Prescott: My best football is coming

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I mean normally by this time in your career, you are what you are. You can point to very few who have ever made the leap this late. John Elway being the first one I remember, but he had success early on by getting to a Super Bowl so not really the same.

The other one that is the comparison that fits is Stafford. A playoff loser. Never won a division. Never won a single playoff game. Choked big time in the 2014 Dallas playoff game. He gets a change of scenery in LA with QB whisperer McVay, surrounded by a front office who loaded up and went all in (not like our fake all in). And won a ring. But he didn't really elevate his play in LA. He was just surrounded by a ton of overall talent and they could mask his weaknesses way better and McVay designed the best offense for him. He tried his hardest to blow the NFC Champ game but SF blew it and dropped an easy pick towards the end.

Dak's skill won't increase but the situation around him could get better. But it won't here, not with this bozo front office. He would need a whole new team at the end of his career.

Mikexike

Reaction score
I mean normally by this time in your career, you are what you are. You can point to very few who have ever made the leap this late. John Elway being the first one I remember, but he had success early on by getting to a Super Bowl so not really the same.

The other one that is the comparison that fits is Stafford. A playoff loser. Never won a division. Never won a single playoff game. Choked big time in the 2014 Dallas playoff game. He gets a change of scenery in LA with QB whisperer McVay, surrounded by a front office who loaded up and went all in (not like our fake all in). And won a ring. But he didn't really elevate his play in LA. He was just surrounded by a ton of overall talent and they could mask his weaknesses way better and McVay designed the best offense for him. He tried his hardest to blow the NFC Champ game but SF blew it and dropped an easy pick towards the end.

Dak's skill won't increase but the situation around him could get better. But it won't here, not with this bozo front office. He would need a whole new team at the end of his career.
I really wish dak would of just played his contract out with the state of this franchise......Nothing better than seeing Jones and co panic with no plan...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It takes a strong regular season. That's not Dak's problem. His problem is come playoff time, he chokes yearly.
The standards of MVP honorees are narrowed to a select few players ( usually 3 or less) with incredible seasons. I'm mentioning this cuz it's misguided to dilute such privileged honor ONLY because Dak was a runner-up.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love it when people bring that up and don't give details. 2nd in mvp, yet he yielded ZERO number 1 votes. Not a single one. Another player that came in lower than Dak had more #1 MVP votes than Dak. Not a single person that votes voted that Dak deserved MVP. Not one. So keep crying out "2nd in MVP!" because it's funny and misleading.
:hammer:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
g6SJFHO.gif

nobody

Reaction score
The standards of MVP honorees are narrowed to a select few players ( usually 3 or less) with incredible seasons. I'm mentioning this cuz it's misguided to dilute such privileged honor ONLY because Dak was a runner-up.
Which does NOTHING to counterargue against his Playoff choking, which I stated was his actual problem.