Prescott: My best football is coming

Cmac

Reaction score
Dak demanded to be paid like a miracle worker, so it is only right and proper that we demand he play like one.
....then it would be safe to say he is still underpaid.......with a gashed D, bad OL, poor running game and group, inadequate WR group and a bad front office....but that would be deemed excuses here. Ironically, First Take just afforded Joe Burrows a red carpet and handful of excuses for a 1-3 start. Go see Burrows last starts in 2023 to go with the 0-3 start this year. It's too funny and the sentiment is just as contrasting. Dan Orlvasky said it best....."Set up to fail." My take.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
....then it would be safe to say he is still underpaid.......with a gashed D, bad OL, poor running game and group, inadequate WR group and a bad front office....but that would be deemed excuses here. Ironically, First Take just afforded Joe Burrows a red carpet and handful of excuses for a 1-3 start. Go see Burrows last starts in 2023 to go with the 0-3 start this year. It's too funny and the sentiment is just as contrasting. Dan Orlvasky said it best....."Set up to fail." My take.
LOL, the opposite is true. Dak is the most overpaid QB that has existed to date. You can make every excuse in the book, but nothing overrides that Dak demanded this contract, so he has to live up to it. But you and I both know he won't live up to it.

Tell me honestly, do you really think Dak is going to end his career with at least one SB win?

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Nobody but the JonesBoys would have been stupid enough to sign the worst playoff QB of all time to a record breaking contract. He would be lucky to get a deal worth half that with a competent GM. If your claim was true, then the Saints would be paying Carr a similar amount.
Literally any team who needed a QB would have signed him to that deal. Maybe more. Too many people around here have forgotten what it's like to go through QB purgatory. Dak finished second in the MVP race last year, and the general consensus around the league and even in the media is that he's a top 10 QB. THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM PERFECT OR MEAN HE DOESN'T HAVE ISSUES. He's just an easy target for lazy, frustrated fans. I get it to an extent. There's just way too many people who think he got $60m and that he should have to be the best QB in the league who should walk on water to save the team with glaring issues everywhere. That's not realistic and not how the QB market works. And, until this year, Carr had nowhere near the success or consistency Dak has had. He finally looks good this year with a good coach. I think Carr has led a team to the playoffs once in his entire career and lost that game. Dak hasn't had much playoff success but he's gotten there and put up some stellar numbers along the way.

The funny thing is, I don't disagree with anyone about Dak's flaws, or that he needs to show up in big games. I just think when you look at the big picture, he was the best option for this team. You don't sign Lamb and then hope you can luck into a QB in the draft or FA during his prime. He and Dak were always a package deal. I don't trust Jerry to draft and acquire a good QB when the names he's been linked to over the years are Manziel and Paxton Lynch. I remember the years between Aikman and Romo all too well.

Cmac

Reaction score
LOL, the opposite is true. Dak is the most overpaid QB that has existed to date. You can make every excuse in the book, but nothing overrides that Dak demanded this contract, so he has to live up to it. But you and I both know he won't live up to it.

Tell me honestly, do you really think Dak is going to end his career with at least one SB win?
To answer your question regarding Dak's SB quest with Dallas......No, given how this team is being formed. The very same fate that prevailed for TRomo. Given this team fails to address issues.....team speed, ball-hawks and run-stoppers on D, failure to look at Scouting & Draft failures, roster building (DerrickHenry phone call failure, for example), and our Owner selling manure ..........no. Injuries not mentioned, as they apply to ALL teams.

Words of the day regarding such.......Impractical, Unforeseeable, or Improbable.......given the eye test from the off-season and now.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I just know I'm glad we don't have QB's like Cousins, Mayfield, Darnold, Goff, Smith, Purdy, etc.. at fractions of the cost.

They are levels below our mega priced superhero. Fans of those teams must be so ashamed.

/s

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well, every doctor will tell you that laughter is good for your health. So Dak has been contributing alot to that, cudos to him. Bad day at work? Just read Dak's latest comment about his best football. Argument with the wife? Dak's comment about the last loss just puts a smile on your face. Your shares going down? Ah, Dak's hilarious team related cabaret will cheer you up for sure.

This dude is delivering quite the laughs so we thank him for that and hope he keeps delivering. I mean when it's not on the field, at least off the field he's a true MVP. :muttley:
You smell that? It's the anger soothing through your pores. Love it! lol

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Nine years and we are still waiting for " The best is yet to come " . I'm definitely not holding my breath .
This is why dak should not say things like this, it makes him look stupid.
Why did it take 8 years lol, and why isnt he his best at start of the season, instead of 4 games in?
Better to not say anything, and just try to do better.

One thing for sure, the jones boys did nothing to actually help the team be better this year.
More with less lol
All in = we are going super cheap this season and expecting more success!

I would have liked to not sign dak, and look for better QB, but I dont expect a lot from dak or the team this season,
due to the jones boys not doing anything in FA, and didnt draft a RB. Didnt sign henry or aaron jones.
It is the worse GM job I have ever seen.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Does Dak Prescott think he’s playing his best football?

Dak: “I’m playing solid football. I think if you broke down all four games, there’s a play or two, a couple of plays within that I want back. … I can tell you my best is damn sure, I’m on the brink of it. I feel like I’m stepping into that. … It’s damn sure coming.”

I believe in Dak.
I also believe in Big Foot.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I believe in Dak.
I also believe in Big Foot.
There are more (fake) bigfoot videos than videos of Dak winning playoffs games.

QRiot_HCowboys.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
"You know he's good because Jerry paid him a fortune"

Maybe the worst argument for a player of all time.
The argument some of you have is you claim he sucks. You honestly believe that’s a good argument?

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
2nd in mvp voting and that's with 1 legit weapon to throw to and an antiquated offensive scheme. Yea, I def see better years ahead once we get rid of this antiquated offensive scheme him and Ceedee have to carry.