Private interview with Jerry: 3 questions you'd ask

conner01

Reaction score
I know we all like to talk smack about owners, coaches and players on message boards but likely wouldn't show the same disrespect if we had to speak to them face-to-face.
So, seriously, if you had an audience with Jerry Jones (I'll offer other names if there's interest) and got to ask him three questions, which would they be and how would you frame them?
Try to be serious and not silly.

Mine:

1. When do you expect to induct Jimmy Johnson into the Ring of Honor?
2. If you could add one player from the 90s Super Bowl team to the current roster, who would he be and why? (Probably wouldn't answer, but I'd ask.)
3. What is your greatest regret as the owner of the Dallas Cowboys?

Yours?
Those are 3 really good ones
He would more likely answer 2 than one if you mean a real answer lol
He would talk a lot if he was in a good mood but few real answers

Acceptablename

Reaction score
1. What really happened between you and Jimmy?
2. If you could go back and change one personnel decision with the Cowboys, what would it be?
3. Can I have $1 million, please?
For halt the million I’ll tell you what happened

birdwells1

Reaction score
1. It’s been 26 year since we’ve made the NFCCG, we’re in the company of teams such as the Lions, Browns and Texans. When is the point that you say that your way isn’t working?

2. Other GMs in the league focus on roster building solely but your role as an owner won’t allow that. How do you justify holding on to the GM role if you can’t give it the total attention that the organization deserves.

3. Other teams that are cash rich like the Rams and now the Broncos use that fact to their advantage with using the cash over cap strategy. Since you are in a position to make this team the best it can be by using that strategy why don’t you do it because you once said that there was not a check too big that you wouldn’t right to go back to the super bowl.

Bonus: Because Stephen often plans for contract 4 years in advance, other GMs have to worry about turning things around now. Do you think the fact the you nor Stephen are in jeopardy on losing you job is the reason that the only people with a sense of urgency are the fans?

Blackrain

Reaction score
If you do want to win a super bowl at what age will that desire to win outweigh the desire to run the team.

After watching other teams in our division blow by us and win super bowls at what point will you adjust your team building process to what works.

With their not being a salary cap on coaching when will you assemble the absolute best coaching staff that money can buy

Hardline

Reaction score
After 26 years of seeing players and coaches come and go without a Super Bowl. What's been the one constant thing holding this team back?

Why did you have that over glorified football stadium built east to west instead of north to south? You do know the sun rises in the east and sets in the west right?

Who is the next in line to own the Cowboys? Please tell me it's going to be Charlotte.

Hardline

Reaction score
After 26 years of seeing players and coaches come and go without a Super Bowl. What's been the one constant thing holding this team back?

Why did you have that over glorified football stadium built east to west instead of north to south? You do know the sun rises in the east and sets in the west right?

Who is the next in line to own the Cowboys? Please tell me it's going to be Charlotte.

Scratch my last question

I would ask him what its like to be able to have millions of fans shell out millions of dollars every year for an inferior product?

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I know we all like to talk smack about owners, coaches and players on message boards but likely wouldn't show the same disrespect if we had to speak to them face-to-face.
So, seriously, if you had an audience with Jerry Jones (I'll offer other names if there's interest) and got to ask him three questions, which would they be and how would you frame them?
Try to be serious and not silly.

Mine:

1. When do you expect to induct Jimmy Johnson into the Ring of Honor?
2. If you could add one player from the 90s Super Bowl team to the current roster, who would he be and why? (Probably wouldn't answer, but I'd ask.)
3. What is your greatest regret as the owner of the Dallas Cowboys?

Yours?

There's only one question to ask Jerry. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

Is the reason you have never hired a GM because you want the credit for winning a Super Bowl?

Of course, we know the truth. It would just be nice for him to admit he's put himself over the fan base and the team for 26 years.

As far as #3 he's already answered it many times.

His biggest regret is not getting Tony Romo a Super Bowl.

plasticman

Reaction score
Why would I want to ask him a single question if I was interested in getting the truth?

tcain2004

Reaction score

glad im not the only one who hates how they built the stadium east to west