extensions with the same team. If you don’t like it, that sucks for you.
Jerry Jones says hi

NotForLong

Reaction score
When Dak says he’s not played his best that’s him saying he can play even better. He hasn’t been a disappointment or he wouldn’t have been made the highest paid player in the league. What’s been a disappointment is the team. Why is it so hard for you to admit that? He’s not the problem. Go cry to someone else about him.
Jerry Jones says hi

NotForLong

Reaction score
What I just highlighted is circular logic...it's a tautology. Bruh, he has YET TO PROVE if he's worth his contract. When Jerry was asked why he didn't already have a contract before the season he said, "Green Bay". So obviously...he was a disappointment on his old deal. To say he's already lived up to a contract...because he got a contract...is either love, deliberate deceit or fandom gone mad.
Bravo

NotForLong

Reaction score
:facepalm: This team is infested with big talkers who wilt under pressure. Just can’t perform on the big stage. Almost 10 years into his career and Dak still trying to sell us on his potential. Give it up, just an overpaid average QB who fleeced Jerry and son.
Pretty much sums it up

NotForLong

Reaction score
If he had been disappointing then why was he extended? Why didn’t the team just let him play out his contract if he had been disappointing? Sounds like you haven’t been following the NFL very long. The going rate for even a good QB is 50+ million dollars per season. This is the NFL today. Some of you need to deal with it.
Jerry Jones says hi

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

Does Dak Prescott think he’s playing his best football?

Dak: “I’m playing solid football. I think if you broke down all four games, there’s a play or two, a couple of plays within that I want back. … I can tell you my best is damn sure, I’m on the brink of it. I feel like I’m stepping into that. … It’s damn sure coming.”

Dak it's been like 8 plus years already. Just shut up already. You are no better than Romo and his 8 promising years.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dak needs to understand silence can be your best friend sometimes. I don't have a problem with what he said but I can see how/why it rub some the wrong way. Personally, I think there is some correlation between this statement and record-setting contract he just signed. It's as if he's saying I will prove I'm worth a penny of this contract. I like his confidence but this was bad form.......

NotForLong

Reaction score
Sure .......

When you see this look early in the game ....... you know we are gonna lose

0_dak-prescott.jpg
True story

Mikexike

Reaction score
Dak needs to understand silence can be your best friend sometimes. I don't have a problem with what he said but I can see how/why it rub some the wrong way. Personally, I think there is some correlation between this statement and record-setting contract he just signed. It's as if he's saying I will prove I'm worth a penny of this contract. I like his confidence but this was bad form.......
Its deja vu, just a repeat of his first contract. There is no way he's getting any better when he still can't beat the defenses that have whooped him for 9 years.

nobody

Reaction score
2nd in mvp voting and that's with 1 legit weapon to throw to and an antiquated offensive scheme. Yea, I def see better years ahead once we get rid of this antiquated offensive scheme him and Ceedee have to carry.
I love it when people bring that up and don't give details. 2nd in mvp, yet he yielded ZERO number 1 votes. Not a single one. Another player that came in lower than Dak had more #1 MVP votes than Dak. Not a single person that votes voted that Dak deserved MVP. Not one. So keep crying out "2nd in MVP!" because it's funny and misleading.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I love it when people bring that up and don't give details. 2nd in mvp, yet he yielded ZERO number 1 votes. Not a single one. Another player that came in lower than Dak had more #1 MVP votes than Dak. Not a single person that votes voted that Dak deserved MVP. Not one. So keep crying out "2nd in MVP!" because it's funny and misleading.
I get what you are saying but is not better to be in the MVP conversation than not. I mean it takes a pretty strong year to be in the conversation, does it not?

Mikexike

Reaction score
Which defense??????
He seems to struggle against man coverage and certain zone coverage.

Great against the blitz, but if any defense that will dare him to beat them. It's usually never a good outcome.

Last edited:

Havic

Reaction score
Everyone feels great when they beat the Giants, then reality sets in the following week

nobody

Reaction score
I get what you are saying but is not better to be in the MVP conversation than not. I mean it takes a pretty strong year to be in the conversation, does it not?
It takes a strong regular season. That's not Dak's problem. His problem is come playoff time, he chokes yearly. MVP doesn't take into account the post-season.

Edited to add: No, I'm not saying he caused the losses all by himself. The entire team choked...but it doesn't excuse him.