Pro Wrestling Updates

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Supposedly. Especially if Bray tells Braun that he's going to AEW.

I had heard that WWE was trying to re-sign Strowman but I have to think he’ll go with AEW if the money is close. And considering how Tony Khan doles out big money deals, I would think that it would be.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What if they sign Wyatt in October?

Then I would welcome you to come to me with an ‘I told ya so!’

But until then, I give it a 0.0% chance that Wyatt signs with Impact.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had heard that WWE was trying to re-sign Strowman but I have to think he’ll go with AEW if the money is close. And considering how Tony Khan doles out big money deals, I would think that it would be.
100% he's going to AEW. Book it! He isn't stupid and knows how much he was mismanaged in WWE.
Then I would welcome you to come to me with an ‘I told ya so!’

But until then, I give it a 0.0% chance that Wyatt signs with Impact.
0% chance he goes to Impact.

RaZon

Reaction score
So, we are looking at....

Kenny Omega
The Jacksons....who are the best current tag team in the biz
CM Punk
MJF
Jon Moxley
Hangman Page
Chris Jericho.....will be back
Cody Rhodes....will be back
Braun Strowman
Bray Wyatt
Daneil Bryant
Brian Cage
Lance Archer
Lucha Bros

Damn!!!!

With Sting, Jake Roberts hanging around

rags

Reaction score

Kenny Omega
CM Punk
MJF
Jon Moxley
Hangman Page
Braun Strowman
Bray Wyatt
Daneil Bryant
Brian Cage
Lance Archer
Lucha Bros

Damn!!!!

Khan has to run out of money at some point. Surely he can't afford to keep all of those people.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Kenny Omega
CM Punk
MJF
Jon Moxley
Hangman Page
Braun Strowman
Bray Wyatt
Daneil Bryant
Brian Cage
Lance Archer
Lucha Bros

Damn!!!!

Vince better be paying attention. His company is about to become "the other guys" if he isn't careful.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Khan has to run out of money at some point. Surely he can't afford to keep all of those people.
Wanna bet? They can do whatever they want. Daddy has very deep pockets. We are talking super rich. But their next TV deal makes all that a moot point. That gives them all they need WITHOUT any more $ from dad.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CM Punk Rumors: Fox Execs 'Very Upset' WWE Didn't Make Big Offer to Prevent AEW Deal
Mike Chiari
AUGUST 27, 2021

ueskjmjj21fxlhpdcbgj.jpg

Fox reportedly wasn't happy that WWE didn't make a greater effort to bring back CM Punk before Punk signed with All Elite Wrestling and debuted on Rampage last week.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (h/t WrestlingInc.com's Marc Middleton), Fox executives were "very upset" with the way the Punk situation went down, especially since Fox had a good relationship with Punk from his time on FS1's WWE Backstage in 2019 and 2020.

Punk paid instant dividends for AEW by drawing over 1.1 million viewers for Rampage despite it being in the 10 p.m. ET slot on TNT. Punk's first appearance on Dynamite this week drew over 1.1 million viewers as well.

More: https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-wwe-didnt-make-big-offer-to-prevent-aew-deal

rags

Reaction score
So, when is Punk going to actually get in the ring and wrestle?

I don't know about you, but when I turn on a wrestling program, I like to see actual wrestling. I don't turn on a wrestling program to see interviews. When wrestlers start talking, that's when I hit the Mute button.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wanna bet? They can do whatever they want. Daddy has very deep pockets. We are talking super rich. But their next TV deal makes all that a moot point. That gives them all they need WITHOUT any more $ from dad.

I’m not sure if that would be quite enough to do it. They’ve added a whole lot of big-money contracts and their ratings haven’t seen a significant increase to match it.

More than four PPV’s a year would help.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CM Punk Rumors: Fox Execs 'Very Upset' WWE Didn't Make Big Offer to Prevent AEW Deal
Mike Chiari
AUGUST 27, 2021

ueskjmjj21fxlhpdcbgj.jpg

Fox reportedly wasn't happy that WWE didn't make a greater effort to bring back CM Punk before Punk signed with All Elite Wrestling and debuted on Rampage last week.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (h/t WrestlingInc.com's Marc Middleton), Fox executives were "very upset" with the way the Punk situation went down, especially since Fox had a good relationship with Punk from his time on FS1's WWE Backstage in 2019 and 2020.

Punk paid instant dividends for AEW by drawing over 1.1 million viewers for Rampage despite it being in the 10 p.m. ET slot on TNT. Punk's first appearance on Dynamite this week drew over 1.1 million viewers as well.

More: https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-wwe-didnt-make-big-offer-to-prevent-aew-deal

If anyone gives ‘unbiased reporting’, it’s Dave Meltzer…
:rolleyes:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, when is Punk going to actually get in the ring and wrestle?

I don't know about you, but when I turn on a wrestling program, I like to see actual wrestling. I don't turn on a wrestling program to see interviews. When wrestlers start talking, that's when I hit the Mute button.
That is one of the best parts of AEW. They don't spend endless amounts of the time yapping like WWE does. I haven't read when his first match is. I would think he should be before the match with Allin on Sept 5th in Chicago but maybe not.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spoiler On Plans For Daniel Bryan’s AEW Debut
By Marc Middleton
August 27, 2021

daniel-bryan-4.jpg

Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) will reportedly make his AEW debut at the upcoming All Out pay-per-view.

As we’ve noted, Bryan is set to sign with AEW, if he hasn’t put ink to paper already, and has been rumored to make his debut at the September 22 Grand Slam edition of AEW Dynamite in New York City.

In an update, word now is that Bryan will be debuting weeks before the Grand Slam edition of AEW Dynamite. Bryan is reportedly scheduled to make his debut at the AEW All Out pay-per-view on Sunday, September 5, according to Cassidy Haynes of Bodyslam. Haynes originally broke the news on Bryan signing with AEW earlier this summer

More: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/08/spoiler-on-plans-for-daniel-bryans-aew-debut/

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the coolest pro wrestling gimmicks I've seen in a long time...

To me that's how the present NWA can differentiate itself from the other organizations... Use their history.

Vince won't do it and other organizations can't.