Priority Wilson or Gallup

joshjwp

Reaction score
Assuming he's 3/4 the price or probably even less I'd go with Wilson.

vlad

Reaction score
He’s been hurt and dak played like trash, people forget how good Gallup is.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I know Gallup is the better player but that silly little "Cap" gets in the way. I love Wilson's gadget plays and hes a ok receiver. I was hoping to get some return from gallup's departure but now who knows if he will be able to go to camp and start a season next year?

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Gallup's going to the Eagles. Wilson to the Skins.
I would not be at all surprised if Washington signs Gallup. They'll be going hard after some big names to go along with their rebranding, and they need another WR to compliment McLaurin. Plus we all know Snyder wants everything Jerry has. Remember they tried to steal Cooper two years ago.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would not be at all surprised if Washington signs Gallup. They'll be going hard after some big names to go along with their rebranding, and they need another WR to compliment McLaurin. Plus we all know Snyder wants everything Jerry has. Remember they tried to steal Cooper two years ago.

The Eagles will target a guy like Gallup to compliment Smith.

We are losing both of those guys. They're getting Prescott paroled. Good for them.

conner01

Reaction score
Wilson won’t get the opportunity anywhere else nobody will use him so he won’t go anywhere unless somebody offer that BAGGGGG
He would most certainly get plenty of offers
He’s a solid receiver with return ability
There are plenty of teams who have WR who aren’t as good as he is

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gallup is the better receiver, but Wilson is pretty good too, and gives us trick play options. Tough decision.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They are Cowboys and should be treated as such.
Lot of football left in this season.
But when it is over you do what Jerry always does and ask their agents to get offers and see if you can match the highest.

Gallup's down year may have reduced his value enough to re-sign. Ced is a developing 3rd WR type but is he really a number 2?

Can you just draft a guy for that cheap rookie contract to help the cap?

WR is not a trouble position and never should be. Too many guys available in the draft and free agency every year who can play.

visionary

Reaction score
Neither
We have Cooper and CD, they need to deliver against top defenses
Take the comp picks and draft a WR in rd 3/4

Spend cap money on DL, OL, safety, TE, LB

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Gallup will likely re-sign a one year deal because of his injury. He may not be ready for the start of TC, so I don’t think he’ll sign elsewhere.

Wilson is gonna get some looks, especially if he does well in the playoffs. Look for him to move on if he gets a significant offer.

noletime95

Reaction score
Will be interesting. I think Coop is gone. Trade or cut. No more guarantees and he and Jerry are chirping at each other through the media.

That will save like 14 million or more of cap space. I could see that money being allocated to both players. No way Dallas let’s them both walk if Coop is cut. I’m worried Wilson gets overpaid.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'll give you routes but that's about it. Gallup was our deep threat pre-injury. I think Wilson's done a fantastic job in the games he's filled in they need to bring him back if he's a lot cheaper than Gallup which he likely will be
Of course, they are pretty much polar opposite types. However, just because a player is better going deep doesn't mean he's necessarily better. Wilson is better at getting open, which is arguably the #1 trait desired in WR's.