Pro Wrestling Updates

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vince putting the strap on Lesnar again makes me want to puke.

After the way WWE built up Kofi and celebrated him as their champion, to have him lose in 10 seconds is a joke.

timb2

Reaction score
Watched Monday Night Raw. Watched up till Becky Lynch,Charlotte Flair vs Asuka and Kairi Sane.... Actually made me laugh watching Asuka & Kairi Sane talking trash in Japanese to Lynch & Flair.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vince putting the strap on Lesnar again makes me want to puke.

After the way WWE built up Kofi and celebrated him as their champion, to have him lose in 10 seconds is a joke.

What they've done over these past few weeks is all bad. All wrong, every bit of it.

From pushing a full time champion away in Kofi in such dismissive fashion to a part-timer of the worst kind that doesn't care one bit and is only there for the money.

To bringing in out of shape doughboy Cain Velasquez and handing him a title shot.

To managing to completely botch the main event if He'll in a Cell so badly that you have a near riot on your hands.

To bringing in a boxer who's never been in a wrestling ring before and having on of your best workers (Cesar) get knocked out to make him look good.

RAW and Smackdown are sacrificing good, full time talent to promote stupid appearances and storylines for part-timers.

Finn Balor was the smart one to go back to NXT and avoid this crap.

It's amazing that WWE is doing their absolute worst work at such a critical juncture.

Old Man Vince has lost it. Totally lost it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What they've done over these past few weeks is all bad. All wrong, every bit of it.

From pushing a full time champion away in Kofi in such dismissive fashion to a part-timer of the worst kind that doesn't care one bit and is only there for the money.

To bringing in out of shape doughboy Cain Velasquez and handing him a title shot.

To managing to completely botch the main event if He'll in a Cell so badly that you have a near riot on your hands.

To bringing in a boxer who's never been in a wrestling ring before and having on of your best workers (Cesar) get knocked out to make him look good.

RAW and Smackdown are sacrificing good, full time talent to promote stupid appearances and storylines for part-timers.

Finn Balor was the smart one to go back to NXT and avoid this crap.

It's amazing that WWE is doing their absolute worst work at such a critical juncture.

Old Man Vince has lost it. Totally lost it.
Every word of this is so true!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I tried it and I didn't like it. It was more fake than I remember from the old days and the over the top poor acting is not even laughable. It's like really bad reality TV, which is an oxymoron. I felt like I was watching really bad child actors in a really bad play.

However, what we find entertaining is subjective so I will leave this to the folks that enjoy that but I am very glad when I selected to record it, I chose one episode rather than the series.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I tried it and I didn't like it. It was more fake than I remember from the old days and the over the top poor acting is not even laughable. It's like really bad reality TV, which is an oxymoron. I felt like I was watching really bad child actors in a really bad play.

However, what we find entertaining is subjective so I will leave this to the folks that enjoy that but I am very glad when I selected to record it, I chose one episode rather than the series.

Credit to you for giving your opinion while not having to crap all over something that others do enjoy. Far too often today, people lack the awareness to separate their opinions and preferences from being considerate of others.

If they don't like it, "it sucks!" and all that noise.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I rewatched this.

The only explanation there can be is the PPV ran long.

I mean, there is no way Vince and Co. can be this stupid.

BDC Jr. said, wait.....that's the whole match??? Yes son.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I rewatched this.

The only explanation there can be is the PPV ran long.

I mean, there is no way Vince and Co. can be this stupid.

BDC Jr. said, wait.....that's the whole match??? Yes son.

The whole idea is awful.

Rey Mysterious and his son have to get squashed so they can 'run and get Cain Velasquez' to save everyone.

Velasquez, a guy who has apparently never set foot in a gym to work out. I mean come on man, you may be a good fighter, but if you're getting into wrestling at least try to look like you're in shape, OK?

Make an effort at least.

But it all feels like rushed junk thrown into another vanity house show for the sultans of Saudi Arabia. Whatever, it's on Halloweeen and I have better things to pay attention to anyway. Just get it over with, while you allow AEW to gain a foothold in the industry because your 'creative' decisions suck.

A true shame, because in-ring talent and workrate has never been better. The performers themselves deserve better.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But it all feels like rushed junk thrown into another vanity house show for the sultans of Saudi Arabia. Whatever, it's on Halloweeen and I have better things to pay attention to anyway. Just get it over with, while you allow AEW to gain a foothold in the industry because your 'creative' decisions suck.

A true shame, because in-ring talent and workrate has never been better. The performers themselves deserve better.
Man I so agree. If AEW could somehow match or beat WWE ratings maybe some changes will be made.

So much wasted talent on terrible storylines. Especially given how much talent they have. Deep roster.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man I so agree. If AEW could somehow match or beat WWE ratings maybe some changes will be made.

So much wasted talent on terrible storylines. Especially given how much talent they have. Deep roster.

And did you see how they managed to totally ruin the Hell in a Cell PPV? I watched it on Monday and it was a really good card with lots of great in-ring work. Creative dropped the ball with next to no build up for half the matches, but talent worked their tails off. And then they finished out the night with arguably the worst ending to a PPV I've ever seen. WCW level bad.

The WWE is fumbling the ball at the most critical juncture in over a decade.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
And did you see how they managed to totally ruin the Hell in a Cell PPV? I watched it on Monday and it was a really good card with lots of great in-ring work. Creative dropped the ball with next to no build up for half the matches, but talent worked their tails off. And then they finished out the night with arguably the worst ending to a PPV I've ever seen. WCW level bad.

The WWE is fumbling the ball at the most critical juncture in over a decade.

I haven't bothered to watch it. Is it David Arquette winning the WCW championship bad? Or worse?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't bothered to watch it. Is it David Arquette winning the WCW championship bad? Or worse?

Nothing trumps that one!

But it was an epic failure, and the show ended in a debacle, nullifying all of the hard work others put in leading up to that match.

Put it this way, the night ended with a chorus of boo's and chants of "AEW!"

It was that bad...
:facepalm:

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Nothing trumps that one!

But it was an epic failure, and the show ended in a debacle, nullifying all of the hard work others put in leading up to that match.

Put it this way, the night ended with a chorus of boo's and chants of "AEW!"

It was that bad...
:facepalm:

That's pretty bad.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's pretty bad.

Yep. Sad but true. So bad that they didn't even attempt a followup on RAW Monday night. I can only imagine that they're still scrambling and trying to figure out how to clean up the mess they made.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Credit to you for giving your opinion while not having to crap all over something that others do enjoy. Far too often today, people lack the awareness to separate their opinions and preferences from being considerate of others.

If they don't like it, "it sucks!" and all that noise.
Too many people want other people to like what they like, everything in life is subjective.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too many people want other people to like what they like, everything in life is subjective.

While they have such little respect for that other person's rights. An "if I don't like it, it sucks!" mentality. I'm glad that you don't.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Yep. Sad but true. So bad that they didn't even attempt a followup on RAW Monday night. I can only imagine that they're still scrambling and trying to figure out how to clean up the mess they made.

Hadn't saw much about the end other than fans being unhappy, didn't dig into why. Did see a headline that Lynch v Banks match was supposed to be good. May have to go back and watch that one.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hadn't saw much about the end other than fans being unhappy, didn't dig into why. Did see a headline that Lynch v Banks match was supposed to be good. May have to go back and watch that one.

I thought every match leading up to that main event was very good. None better than the opening bout with Lynch and Banks. Those ladies worked their tails off and gave it their all. Like I said, it's just a shame that the only thing anyone will remember was the awful finish.

If you want specific details to save you the time and pain, let me know.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And did you see how they managed to totally ruin the Hell in a Cell PPV?
Yes we watched it. Good card that should have made a good PPV. Strangest main event I have seen in a long time. Just so stupid.

The chants of AEW were priceless. I hope the McMahon clan heard them.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes we watched it. Good card that should have made a good PPV. Strangest main event I have seen in a long time. Just so stupid.

The chants of AEW were priceless. I hope the McMahon clan heard them.

There's no way that they couldn't have heard them.

Part of why I think this happened is the company being spread so thin right now.

RAW season premiere, NXT on USA Network, Smackdown premiere on FOX, this PPV was an afterthought. I thought that was clear by the fact that they had just four announced matches leading up to it that this thing was being treated as an afterthought.

But whoever thought that ridiculous leap in logic to end the night was a good idea needs to go (especially if it was the old man).