Pro Wrestling Updates

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's just a convenience (or lazy) thing to throw logic out the door. They could have worked a spot where the other 5 guys were in a corner fighting with the ref trying to regain control and have Mox sneak in and drag Omega into a brawl & out of sight.

I find it insulting. They need to do better.

timb2

Reaction score
I watched both last night. I thought NXT's in-ring workrate killed most everything that AEW did, save for some of the stuff the Bucks and Omega did while that was still a match.

So are there no DQ's in AEW or do they just make things up as they go along?

Guevara looks like he has talent, but he also looks like he could use some developmental time as well. Hit and miss on his overall work.

Cody is a solid midcard in-ring talent in my opinion. Always will be.

I was impressed by the lighting and cameras for AEW's first televised show, but not their stage set or pyro. That looked bush league.

For all the money Jericho is being paid, the least he could do is to do a few crunches once in a while. He's running a lucrative "con" on the billionaire's kid, as are they all.
They had Pyro??? Please tell me AEW it wasn't like that MTV Wrestling X crap from years ago...The pyro was stupid and that MTV ring announcer running around the ring doing the introduction was so annoying.I wanted a wrestler to hit him in the head with a chair so bad!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They had Pyro??? Please tell me AEW it wasn't like that MTV Wrestling X crap from years ago...The pyro was stupid and that MTV ring announcer running around the ring doing the introduction was so annoying.I wanted a wrestler to hit him in the head with a chair so bad!!

I thought I remembered a little bit of it here and there, mainly during the "Executive Vice Presidents" intro (shocker there). But I wasn't a fan of their entrance stage setup.

But it looks like both shows did well in the ratings, with AEW's premier outperforming NXT. It's interesting to watch some true competition again and I'll be curious to see how each show performs going forward.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am going to check out the Smackdown tonight, I haven't watched Wrasslin' in many years when I'd stay glued to the set to watch the great Danny Hodge, Bolo and Skandar Akbar. Then it was the Von Erich's.

When I was dating my wife to be in the 60's, we dropped by to visit her grandmother one night and she was watching wrasslin'. So, I am trying to make conversation and mention that while I know it's all fake it is still fun to watch how talented that are not to get injured. She ignored me and my wife told me the next day her grandmother didn't approve of me and don't bring me back. She asked me what happened and I explained and while she laughed, she told me I had crossed a line that everyone else knew to stay away from. Took me a couple of months to smooth that over and I did let her Atomic Drop me in the living room to make amends.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I am going to check out the Smackdown tonight, I haven't watched Wrasslin' in many years when I'd stay glued to the set to watch the great Danny Hodge, Bolo and Skandar Akbar. Then it was the Von Erich's.

When I was dating my wife to be in the 60's, we dropped by to visit her grandmother one night and she was watching wrasslin'. So, I am trying to make conversation and mention that while I know it's all fake it is still fun to watch how talented that are not to get injured. She ignored me and my wife told me the next day her grandmother didn't approve of me and don't bring me back. She asked me what happened and I explained and while she laughed, she told me I had crossed a line that everyone else knew to stay away from. Took me a couple of months to smooth that over and I did let her Atomic Drop me in the living room to make amends.

I may give SD a shot but I don't have my hopes up that it will be anything different than I remember.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Ill watch it tonight only because I want to see if WWE changes because they are now working with a company that has UFC and promote violence on Fox and their FX channel.

WWE have been non blood for a while not only because Linda was a part of politics, but because USA and SyFy didn't want to showcase that. With Fox, they may allow WWE to show some blood or mature language similar to when UPN had Smackdown.

Plankton

Reaction score
Ill watch it tonight only because I want to see if WWE changes because they are now working with a company that has UFC and promote violence on Fox and their FX channel.

WWE have been non blood for a while not only because Linda was a part of politics, but because USA and SyFy didn't want to showcase that. With Fox, they may allow WWE to show some blood or mature language similar to when UPN had Smackdown.

USA/SyFy had nothing to do with the changes in blood and content - it was all in Linda McMahon running for office and because WWE wanted to market themselves more to younger kids.

jnday

Reaction score
I've been a fan for years, but the product just doesn't keep my attention any longer. I used to watch every week, and now I simply check online results to see if anything exciting happened and find out yet again that it didn't. Vince McMahon is now an out-of-touch old man who feels the need to control everything. He is what so many fear Jerry Jones might be. And it's reached the point to where even with all of the money the company makes, they still can't pay enough to keep people from wanting to leave.

It's s shame because the in-ring performers have never been deeper, stronger, or more diverse. But the people you don't see on-screen fail them at every turn and make the product boring, repetitive, and unwatchable.
I had to quit watching after the Attitude Era. It really has went down since then.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So is almost everything on television. Not sure what the point is.
I apologize if I popped your make-believe bubble. If you want to play in that fantasy world then you should be allowed to and I have no right spoiling it for you.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I apologize if I popped your make-believe bubble. If you want to play in that fantasy world then you should be allowed to and I have no right spoiling it for you.

I believe Trolley is still running. If you hurry you just might be able to catch it and get a ride back to reality.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had to quit watching after the Attitude Era. It really has went down since then.

I hear ya. Many people did the same thing you did. I don't watch regularly anymore but the recent changes and "competition" has piqued my interest for a bit.

I will say this, the athleticism and in-ring work has never been better and that's always been my biggest interest in watching, so I've found that aspect enjoyable.

timb2

Reaction score
Watched thw Fox Smackdown and I was not impressed. Baron Corbin is now Heath Slater's character,some Tool who gets pummeled.....Brock Lesnar won within 10 seconds of the match.....Lumberjack match was boring...The Owens/Shane ladder match seemed like a spot match....Just boring to me.Nothing really interesting

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Watched thw Fox Smackdown and I was not impressed. Baron Corbin is now Heath Slater's character,some Tool who gets pummeled.....Brock Lesnar won within 10 seconds of the match.....Lumberjack match was boring...The Owens/Shane ladder match seemed like a spot match....Just boring to me.Nothing really interesting

It was predictable (other than the end) though I did enjoy the Rock segment. Most Shane matches are spots but they can be entertaining.

timb2

Reaction score
It was predictable (other than the end) though I did enjoy the Rock segment. Most Shane matches are spots but they can be entertaining.
That Hispanic MMA fighter really beat Lesnar in UFC,but GEEZZZ ,make him keep his shirt on,he looked like the Staypuff Marshmellow Man now.

kristie

Reaction score
looks like hell in a cell was mostly a snooze fest. the only decent match was sasha vs becky, & it was more then a decent match. it was great.

timb2

Reaction score
looks like hell in a cell was mostly a snooze fest. the only decent match was sasha vs becky, & it was more then a decent match. it was great.
There was chants of "AEW" after the Seth Rollins vs The Fiend Match was a DQ.