Pro Wrestling Updates

rags

Reaction score
According to multiple reports on Twitter, Brock Lesnar will be a babyface on Smackdown.

Has he ever been a babyface before?

rags

Reaction score
Twitter is reporting that Brock Lesnar's new WWE contract will be for a year and a half and will cover eight matches.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Twitter is reporting that Brock Lesnar's new WWE contract will be for a year and a half and will cover eight matches.
https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2021/0...ge-on-brock-lesnars-contract-status-with-wwe/

According to a report from Fightful Select, Lesnar has signed a new contract that will keep him with the company into the early part of 2023. The report indicates that Lesnar has eight matches on the deal, but that the contract is open for new negotiations down the road.

RaZon

Reaction score
It took a long long time but I have finally lost interest in the WWE, never thought I would say that. Now it is just AEW for me, it's simply more entertaining.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It took a long long time but I have finally lost interest in the WWE, never thought I would say that. Now it is just AEW for me, it's simply more entertaining.
giphy.gif

RaZon

Reaction score

My son is always saying,....ya taking notes Vince.....hahaha! I have been an WWWF, WWF, WWE fan, hell where is Bruno when ya need him? But what we have today just lacks excitement.

MJF, Moxley on the Mic, whoa!!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Added Punk. Just wait until they add Bryan, Cole, Bray, Braun......

If they can add all of those names? Look out!

I watched the Rampage episode where Punk returned, and stuck around after his segment was over. And I saw the same thing that I did when I gave it a chance when AEW debuted. Spot monkeys who don’t know how to work.

Don’t get me wrong, those spots were spectacular, but when the performers (and audience) have to WAIT for them? It destroys the illusion of it actually being a wrestling match. And the moves these guys were somehow kicking out of were ridiculous.

Seeing clear choreography takes this viewer (and many others) out of the experience. But I think the more great workers like Punk, Bryan, and Cole they bring in, the more this bad habit will be reduced or eliminated.

But if all of these names are signed - to undoubtedly big money contracts - I have to wonder how they keep the company afloat? They’re still losing money overall, and continuing to add significant costs in payroll. I’m curious as to how long that can continue until they either become profitable or fold?

rags

Reaction score
Added Punk. Just wait until they add Bryan, Cole, Bray, Braun......

I wouldn't count on Bray joining AEW if I were you. I hear Impact is going hard on him. The bad news is that he can't sign a new deal until October.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't count on Bray joining AEW if I were you. I hear Impact is going hard on him. The bad news is that he can't sign a new deal until October.

Do you actually think Impact can compete with the big two wrestling organizations?

I'd like to know the last marquee name they signed.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But if all of these names are signed - to undoubtedly big money contracts - I have to wonder how they keep the company afloat? They’re still losing money overall, and continuing to add significant costs in payroll. I’m curious as to how long that can continue until they either become profitable or fold?
However long daddy's money lasts is how long. With increased ratings means a bigger tv contract. Perhaps that will make them profitable.

rags

Reaction score
Do you actually think Impact can compete with the big two wrestling organizations?

I'd like to know the last marquee name they signed.

Depends on what you mean by marquee name. The last name I recognize is Big Cass.

rags

Reaction score
Bray was in Chicago last week when CM Punk made his debut on AEW. We'll see what happens in October.

rags

Reaction score
I just read on Twitter that Buddy Murphy has signed a deal with Impact.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
However long daddy's money lasts is how long. With increased ratings means a bigger tv contract. Perhaps that will make them profitable.

I have to wonder about that. I read that Shad Khan has basically encouraged his kids to spend some of their inheritance money while he’s still alive. So that could mean that Tony has a considerable leash on his vanity project. He certainly has a passion for it, so AEW may be able to keep going for quite some time despite not being profitable.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on what you mean by marquee name. The last name I recognize is Big Cass.

Not marquee.

He was persona non grata in the business. Nobody else would hire him.

Impact can’t compete with the big two for signings.