Prescott's Pressured Dropbacks, 2016-17

wileedog

Reaction score
I'm only commenting on the picture. If anything, Beas is the one open, not Witt. Still, the middle of the field is open because of Dak passing to his left.
I don't think Jason Witten is the type to be jumping up and down waving his arms if he is actually close to being covered. Or do you think he started doing that after Dak had already thrown it?

Furthermore, if you look closely he is easily 5 yards if not more behind the closest defender - who couldn't have moved that far away during the time it took Dak to throw a checkdown - and there is *no one* behind him. Romo lobs that over the LBer for a big gain every time.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Sorry, don't buy it. Witten is not waving his arms madly after the ball was thrown. He was wide open! Dak was done. He was toast. He had given up looking downfield. His ints got in his head and he went into a dump down shell. I doubt he ever recovers. Watching that gamemade me remember what it was like to watch the Cowboys before Romo!.

Not fun at all!
Sure he is. He's wide open after Dak makes the throw to Zeke. Look at the LB breaking to Zeke. You think he just decides to defend to the left just because? No. He's making a play on the ball.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I don't think Jason Witten is the type to be jumping up and down waving his arms if he is actually close to being covered. Or do you think he started doing that after Dak had already thrown it?

Furthermore, if you look closely he is easily 5 yards if note more behind the closest defender - who couldn't have moved that far away during the time it took Dak to throw a checkdown - and there is *no one* behind him. Romo lobs that over the LBer for a big gain every time.
You don't think? Look at the pic. Imagine Dak not passing to his checkdown to the left, you think that LB makes a beeline just cuz?

wileedog

Reaction score
You don't think? Look at the pic. Imagine Dak not passing to his checkdown to the left, you think that LB makes a beeline just cuz?
How far do you think that LBer moved in the time it took Dak to throw a 6 yard pass? He is not in the same zip code as Witten in that photo.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Which was thrown what, .75 seconds ago?

Again, why is Witten jumping up with arms up if there was a defender anywhere near him before the ball was thrown?
Because he was open after the LB cut in on Zeke. Who knows, maybe he was running his route and looked up only to see an open middle of the field, without realizing that the ball had been thrown already.

A photo still is what we're gonna scrutinize? Anyone have the play?

superonyx

Reaction score
This thread was hijacked and went a different direction than it deserved to go.

These numbers based on pressure are very interesting.
I would like to know how other QB's fare against this pressure as well.
It also then brings up the question if this is natural pressure or blitz pressure...Would this pressure get to him this often if he was better at reading the defenses and reacting or is this just a factor of our offensive line not doing a good enough job protecting Dak....

Either way the coaches should have picked up on this and had offensive adjustments ready in case the defense blitzes or is getting natural pressure. Regardless of this being a potential issue for Dak its also a glaring issue for our offensive coaches by not picking up on this early in games and adjusted the plays.

Gameover

Reaction score
Please don't show me that. That's just depressing. Man, so sad.

Almost as bad as the Murray fumble in GB.

That photo is the summary of our entire season -- dump off Dak.

Actually he's totally confused on where to go. He's actually forced the ball down field too much.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Sure he is. He's wide open after Dak makes the throw to Zeke. Look at the LB breaking to Zeke. You think he just decides to defend to the left just because? No. He's making a play on the ball.
Nope, You can watch the whole replay on NFL Network. Witten is wide open from his break and Dak is staring him down and just looks away. I just watched every frame. It is not even close and you can see Dak looking at him.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Nope, You can watch the whole replay on NFL Network. Witten is wide open from his break and Dak is staring him down and just looks away. I just watched every frame. It is not even close and you can see Dak looking at him.
So Dak was staring down Witten and you think Wagner doesn't make a play on it? The LB is in perfect position before breaking on Zeke.

wileedog

Reaction score
Because he was open after the LB cut in on Zeke. Who knows, maybe he was running his route and looked up only to see an open middle of the field, without realizing that the ball had been thrown already.

A photo still is what we're gonna scrutinize? Anyone have the play?

5:10 on the video. Witten breaks into the middle and no one goes with him. The safety to his left does start following Dak's eyes to the left, but Witten is wide open.