Pro Wrestling Updates

rags

Reaction score
According to Sports Illustrated, 8 more wrestlers have been released by WWE. They are:

John Morrison

Isaiah "Swerve" Scott

Top Dolla

Ashante "Thee" Adonis

Tegan Nox

Drake Maverick

Shane Thorne

Jaxson Ryker

RaZon

Reaction score
They could do something with Ryker, so....???

Morrison is a legit actor been in half a dozen movies.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
According to Sports Illustrated, 8 more wrestlers have been released by WWE. They are:

John Morrison

Isaiah "Swerve" Scott

Top Dolla

Ashante "Thee" Adonis

Tegan Nox

Drake Maverick

Shane Thorne

Jaxson Ryker

Have they signed anyone lately?

Not sure what they are doing. Streamlining the product? Flooding the market?

rags

Reaction score
Surprised by the releasing of John Morrison and Tegan Nox.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have they signed anyone lately?

Not sure what they are doing. Streamlining the product? Flooding the market?

They clearly don’t know what they’re doing either. One thing is for sure, they’re helping the competition.

Some people speculated that they were giving Tony Khan enough rope to bang himself by putting so many names out there that he would go broke signing them. Or more accurately that Khan’s father would get tired of losing money and stop funding AEW. But clearly that hasn’t happened.

I feel bad for the talents. They deserved better.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
18 minutes of gold.

I've been out of town and finally got to see this earlier today. Holy crap! Now THIS is good writing. I was totally glued to my TV like I haven't been in a long time while watching wrestling. MJF is the best heel I've seen in a long time. Dang he is good.

rags

Reaction score
I've been out of town and finally got to see this earlier today. Holy crap! Now THIS is good writing. I was totally glued to my TV like I haven't been in a long time while watching wrestling. MJF is the best heel I've seen in a long time. Dang he is good.

Wonder if WWE was taking notes. Probably not.:)

BTW, I've been seeing things about MJF's contract. It's not supposed to run out until 2024. However, he has already told AEW that the new contract had better be a good one. If it isn't, he's going to go to the WWE.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Wonder if WWE was taking notes. Probably not.:)

BTW, I've been seeing things about MJF's contract. It's not supposed to run out until 2024. However, he has already told AEW that the new contract had better be a good one. If it isn't, he's going to go to the WWE.

A watered down MJF? Sounds terrible. I'm sure he'd get a push for a bit but I could easily see him becoming a big mouth heel clown that just loses over and over.

Maybe they could give him a nice helmet to wear.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd be very surprised if he jumped ship. AEW's arrow is clearly pointed up. Not sure you can say the same thing about WWE. In fact, I think it's clearly pointing down.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd be very surprised if he jumped ship. AEW's arrow is clearly pointed up. Not sure you can say the same thing about WWE. In fact, I think it's clearly pointing down.

Is it? Certainly not in the profits department. The company is still losing money while adding big contracts. So that arrow isn’t pointing up. And how about in the ratings department? I don’t see them pointing up for Dynamite, and Rampage’s ratings are falling off a cliff.

And how about last night’s show? I read that Arn Anderson accidentally fell off the stage and had to be picked up by the guy who was supposed to beat him up. Followed by a spot where the zero-appeal Cody put HIMSELF through a flaming table. That’s embarrassing and bush league.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're not seeing Khan bragging about AEW's ratings either.

No, instead we’re seeing him try to twist the numbers to where they’re somehow ‘good’. And we’re also seeing him display incredibly thin skin when faced with any criticism.

rags

Reaction score
Last Friday night's episode of Smackdown is supposed to be repeated tonight at 6:30 Central on FS1.

rags

Reaction score
If you're a fan of Beth Phoenix on NXT, she has announced that Sunday's PPV, War Games, will be her final commentary for the company. She wants to stay home and take care of her family.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're a fan of Beth Phoenix on NXT, she has announced that Sunday's PPV, War Games, will be her final commentary for the company. She wants to stay home and take care of her family.
Take Edge with you.

rags

Reaction score
Last Friday night's episode of Smackdown is supposed to be repeated tonight at 9:30 Central on FS1.