Pro Wrestling Updates

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I don't get the ROH thing. While I stopped watching when they went to a clip show format s couple years ago the company had potential. No clue what Sinclair is doing. They screwed up with the Bucks and Cody. They could have been AEW. Even then, with all the broadcast stations they own and then the purchase of all the regional sports networks could easily have provided a spot for a weekly tv show to grow an audience.

Plankton

Reaction score
I don't get the ROH thing. While I stopped watching when they went to a clip show format s couple years ago the company had potential. No clue what Sinclair is doing. They screwed up with the Bucks and Cody. They could have been AEW. Even then, with all the broadcast stations they own and then the purchase of all the regional sports networks could easily have provided a spot for a weekly tv show to grow an audience.

Sinclair is a complete mess right now. They went all in on RSNs, and those are hemorrhaging money at the moment, and also recently had their entire IT system hacked by ransomware. They viewed ROH as strictly content - not a business worth investing in or building up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah. Sinclair definitely decided to go cheap rather than fully investing in wrestling. Like you said, they could have been AEW.

rags

Reaction score
Wrestling news you can use.

The WWE has pulled Charlotte Flair from doing media interviews this week.

The WWE has released ring announcer Greg Hamilton.

If you miss tonight's episode of Smackdown, you'll have two more chances to see it. FS1 is showing Smackdown nonstop tonight from 7:00 Central to 1:00 Central tomorrow morning.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did all you guys suddenly stop watching AEW? Their ratings are tanking.

:omg:

rags

Reaction score

I still watch it.

Looks like the new has worn off of Khan's product. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Look on the bright side. We won't have to deal with Khan's bragging about the ratings anymore.

rags

Reaction score
Last Friday night's episode of Smackdown is supposed to be repeated tonight at 9:00 Central on FS1.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still watch it.

Looks like the new has worn off of Khan's product. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Look on the bright side. We won't have to deal with Khan's bragging about the ratings anymore.

:lmao::thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another big round of WWE cuts including Karrion Kross and Keith Lee.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I still watch. They got a big push with Punk signing. But that push didn't last because he didn't have a match for several weeks and when he finally did, it was against nobodies. That wasn't the expectation when he signed. You can only scream CM PUNK so many times before you start to wonder, when is he ever going to wrestle a noteworthy big name wrestler?

DanteEXT

Reaction score

I'm still watching.

The ratings are up from the 2 recent Saturday showings but down a little from last week. While it did start last week I wonder how much the live coast to coast thing will affect the ratings. Be interesting to compare the L+SD, L+3 and L+7 ratings (if they have them) from a few weeks ago to now.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Some more notable talents released from WWE. ROH picked the wrong time to go on hiatus. They could have bolstered their roster to gather interest in their product. Though they could have just had a weekly show on a broadcast channel consistently this whole time and that probably would have done wonders for the company.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some more notable talents released from WWE. ROH picked the wrong time to go on hiatus. They could have bolstered their roster to gather interest in their product. Though they could have just had a weekly show on a broadcast channel consistently this whole time and that probably would have done wonders for the company.

The market is now flooded with out of work wrestlers. Things quickly changed from being in demand to there being an over abundance.

I still can’t believe WWE released Kross & Scarlet and Keith Lee.

Fire your (lack of) creative department Vince, not the talent.

rags

Reaction score
Keep your eye on Kevin Owens. He may be the next big name to leave WWE. His contract is set to expire on January 31, 2022.

He has a number of friends in AEW. For example, The Young Bucks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still watch. They got a big push with Punk signing. But that push didn't last because he didn't have a match for several weeks and when he finally did, it was against nobodies. That wasn't the expectation when he signed. You can only scream CM PUNK so many times before you start to wonder, when is he ever going to wrestle a noteworthy big name wrestler?

I can’t help but to have TNA/Dixie flashbacks with Tony Khan and AEW. The carnies are lining up for easy money and bigger pay for less work, specifically a guy like Punk.

Nesr it’s end, WCW had the inmates running the asylum and I get that same vibe with AEW. It’s nice that wrestlers get to work with new opposed all like Daniel Bryan’s doing, but at some point, they have to make money. That’s especially true when their payroll is going up while ratings are going down.

Part of me thinks Vince is making these cuts to give Tony Khan enough rope to hang himself.