Prime Romo would win the Super Bowl with the current Cowboys

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Prime Romo did nothing under Jason Garrett . Jason Garrett is garbage .
Define nothing?

Probably meaning the team didn’t win championships. A fan who correlates team success with qb productivity .

Romo was a good QB most years on an average team but still put up good numbers. Good enough to be too 10 most years in passing and offense to become Cowboys all time leading passer.

I guess you probably don’t think Merideth or White did “ nothing “ here too? The Cowboys didn’t accomplish much while Romo was qb but Romo did. Big difference.

If Dak was tearing it up offensively he wouldn’t be receiving as much criticism if he was a top 10 in passing and offense. But he’d still receive criticism for the team not having as much success as Romo did.

QB’s are often associated with the teams success. If they had good careers but their team didn’t it’s important to detach that much like we have with a Witten or Ware for example. It’s why we have individual awards. Good players often shine above being on lesser teams.

Last edited:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Define nothing?

Probably meaning the team didn’t win championships. A fan who correlates team success with qb productivity .

Romo was a good QB most years on an average team but still put up good numbers. Good enough to be too 10 most years in passing and offense to become Cowboys all time leading passer.

I guess you probably don’t think Merideth or White did “ nothing “ here too? The Cowboys didn’t accomplish much while Romo was qb but Romo did. Big difference.

If Dak was tearing it up offensively he wouldn’t be receiving as much criticism if he was a top 10 in passing and offense. But he’s still receive criticism for the team not having as much success as Romo did.

QB’s are often associated with the teams success but if they had good careers but their team didn’t it’s important to detach that much like we have with a Witten or Ware for example. It’s why we have individual awards. Good players often shine above being on lesser teams.

First of all, Read the name of the thread:
Prime Romo would win the Super Bowl with the current Cowboys

BKBDAD

Reaction score
Romo never had a Defense that was this good. He also never got to play with Zeke. Romo’s Quick release, sliding within the pocket, and Houdini escapability would make the o-line better. His accuracy would make Cooper, Beasley, and Gallup better. Too bad Dak makes receivers and the o-line worse.
Well there is no doubt Tony never was able to play with a defense like this one and there is also no doubt that he was much more accurate than Dak is showing currently! I hope Dak makes some huge strides but the Cowboys had better be prepared to make tough decisions if he dosen’t improve quickly!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not sold Romo would be enough to win a Super Bowl on this team.

I would say he could do more with this offense than Dak is. Would that be enough? Who knows.

But I suspect we wouldn’t be near the bottom of the league in passing or offense. Which probably would make us more of a playoff contender than we currently are.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Belichick was HC of the browns '91-'95, took them playoffs once in 1994. Was fired in '95 .

Jimmy '96-'99 with the Dolphins, took them to the playoffs '97 , '98 , '99 ... Retired in '99

Jimmy had more playoff berths in 4 years than Garrett has had in 9 YEARS .

Both were not even close to 9 years with 2 playoff berths. Again, comparing them to the Garbage of Jason's results is silly at best.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Belichick was HC of the browns '91-'95, took them playoffs once in 1994. Was fired in '95 .

Jimmy '96-'99 with the Dolphins, took them to the playoffs '97 , '98 , '99 ... Retired in '99

Jimmy had more playoff berths in 4 years than Garrett has had in 9 YEARS .

Both were not even close to 9 years with 2 playoff berths. Again, comparing them to the Garbage of Jason's results is silly at best.
With those teams they didn’t have anymore playoff success than Garrett did.

I’m not comparing their coaching ability as there is no comparison but the point is those coaches were only as good as the talent they had on their respective teams.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Did Jimmy become an idiot in Miami or Bill a genius in New England?

No, their talent base was much different.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Coaching matters to a point but then talent takes over.

Landrys system amazingly took 4 different qb’s to a championship but only 1 won it. And the other 3 were pretty good. Talent matters!!!!

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Cowboys had 6 Pro Bowlers in 2006 and 13 Pro Bowlers (at the time NFL record) in 2007.

Like I said Romo apologist revisionist His-Story. Romo had enough chances to get the Cowboys to a Super Bowl with good teams that had talent.

Lets give Dak a chance to get 2 wild card playoff wins in 13 years.

To put in perspective Rodger Staubach took a team to the Super Bowl that had 12 rookies on the roster, he was the only Pro Bowl player on offense, and had 1 Pro Bowler on defense (Cliff Harris). Troy Aikman took a Cowboys team to the Super Bowl with no Pro Bowlers on defense.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Great coaching recruits, builds and amasses talent which wins the games.

Great coaching without talent goes 1-15. Ask Jimmy. Or Tom who had 4 consecutive losing seasons to begin his career and 3 to end his career without as much talent.

How many Super Bowls has Belichick gone to without Brady? Sure he can win some games but not championships.

Coaches build and organize the talent . Talent trumps in the end.

Obviously 408 you have misunderstood my meaning as Garrett has also shown he’s had more success with more talent on the field.
Coaches build and amass talent. Yes, that is correct. Great coaches scheme and utilize their talented players to put them in the best position to win. And no, I have gone these rounds with you in the past where you deflect and spin like a lazy Susan. Your spin that talent wins the games is categorically false because you consistently leave schemes out of the picture. Great coaches win utilizing players at their strengths not forcing them to play within a preconceived system. That is the problem we have had.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Coaches build and amass talent. Yes, that is correct. Great coaches scheme and utilize their talented players to put them in the best position to win. And no, I have gone these rounds with you in the past where you deflect and spin like a lazy Susan. Your spin that talent wins the games is categorically false because you consistently leave schemes out of the picture. Great coaches win utilizing players at their strengths not forcing them to play within a preconceived system. That is the problem we have had.

Agreed 100% ... Jason Garrett is garbage as a HC, & has destroyed our chances for 9 years and counting.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Cowboys had 6 Pro Bowlers in 2006 and 13 Pro Bowlers (at the time NFL record) in 2007.

Like I said Romo apologist revisionist His-Story. Romo had enough chances to get the Cowboys to a Super Bowl with good teams that had talent.

Lets give Dak a chance to get 2 wild card playoff wins in 13 years.

To put in perspective Rodger Staubach took a team to the Super Bowl that had 12 rookies on the roster, he was the only Pro Bowl player on offense, and had 1 Pro Bowler on defense (Cliff Harris). Troy Aikman took a Cowboys team to the Super Bowl with no Pro Bowlers on defense.

Jason Garrett is just a terribly inept HC as he was an OC , almost a decade of his trash proves that . & I bet with those 13 pro-bowlers who would also have accomplished jack .

Last edited:

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Agree. That is because he is not the Head Coach. Jones say jump and Garrett says nothing just ends up splattered on the ground from the jump.
That seriously made me laugh. I pictured Garrett's head as frogger. Thank you.