Prisco's Power Rankings

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
10Dallas Cowboys10Getting Bobby Carpenter in the first round of the draft gives the Cowboys two good edge rushers in their 3-4. The offensive line is still a concern, though.

there are many in here who'd disagree. NOT ME, but many. : )

superpunk

Reaction score
iceberg said:
10Dallas Cowboys10Getting Bobby Carpenter in the first round of the draft gives the Cowboys two good edge rushers in their 3-4. The offensive line is still a concern, though.

there are many in here who'd disagree. NOT ME, but many. : )

You know that's not true.

AtlCB

Reaction score
riggo said:
you are correct.

it seems every other team is valued by prisco based on its perceived draft class. since when does a good draft dramatically immediately improve a team? (as if he knows how well all the college players will adapt to the NFL). the skins didnt have a ton of holes to begin with. oh well.

at the end of the season, the skins were looking better than any other team in the division. and they got better. and prisco has them last. i can live with that.
You still have to find it humorous that he ranked your team behind the Arizona Cardinals.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
riggo said:
you are correct.

it seems every other team is valued by prisco based on its perceived draft class. since when does a good draft dramatically immediately improve a team? (as if he knows how well all the college players will adapt to the NFL). the skins didnt have a ton of holes to begin with. oh well.

I know a good many of you Commander fans buy into the "draft is irrelevant" nonsense, but I think our draft class last year did quite a bit to improving our situation, even last year.

Had we gone the free agent route again, I don't think there was a 3-4 LBer better than Ware, an DE better than Spears or Canty, a backup RB better than Marion Barber that would have fit.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
The Patriots at #3 with the statement they lost a ton of players but drafted well to fill the holes is the craptastic statement of his article.

Sure you can fill the holes in with the draft but if you lose a ton of players should you still be ranked #3? I think they are still riding the respect coattails of 3 Superbowls in 4 years to get rated that high.

But it is pretty assanine to print Power Rankings this far out of the Season.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The RedStinks at #14 ???
But, but...but...they won a playoff game...what happened? They, they, they got St. Gibbs, and, uh, they swept the Boyz, and, they got a draft pick and a free agent, and..oh man, they won a playoff game...and scored two TD's in I forgot...oh no! Woe is them...how can that beeeeeeeeeeee! Noooooooo!
They won a playoff game...! I hope little Arty at ES and all his sheep are OK? Oh nooooooooooooo....someone call the wambulance...whhhahhahahha! Help emmmmmmmmmmmmm! Please, please, please...waaaaaaaa...waaaaaaaaa...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

:dissskin:

burmafrd

Reaction score
The Pats no way came close to replacing their losses through the draft- but some are still drinking Little Bills Kool aid.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
rexrobinson said:
The Patriots at #3 with the statement they lost a ton of players but drafted well to fill the holes is the craptastic statement of his article.

I actually thought it was the "Colts won't miss Edgerrin James, Addai is explosive while he was not" statement.

Alexander

Reaction score
littlewebs said:
I actually thought it was the "Colts won't miss Edgerrin James, Addai is explosive while he was not" statement.

Tell me about it.

I don't understand how people can take the loss of Edgerrin James lightly. I bet Peyton Manning doesn't.

To me, Addai is a dime a dozen back and I thought the first round pick was a serious reach for need.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
There are several questionable choices here, but I think Atlanta at 22 tops the list. Putting them around the same place as Green Bay is just wrong.

not really...Vick is a terrible passer and its catching up with them...their OL isnt that good and niether is their defense...sure they traded for Abraham and he is a great pass rusher when he's healthy and on the field, but he isnt very good vs the run and niether are the rest of their players...they will still give up alot of points, and with Vick at QB they wont be scoring alot

they will be 6-10 at best IMO

David

Alexander

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
they will be 6-10 at best IMO

6-10 is a bit drastic don't you think? If they lose Warrick Dunn or he runs out of gas, then I would agree.

If they run the ball as well as they have done in the past, they will be there. Their defense will be improved with Jimmy Williams, an underrated safety in Crocker and Abraham and also a returning Ed Hartwell. It all comes down to Vick being more than mediocre if they are going to be above five hundred.

On the other hand, if Green Bay gets six wins, everyone needs to kiss Brett Favre's backside. Wait, they already do that.

Reaction score
Man I don't get involved with pre-season rankings because if truth be told the Commanders should be ranked higher because they did beat us twice. (although one of those game was a joke).....

ghst187

Reaction score
superpunk said:
POWER RANKINGS
CurrentTeamPrevious
PIT.gif
1Pittsburgh Steelers1Does this team have any holes? And please don't say anything about the loss of Jerome Bettis. He won't be missed. What's even more amazing is Ben Roethlisberger is still getting better. They are the team to beat.

way to go out on a limb....

fact is Pittsburgh is one of the all-time worst superbowl champions ever...their team is not that good. Roth is one of the most overrated QBs I've ever seen. True that Bettis wasn't really a threat, but the whole team is wholly unimpressive.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Boston Cowboy said:
:bang2: Please tell me you are being sarcastic.
I agree with him. The Seahawks beat the Pittsburg Stealers all over the field...they just couldn't beat the refs too. So yeah the team that deserved to be the Superbowl champs should be the highest rated team...not the 8th rated team.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
way to go out on a limb....

fact is Pittsburgh is one of the all-time worst superbowl champions ever...their team is not that good. Roth is one of the most overrated QBs I've ever seen. True that Bettis wasn't really a threat, but the whole team is wholly unimpressive.

Cowher even said he didn't think they were the best team last year.