Game Day ***Preseason 4 Game Cowboys vs Raiders thread***

popp1234

Reaction score
It's preseason.

If this was regular season and we went into the half with this score, I would be okay. The Raiders are easily the second best team in the AFC, maybe the second best team in the NFL. We play them again in a few weeks so we are obviously vanilla(and so are they).

Losing Hitch is all I'm disappointed about. I could care less about a practice football game.

Finally, someone putting this game in proper perspective! Thank you.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Jesus Green man this was your issue in Florida! How can you always be injured! He's gotta start sucking up some of these little bs things. Dude doesn't realize his own talent! Such a shame! Such a let down as a Gators fan

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
It's preseason.

If this was regular season and we went into the half with this score, I would be okay. The Raiders are easily the second best team in the AFC, maybe the second best team in the NFL. We play them again in a few weeks so we are obviously vanilla(and so are they).

Losing Hitch is all I'm disappointed about. I could care less about a practice football game.

Exactly. This game could still be won in the regular season. People here get nuts sometimes. I need to see more from the defense but i am encouraged by Paea and Collins.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Collins needs to be out there in the 2nd half. His constant penalties needs to be fixed up. He needs more reps.

Lael Collins has been handed everything since he has been here. I would be shocked if Garrett sends him out there.

robjay04

Reaction score
what's the definition of a great fan? Somebody who thinks everything the team does is awesome? Be honest. Tell me flat out you think this is a defense that can limit elite quarterbacks. You don't think Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan or Tom Brady would demolish this defense? Who do you think we're going to be playing in the playoffs?

Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan and Tom Brady demolish every defense.

The season before, you can say the Broncos won with a defense but last season? Falcons defense wasn't good(they played better in the postseason but still pretty bad). Green Bay beat us in a shootout, they didn't have a defense. I am guessing you think the Giants can slow down Rodgers with their players? Rodgers destroyed them the week before.

The Super Bowl was a shootout.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Why does it lack talent though?

Look at all the drafts that have been primed around Garret and his "offensive minded genuis" in having to "out talent" the other teams. Garrett has had the cream of the crop talent wise on the offensive side of the ball and if it weren't for Romo saving his *** would still be garbage.

Meanwhile Marinelli gets scraps and JAG's that he has to make into superstars based on scheme alone.

And I'm not blaming this pre season game on Garrett btw. I'm blaming him for everything else.
This is an old and IMO inaccurate narrative. We have spent plenty of resources on defense - they just haven't turned out as good as those on offense. Our scouts are much better identifying offensive talent than defensive talent. We had Mo, Jones, Taco and numerous 2nd rounders on defense. Either our scouts just can't find defensive gems or we can't develope them.

Zman5

Reaction score
Don't we have a lot of draft picks next year?? Honestly, if we tank this year, I wouldn't be mad. The defense really isn't going to cut it. We need a very strong draft to shore up.

I remember some people saying the same thing last year when Romo went down. Glad we didn't tank it last year.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
1st and 10 Dallas on the 25 moving left to right.

Rush 2 TE set - 2 Wides right - Rush sends Hanna left, bootleg pass Hanna no gain.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Just reading through some of these stuff. See a lot of "Hitchens is done" posts. Did not see anything announced about that.

Are some of you just overreacting to the fact that he was down and in obvious pain? Like the announcers, I think the fact that they helped him off the field instead of carting him off is a positive sign.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
First game, we will get pressure on Eli and his terrible OL, and fans will celebrate the DL. It will be a roller coaster all year. If we aren't sacking QB or rushing throw every series, we stink. I'm more concerned that Carr never had to hold the ball long enough to see if there was a rush.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
LOL at some of the preseason meltdowns here.

Yah... pretty comical actually. I can't live and die by each and every drive. We are down by a FG at the half to a solid team. Even Hitch going down is not the end of the world. Earlier in the thread he's getting bashed, and now we can't live w/o him lol.