Prime Romo would win the Super Bowl with the current Cowboys

Little Jr

Reaction score
As a Romo fan and a former Romosexual, I always find these statements funny.

Romo had 10 seasons to get to to the playoffs and get passed the division round and/or get past the 1st playoff game. He failed to get his team past the division round and won 2, I repeat, 2 play off games in 10 years.

He had 4 win and in games and failed each time to get in the playoffs. 2 game's he played like **** and 1 of them 2, the L was mostly on him. 1 of them he was hurt (imagine that) and he played average. The other he was hurt (imagine that) and didn't play at all.

He missed half the season in 2010 and 2015. In 2016 season he missed the whole season and would've been half the season but Dak happened.

So he missed 2 half seasons, a 3rd half season that turned into the whole season because Dak was playing well, was hurt in a win and in game and played avg, was hurt in another win and in game and didn't play at all, played in 2 win and in game and played like ****, was able to come up with 2 playoff wins in a 10 year span and you are saying we would win the super bowl if we had Romo? Lmao

In his his career I defeded him on a weekly basis and had very little help from other cowboy fans to help me defend him. Most of the people I was defending him for were other cowboy fans ripping him. Lol but some how, now he's gone, he has became a freaking legend. Lol it's pretty remarkable.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Yeah, Romo would do it all...

Fumble the snap
Throw ints
break his collarbone
(still) lead a comeback (warrior!)
but in the end lose the game
then teach the backup
and talk about all off this on TV

I miss this guy!

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Okay so Romo isn't Staubach we agree on that

but at the same time I love how you dismiss the fact that the same exact roster had six pro bowlers before he became the starter and 13 after. As if the two might not somehow be linked

Cowboys had the number one defense in 1992 and Charles Haley on that team. But yes let's quibble about pro bowlers LOL because fan voting is such an indication of true dominance isn't it?

sometimes I wonder if people like you actually read your posts before you submit them. I'm guessing not
First I definitely remember that Jim Jeffcoat and Ken Norton made the famous quote in 1992 about the Cowboys having the no.1 Defense in the League and that they may not have had any Pro Bowlers but they had Super Bowlers. So that should tell you about fans like me. I also can tell you that Danny White has more playoff wins, more NFC Championship games than Tony Romo. So why am I not hearing that Danny White could take this team to the Super Bowl? Why not Don Meredith who lead his team every year to the playoffs but lost 2 NFL Championship games? Why can't we name some other Cowboys QBs that could take this team to a Championship game vs. a QB that in 13 years had 2 wild card playoff wins at home and never has taken a team out of the divisional round of the playoffs.

Tony Romo is being hyped by the Jerry Jones revisionist His-Story machine as this suffering saviour that would da, could da, should da because he never had the teams that could do it. B. S. revisionist His-Story. The same revisionist His-Story machine that tells you the Jerry Jones built the team of the 90's and Jimmy Johnson, Bob Ackles, and John Wooten were not making those football decisions that built the 90's Dynasty Cowboys.

Second, you just won't admit that Romo had as many opportunities as every other QB in Cowboys History to get a team to the Super Bowl. The original post, which I believe came from Deion Sanders, that Romo could take this team to the Super Bowl. That is B.S. Romo had better teams than this team. That is a fact.

Stop revising His-Story to fit a false narrative. I grew up in New Orleans but was a Cowboys fan. Cowboy fans sound like Saints fans in the 70's talking about Archie Manning. Cowboy fans sounds like Saint's fans in the 80's-90's with Jim Mora as the Head Coach.

"NO MORE WOULD DA, COULD DA, SHOULD DA"

ufcrules1

Reaction score
As a Romo fan and a former Romosexual, I always find these statements funny.

Romo had 10 seasons to get to to the playoffs and get passed the division round and/or get past the 1st playoff game. He failed to get his team past the division round and won 2, I repeat, 2 play off games in 10 years.

He had 4 win and in games and failed each time to get in the playoffs. 2 game's he played like **** and 1 of them 2, the L was mostly on him. 1 of them he was hurt (imagine that) and he played average. The other he was hurt (imagine that) and didn't play at all.

He missed half the season in 2010 and 2015. In 2016 season he missed the whole season and would've been half the season but Dak happened.

So he missed 2 half seasons, a 3rd half season that turned into the whole season because Dak was playing well, was hurt in a win and in game and played avg, was hurt in another win and in game and didn't play at all, played in 2 win and in game and played like ****, was able to come up with 2 playoff wins in a 10 year span and you are saying we would win the super bowl if we had Romo? Lmao

In his his career I defeded him on a weekly basis and had very little help from other cowboy fans to help me defend him. Most of the people I was defending him for were other cowboy fans ripping him. Lol but some how, now he's gone, he has became a freaking legend. Lol it's pretty remarkable.

Good post. I was attacking Romo back then for some of the reasons you listed above. Romo was a very good qb but not great. He was never overly special in the playoffs either. He is way overrated amongst fellow Cowboys fans.

blueblood70

Reaction score
as much as I LUV me some ROMO and know for fact we go further with him, if you look at the past this team has one or two plays from different areas and coaching and refs that seem to have Jinxed our Boyz in the past.. the oiled Ball FG hold bobble by Romo, but look the paly before Witten got the first down and the refs said no bad placement forced the kick, why was Romo holding? thats on Refs and Parcells..2007 Craytons worst game as pro cost us that game IMO, 2014 Murray fumbles on a gaping hole, baily misses two FGs and yes it WAS a Catch, 2016 did we leave too much time, no we didnt thats on the defense, sorry but if you cant hold a team with 1:03 left after your team come back 3X to tie or take lead, its on the D, Dak, zeke, and Dez played well...its always something, we have been plenty good to win these games we had some SB caliber teams and found ways to lose them and it was evident on the key plays/players that choked those games.. it didnt involve the QB play in any of them..but yes this offense was better with Romo he MADE the careers of a lot of players, not sunk them like is happening now..lots of blame to go around.. Jinxed!!!!..we need to break that someday

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
it didnt involve the QB play in any of them
But it did...in all of them. You brought up a lot of good points, but I think this is where a lot of the differences come into play. We try to absolve the QB of his mistakes because we can look to others' mistakes and claim we still could have won if they didn't make their mistakes. All mistakes count.

For example, in 2007 Crayton was piss poor but he is not entirely to blame. Romo also played poorly. He missed a wide open Terrell Owens in the red zone on 3rd down which should have put us up 21-14 but instead we had to settle for the FG and a 3 point lead. He also took a bad sack when he should have thrown the ball away followed up by an intentional grounding penalty which prevented any shot of us getting into FG range.

In 2014, Romo took 3 bad sacks which helped stall drives when he had plenty of time to get rid of the ball and prevent negative yardage and bad down/distance. He also fumbled the snap on the 3rd and short play late in the first half just prior to the Bailey missed FGs. Get that snap and convert the first down we run more time off the clock, possibly even get a TD, and prevent GB from kicking their own FG at the end of the half.

In 2016, Dak threw the interception in the 3rd quarter when we were close to the red zone (may have been just inside of it).

Of course there are other errors in each of these games from the QB and the other players, but the point is ALL mistakes are part of the reason why teams lose. It's not entirely the QBs fault but it is partly their fault. They have to be accountable for their mistakes too.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Good post. I was attacking Romo back then for some of the reasons you listed above. Romo was a very good qb but not great. He was never overly special in the playoffs either. He is way overrated amongst fellow Cowboys fans.
wrong he was GREAT NOT ELITE.. you cant be just GOOD and OWN all the QB passing records for the DC yes over Aikman and Staubach and was top 5 at worst top 10 nearly every year in the NFL..Daks ranked like 26th right now let that sink in..same offense, PB type runner was quality Oline, good defense..all time low in scoring right now..why? OH least we forget Romo was a UDFA Dak was drafted in 4th..Aikamn 1st Staubach was high delayed by Navy..White? Lipton tea lover LOL yes he topped all of them.. not Elite but a tier 2 guy that did just about everything he could to drag this team to above .500 even though it could have been 4-12 or worse every season..

Big_D

Reaction score
So it’s ok to blame the current qb under the same regime but absolve the old one just because?? You know his first full year was actually his fifth in the league right?

Every receivers numbers dipped with the current QB. Like Romo wasn't a better passer? It was still his first year as an actual starter. And like I said a crap HC and an inexperienced piece of garbage OC wasn't exactly the way to go in 2007. Winning starts with smart decisions and there were none. Todays team in comparison is drafting better and building better even though the same crap coach remains in place.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
First I definitely remember that Jim Jeffcoat and Ken Norton made the famous quote in 1992 about the Cowboys having the no.1 Defense in the League and that they may not have had any Pro Bowlers but they had Super Bowlers. So that should tell you about fans like me

I never questioned your fanhood. I questioned your intelligence. And after reading the rest of your post, there's no longer any question in my mind.

If you are asking why isn't Danny White being mentioned, while complaining that Romo had "stacked teams" compared to the current Cowboys, then why not do the logical thing and compare the teams Danny White had to this team, rather than compare Romo's teams?
Drew Pearson. Tony Dorsett. Doug Cosbie. Doomsday on the backside. White had a defense with Too Tall, Manster, Martin, Everson Walls, etc.

There's a slew of HOF and ROH players in that list, at White's disposal. And yet, somehow, White was .500 as a starter in the playoffs with those teams. During his "failure" of a playoff career, Romo had a 4:1 TD to INT ratio (8 TD, 2 INT). In his playoff starts, White actually threw more INT's than TD's in his playoff career. Are you actually going to double down on your insane argument that somehow Danny White was a better QB than Romo? Would love to see you make that case. Only the most delusional Romo haters would try and make that argument.

You think some arbitrary fan voting competition is a measure of true talent. How absolutely frigging stupid is that? "Stats are for losers" according to you. But Pro Bowl voting? That's an absolute iron clad standard of excellence. That's how you measure a true player. Pro Bowls. Never Mind that Charles Haley didn't make the Pro Bowl in 92. Pro Bowls are what counts. :huh:

Do you realize how absolutely stupid your argument sounds? Seriously. I'm trying to help. Do you realize how absolutely insanely stupid the course of your argument has been in this exchange?

White completed under 60% of his passes and threw more INT's than TD's in his playoff career, yet in your mind is somehow a better "big game" QB than a guy who threw 4 TD for every playoff INT he threw. Okie dokie. Talk about revisionist history.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
For example, in 2007 Crayton was piss poor but he is not entirely to blame. Romo also played poorly. He missed a wide open Terrell Owens in the red zone on 3rd down which should have put us up 21-14 but instead we had to settle for the FG and a 3 point lead. He also took a bad sack when he should have thrown the ball away followed up by an intentional grounding penalty which prevented any shot of us getting into FG range.

Yes. Romo missed TO and that was one we'd like to have back.
You are right all mistakes count. I would agree with that. the problem I have is that a lot of people only want to remember Romo's mistakes. Not saying you do this but many do

they forget Crayton. They forget Fasano. They forget our defense letting Toomer break like 3 tackles on his late 1st half TD
etc

I always said that was a team loss. Still do

the only thing I take exception to is the grounding call. that was a terrible call. Can't remember for sure but I thought the league actually admitted it was a mistake a few days later, didn't they?

stinkface

Reaction score
I think Joe Montana could probably win a Super Bowl with this team as well in his prime. Think you could fill in the blank with a lotta good QB's who could win with our current team. Sometimes this forum seems a tad weird. Let the ones who are gone be gone and don't bring them up in the rear view mirror. Trust me in this league if they are in the rear view mirror they aren't going to pass you on the outside or inside. This isn't NASCAR.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
wrong he was GREAT NOT ELITE.. you cant be just GOOD and OWN all the QB passing records for the DC yes over Aikman and Staubach and was top 5 at worst top 10 nearly every year in the NFL..Daks ranked like 26th right now let that sink in..same offense, PB type runner was quality Oline, good defense..all time low in scoring right now..why? OH least we forget Romo was a UDFA Dak was drafted in 4th..Aikamn 1st Staubach was high delayed by Navy..White? Lipton tea lover LOL yes he topped all of them.. not Elite but a tier 2 guy that did just about everything he could to drag this team to above .500 even though it could have been 4-12 or worse every season..
In the regular season.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LMAO at you guys debating such a indefensible argument, either way. You don't even know how many games Romo could play because he can't run like Prescott.

However, I will say as long as he could play, he would have been more effective than Dak and DC's would not play Romo the same as they have Dak. The greatest fear a DC has is a QB that can read his D and make adjustments. The other advantage Romo would have is the "fear factor", he doesn't have it. Dak is still concerned about protecting the ball so throwing receivers open isn't in his bag yet. Romo had no problem with the 50/50 balls to Bryant.

But let's be honest about that completion % of Romo's, how many were those safe passes to Witten? That said, I would take Romo over Prescott but neither would take this bunch to the SB except as guests.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Or he might throw a pick at the worst time

Step yo game up sun
at least he would throw it...instead of hold hold hold, I go out and grab a beer, take a bio break, check my messages....still hold hold hold.....now, pull it down, scramble, and run....like you know who