Game Day ***Preseason 4 Game Cowboys vs Raiders thread***

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Duke Thomas going down makes that spot more favorable for White.

LB depth is not our thing.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Bruce Carter still available...and did anyone ask about Rolando McClain yet? :lmao2:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Team will be in a tough spot at LB. You don't want to be pressed to play Jaylon more than he may be capable of at this point.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
It's simple really. It's a matter of getting better at developing defensive talent.

robjay04

Reaction score
I think the bigger issue is that we can't sniff him rushing 4.

This DL still, after years of "addressing the pass rush" still can't get to the QB.

Raiders have one of the best offensive lines in the league, they rival us.

You can probably could on one hand how many teams can get pressure consistently rushing 4 against them.

fishspill

Reaction score
A little disappointed with the first half.
You guys?
Yep. Dak 11/14 113 and a TD looks good but he was doing unDak things like rolling into a sack and throwing late on a screen. Made sharp throws over the middle late which was good. Really seemed either slow in reading his progressions or his receivers were blanketed and he had to scramble.

Pass rush didn't exist.

Jones still looks like he's not going to develop.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Collins will get better; he's just not moving his feet fast enough, not getting wide laterally. If he did, he's powerful enough to wash an inside move down easily.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really doubt we will bring him in with all our troubles,its really bad at LB if we lose Hitchens.

It's a big hit.

As much as we complain about two game suspensions, this was the equivalent of 8 of them, all at once, at a key defensive position.

Maybe we get luck and it's not an ACL. but they seemed pretty sure it's a big injury.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I hate Garrett more than most, but u cant be serious blaming this on him.

This Defense lacks talent

Why does it lack talent though?

Look at all the drafts that have been primed around Garret and his "offensive minded genuis" in having to "out talent" the other teams. Garrett has had the cream of the crop talent wise on the offensive side of the ball and if it weren't for Romo saving his *** would still be garbage.

Meanwhile Marinelli gets scraps and JAG's that he has to make into superstars based on scheme alone.

And I'm not blaming this pre season game on Garrett btw. I'm blaming him for everything else.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Why?

Does he coach the defense?

Not trying to be a jerk. I just want to know why he's such a terrible coach?

Can never have his team ready, despite having significant time off; coming out flat and sloppy after bye weeks, and his inability to see passed his own ego.

The only saving grace in all this is that people can FINALLY see Tony Romo was NOT the problem.