Prisco Power Rankings put Cowboys at 15 post-draft

NotForLong

Reaction score
You’re higher on Dak than I am lol. But we both agree the HC and under Linehan last year did Dak and this offense no favors.

I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt to Dak and see if Moore can use Dak’s strengths and be creative.

What if Dak doesn't improve. . what if in his 4th year He is who he is and he shows no improvement. . . will you Blame Moore

MojaveJT

Reaction score
What if Dak doesn't improve. . what if in his 4th year He is who he is and he shows no improvement. . . will you Blame Moore

No. I’m known here as a “Dak hater.”

I personally rather have a different QB that has higher accuracy but the Jones’ seem set on Dak. No use in complaining, just hoping for the best.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Packers are going to be a tough team this year. The pass rushers they added with the young secondary pieces, of which multiple guys were injured last year. Zadarius, Preston, 3rd year Kenny Clark, Amos, Gary + Savage in the draft, Mike Daniels. They had a great defensive offseason.

The defense looks a lot better. They're banking on heavily disrupting opponents passer ratings and pressure while the Aaron Rodgers show is on offense.

Still, not #2.

NFC is going to be pretty insane this year though.

Between Packers D improving, Bears, Vikes, Niners defensive front looking nasty with Bosa/Ford/Buckner/Armstead and Kwon Alexander, Eagles, Saints, Falcons, Rams, Seahawks, and Skins will be tough up front and play us tough like usual.

Barkley, Guice, Sanders, Zeke, and eventually Love all in the Division hah.

Going to be a battle. Looking forward to seeing Shanahan's 49ers team.

DFWJC

Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...t-but-an-afc-powerhouse-sits-at-no-1-overall/

Behind the Packers (#2), Rams (#3), Saints (#6), Eagles (#7), Falcons (#8), Seahawks (#9), and Bears (#12).

And with that, imo, pretty much sabotages any wisp of credibility he's ever had as an NFL columnist. Ridiculous on steroids.
Guess we'll see. That's his take for this coming year, not last year.
A lot of people think the Bears will continue to improve. Not sure I get why he Seattle higher than us though.
I think he underrates us, but I guess we'll know more in a few month

Little Jr

Reaction score
he along with pretty much everyone else thinks the cowboys are a average team at best including vegas
Vegas doesn't necessarily set odds at what they think Will happen but what they can make the most money on. That's why when a lot of money starts to come in on a team theyll change the odds. Not because they had a change of heart on what they think Will happen, it's to make the most money or lose the minimum amount. That's why they give half points.

Right now Vegas has 16 teams as "avg" with 7-9 wins. 6 teams over that. And 3 of those 6 are at 9.5 with NE being the only team with more than 10. So they only have 3 teams being 10-6 or better.

popp1234

Reaction score
It's click bait. Of course, we are better than 15 and there is no way GB is #2. But the NFL gets clicks and the draft is over and training camp is far away, so what do you write about and get clicks? Crap like this. And, of course we are all clicking on it and getting ad dollars for CBS sports. And no other team gets more clicks than the Cowboys.

Pundits- both in sports and politics dont make millions for being experts, but for upsetting people and getting clicks and ratings.

Spot on!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...t-but-an-afc-powerhouse-sits-at-no-1-overall/

Behind the Packers (#2), Rams (#3), Saints (#6), Eagles (#7), Falcons (#8), Seahawks (#9), and Bears (#12).

And with that, imo, pretty much sabotages any wisp of credibility he's ever had as an NFL columnist. Ridiculous on steroids.

Ridiculous for sure but it speaks towards the lack of respect the HC has. Same roster, no Garrett and I would bet it all that Dallas is a SB favorite. In almost 10 years the guy has proven he is not a big time coach and routinely loses games.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. This season will be all about Jason Garrett's coaching.........Uh O ! were in trouble now!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
cowboys are # 7 if you take out the afc teams lol that is still middle of the pack..
I understand it, because there are a lot of ? marks with this team, that we cant answer till we see them play a few games.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Ridiculous for sure but it speaks towards the lack of respect the HC has. Same roster, no Garrett and I would bet it all that Dallas is a SB favorite. In almost 10 years the guy has proven he is not a big time coach and routinely loses games.
I would like to see what old man Shanahan aka The Rat would do with the Cowboys. The team would just about be guaranteed to make the NFC championship game.

Jipper

Reaction score
Thankfully rankings in may don’t get you into the playoffs...if this team stays healthy they have as good a shot as any

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Prisco's power rankings are just blatant disrespect for the Dallas Cowboys. People inject their own bias into why this happens. I don't buy most of the excuses being posted here.

The Jason Garrett haters love to point to lists like this to validate their hatred. With the FO not giving the HC an extension, Garrett will be forced to play out his last contractual season. It appears we are on the precipice of the Garrett haters having their way... unless the Cowboys have a very special season.

Hardline

Reaction score
I couldn't care less about what the rankings are.
The game is played on the field.