Twitter: Prescott update

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Not at all. I am saying neither the Cowboys or Eagles have really played anyone. I dont consider Kirk Cousins in primetime a threat to anyone. Look at his record. All I was stating is that the double standard is hilarious. Because when the Cowboys beat up on teams that others say arent good its just that. They havent beaten anyone.

When the Eagles do it. They are contenders lol. Thats all I was trying to convey.

The sad thing is that many have used the "but Dallas hasn't played anyone good yet" line to negate Rush' 4-0 record this season. The fact of the matter is any team can beat another team any given day so ultimately a win is a win.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Not at all. I am saying neither the Cowboys or Eagles have really played anyone. I dont consider Kirk Cousins in primetime a threat to anyone. Look at his record. All I was stating is that the double standard is hilarious. Because when the Cowboys beat up on teams that others say arent good its just that. They havent beaten anyone.

When the Eagles do it. They are contenders lol. Thats all I was trying to convey.

I understand I do think Minn is a good team, not great but good with a lot of talent on that team so beating them in my view was no minor victory. I hope like hell we beat Philly just stating they will not be an easy team, no doubt if Dallas wins you will have those who claim NFC East is weak no big deal, I see it as they are 5-0 and playing good ball and Cowboys better be ready

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yes Defense accounted for some of those points. I think Rush played well as you said fairly mistake free but the offense is not making many plays, relying on defense and special teams to gives on points is asking a lot.

Yes, it is asking a lot and while the offense isn't dropping 30+ points/game, we all have to remember that Cooper Rush has started a total of 5 career games and the WR corp, regardless of surprises like Brown's effort, isn't top rated and the approach has purposely been run the ball and don;t make mistakes in the passing game. That is not an indictment on Rush's ability but it's what the Dallas coaching staff has developed.

Will that change when Dak returns? Will the offense suddenly become a pass happy offense that goes away from the run again? Possibly but right now fans can only wait to see what happens against the Eagles because I think it is more of a statement game for the Dallas defense to prove they are legitimate against an opposing offense that has multiple threats.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes, it is asking a lot and while the offense isn't dropping 30+ points/game, we all have to remember that Cooper Rush has started a total of 5 career games and the WR corp, regardless of surprises like Brown's effort, isn't top rated and the approach has purposely been run the ball and don;t make mistakes in the passing game. That is not an indictment on Rush's ability but it's what the Dallas coaching staff has developed.

Will that change when Dak returns? Will the offense suddenly become a pass happy offense that goes away from the run again? Possibly but right now fans can only wait to see what happens against the Eagles because I think it is more of a statement game for the Dallas defense to prove they are legitimate against an opposing offense that has multiple threats.

I hope so, I hope Dak is able to come back and give this offense a spark, until that time they insert him back into the lineup we will go with Rush and as a Cowboys fan I hope like hell this team can continue to win and his production along with the offense improves. Hell I don't even put it all on Rush, last game 3 times we failed to make 1st down that were not on him, you had a couple of drops that would have been a 1st down and a penalty wiped out another.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The sad thing is that many have used the "but Dallas hasn't played anyone good yet" line to negate Rush' 4-0 record this season. The fact of the matter is any team can beat another team any given day so ultimately a win is a win.
My God. I am not talking about Dak or Rush. I am talking about the double standard. I get it. You dont like Dak. I dont care if its Rush, the Defense, Special Teams or Coaching. Win ball games. Dont really care who gets the credit.

Football is the ultimate team sport. QBs dont win or lose games by themselves.

Mark

Reaction score
Let's wait and see if he used the time off to refine his skills. IF not, then judge him as you will.

The vigil surrounding Dak's thumb reminds me of the old story about the guy who, upon having a cast removed from his hand, asked the doctor: "Am I going to be able to play the violin now?" The doctor replies "Of course." The patient is ecstatic: "That's great...because I could never play it before!"

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
The vigil surrounding Dak's thumb reminds me of the old story about the guy who, upon having a cast removed from his hand, asked the doctor: "Am I going to be able to play the violin now?" The doctor replies "Of course." The patient is ecstatic: "That's great...because I could never play it before!"
lolz:muttley:

JMech

Reaction score
It's still early.

Hard to get a real gauge of the stupidity until after Thanksgiving...

Entirely fair. You must admit that currently the stupidity level is nearly off the scale. I must admit, that I am entirely unsure if this forum is polluted with trolls or if the average fan is as dumb as it appears??