Priority Wilson or Gallup

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
Wilson seems to have the better chemistry with Prescott. To me the play of the year was the 4th down throw Prescott completed to Wilson against New England. That was a great throw and a great catch. Prescott just trusts Wilson more than any other receiver right now.

Seth5545

Reaction score
Their 2 different type of players. If we're keeping Cooper, I'd resign Wilson, however with the Gallup injury its worrying that Wilson's price will continue to rise with good play and could be key in the playoffs. We'll see, no reason to lose sleep over, we still have the playoffs. Let Jerry and company worry about it in the spring.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Gallup all day, every day

If I was Gallup though I would bounce to get more playing time

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Wilson he will be more contract friendly, he is effective, and Gallup is starting to come off as injury prone. We can use that extra money we safe and make a play to retain our TE.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Gallup is the better talent IMO. Cedrick WIlson clearly has some juice as an athlete, but he takes advantage of a lot of the attention that CeeDee and Coop draw. He kind of struggled as a starting receiver when he faced non-garbage teams. Gallup OTOH can win one on ones down the sideline by himself all day.

I think it's a better move for the Cowboys to resign Wilson, because he'd be cheaper and he adds lots of wrinkles to this offense with his YAC and surprising passing ability. CeeDee plays a similar role to what Gallup does, so the latter's kind of redundant. But talent wise, Gallup's the better player all day.

Shane612

Reaction score
Gallup is the better player. He can probably be starter somewhere in the NFL.
Wilson is a keeper, too.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Do y’all figure Cooper is a goner to save cap? I take Wilson probably

A healthy Cooper all year yes he needs to come back for one thing he’s deadly in red zone. Wilson & Lamb round out your trio. In a contract yr Gallup had the misfortune of being hurt for most of it.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Everybody needs to chill out, we were playing second stringers last night, I agree that Wilson would be a great addition but Gallup is still the better receiver.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Ask Dak who he wants. chemistry is important. . Can’t keep both. Keep 4 happy.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Our signing advantage relative to the rest of the league is bigger with Gallup. He'll be going to Cowboy doctors and rehabbing in Cowboy facilities. He'll be a bigger unknown to the rest of the league.

This is a classic kind of signing a guy on a "prove it" deal, and Gallup's has his best chance to look good here. I'd think he'd be better off waiting on his big free agent deal off a healthy season.

I thought he was just gone. But with his injury there is a pretty good case for him coming back here for another year.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Wilson. Need speed/shifty players. Hopefully guy agree decent contract.