Prisco Power Rankings put Cowboys at 15 post-draft

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This looks more like QB rankings than team rankings. How did Green Bay only move up 4 spots to get #2? They didn't even make the playoffs last year. How does abetter cowboys team not move up?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...t-but-an-afc-powerhouse-sits-at-no-1-overall/

Behind the Packers (#2), Rams (#3), Saints (#6), Eagles (#7), Falcons (#8), Seahawks (#9), and Bears (#12).

And with that, imo, pretty much sabotages any wisp of credibility he's ever had as an NFL columnist. Ridiculous on steroids.

1. Pats
2. Colts
3. Rams
4. Chiefs
5. Saints
6. Cowboys
7. Chargers
8. Bears
9. Eagles
10. Texans
11. Browns
12. Ravens
13 Seahawks
14. Packers
15 Steelers

MojaveJT

Reaction score
JG really drops our rankings according to NFL pundits and I don’t blame them. Guarantee if we had a HC like BB, Pederson, Quinn, or Carroll we’d be top 7 easily.

The talent on this team is enough to make a deep run. It’s getting that extra advantage from the coaching staff to get these guys to play at the next level is what we’re missing.

Hadenough

Reaction score
lol. He hasn't looked at the depth of our roster and prob hates Dak.
The Wentz lovefest continues with Eagles ranking. Goff sucks.
Goff had 4600 yds passing and was tearing it up early on. Who knows how much Goff reads defenses. Who cares if his coach calls the plays and is a good play caller. The dude executed enough to throw for that many yds he is a pretty good QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
JG really drops our rankings according to NFL pundits and I don’t blame them. Guarantee if we had a HC like BB, Pederson, Quinn, or Carroll we’d be top 7 easily.

The talent on this team is enough to make a deep run. It’s getting that extra advantage from the coaching staff to get these guys to play at the next level is what we’re missing.

I mean, if we even had a somewhat competent coach, an average HC we would be up there. EVERY week we get out on the field we have the worst coach, worst gameplan, worst in game manager, worst at adjustments.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Goff had 4600 yds passing and was tearing it up early on. Who knows how much Goff reads defenses. Who cares if his coach calls the plays and is a good play caller. The dude executed enough to throw for that many yds he is a pretty good QB.

QB 101. 2/3rds of these guys in the NFL are competent enough that if you surround them with weapons, give them a clean pocket, and a good coach, they are going to tear it up.

Once Goff lost Kupp, he wasn't so explosive in the passing game. Then when he lost Gurly he was even more neutered.

Goff has been a perfect example of a guy that has played according to the talent around him. Dak is another perfect example of that. Both guys are young so it falls even more in line with that line of thinking.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I mean, if we even had a somewhat competent coach, an average HC we would be up there. EVERY week we get out on the field we have the worst coach, worst gameplan, worst in game manager, worst at adjustments.
What sucks is Jerry keeps thinking Jason is so close to getting the team there. Everyone on the team is getting better but Jason.

MojaveJT

Reaction score

I don’t agree with you on everything here on CZ but this I do for sure. :starspin:

Paradox

Reaction score
More fuel for the fire. Besides, when we start winning they're all quick to jump on the Cowboys bandwagon and then we tend to lose. I prefer them to hate us.

I also don't put much stock in the opinion of those who can't envision grand schemes and big pictures, and that includes a good chunk of the local and national media. They're small minded and afraid to take risks. They all feed each other's bs like parasites on a host. Just look at how many of them say "compartmentalize" and "DEEtroit", etc. You're stressing the wrong syllable, morons.

Cowboys stock will rise and the Vegas odds will improve, not that I care. I just hope we stay winning when it happens, because I know this team is better than they say it is.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
It's click bait. Of course, we are better than 15 and there is no way GB is #2. But the NFL gets clicks and the draft is over and training camp is far away, so what do you write about and get clicks? Crap like this. And, of course we are all clicking on it and getting ad dollars for CBS sports. And no other team gets more clicks than the Cowboys.

Pundits- both in sports and politics dont make millions for being experts, but for upsetting people and getting clicks and ratings.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What sucks is Jerry keeps thinking Jason is so close to getting the team there. Everyone on the team is getting better but Jason.

Its like one of those investments that you just keep putting in money in order to try and get back your investment. When the logical thing to do is cut your losses and move on.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Thanks. But what is that you don't agree with me o? :grin:

You’re higher on Dak than I am lol. But we both agree the HC and under Linehan last year did Dak and this offense no favors.

I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt to Dak and see if Moore can use Dak’s strengths and be creative.