Game Day ***Preseason 4 Game Cowboys vs Raiders thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And if he doesn't?

People expecting Collins to move outside to RT and just become one of the better RTs in the league were out of their minds.

The holding call was weak. I'm not sure the first hands to the face call should have been made either as the hands didn't go up into the face mask. I don't think they ever showed the replay of the second one.

robjay04

Reaction score
A little disappointed with the first half.
You guys?

It's preseason.

If this was regular season and we went into the half with this score, I would be okay. The Raiders are easily the second best team in the AFC, maybe the second best team in the NFL. We play them again in a few weeks so we are obviously vanilla(and so are they).

Losing Hitch is all I'm disappointed about. I could care less about a practice football game.

kevm3

Reaction score
You are a terrible fan
what's the definition of a great fan? Somebody who thinks everything the team does is awesome? Be honest. Tell me flat out you think this is a defense that can limit elite quarterbacks. You don't think Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan or Tom Brady would demolish this defense? Who do you think we're going to be playing in the playoffs?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
This is the flip side of having an offense-dependent defense. When the offense is struggling, the defense is no help at giving them more opportunities.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Couple of things to note.

We abandoned the running game it seems. Probably saw what we needed to see there.

Plus, we play Oakland in the regular season. I'm sure both teams are playing things close to the vest.

Not too worried.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Reality bites. We simply do not have the defense to win championships. Haven't in a long time. It killed Romo and it will kill Dak.

kumizi

Reaction score
And if he doesn't?

People expecting Collins to move outside to RT and just become one of the better RTs in the league were out of their minds.
They're going to be paying him like the best right tackle starting next year. I'm willing to give him time but the thing is, he was not really that good at guard either. We got better when Leary took over for him. People overrate him because of where most mock drafts had him going. His performance on the field has been mediocre.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Couple of things to note.

We abandoned the running game it seems. Probably saw what we needed to see there.

Plus, we play Oakland in the regular season. I'm sure both teams are playing things close to the vest.

Not too worried.
No, no reason to panic. But there are some areas that need to be cleaned up.

And others that are still in need of repair and that won't happen until next year.

maxdogg

Reaction score
It's preseason.

If this was regular season and we went into the half with this score, I would be okay. The Raiders are easily the second best team in the AFC, maybe the second best team in the NFL. We play them again in a few weeks so we are obviously vanilla(and so are they).

Losing Hitch is all I'm disappointed about. I could care less about a practice football game.
Fair enough but there was a lot of stuff I saw that I did not like.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
Biggest concerns -

• injury to Hitch
  • miscommunication in secondary
  • penalties on the OL
  • lack of pressure from the front 4
Biggest positives -

• Witten still looks like a HOF TE
  • Dak doesn't force things even when things don't come easily
  • Jaylon and Lee are going to be fun to watch together
  • Paea is going to be a good player for us
  • OScan is back

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
And if he doesn't?

I was expecting some issues.

I was not expecting sacks given up every half and three penalties per half. That is unacceptable.

The guy was never even really that good when he was between Tyron and Fred- He just isn't very good.