Pro Wrestling Updates

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I didn’t watch either. The fact is that I watch less and less these days. I follow wrestling news more than I watch the shows. I try to make it a point to watch NXT but not necessarily on Tuesday night.

You watch the new NXT? Bless you! Haha.

I'm the same though. I have everything DVR and fast forward through about 50-90% of it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You watch the new NXT? Bless you! Haha.

Oh yeah. I’m not crazy about the ‘colorful reboot’, but I do like seeing the young talent develop. And I like that it’s more focused on in-ring work rather than mic work.

I'm the same though. I have everything DVR and fast forward through about 50-90% of it.

Same here. My DVR still records RAW and Smackdown but I can’t tell you the last time I’ve watched them.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I liked Fritz when he was the bad guy Then everyone started likening him and he became the good guy

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you hold something against him for having money to spend?

I certainly don’t give him credit for spending his Dad’s money.

Where do you think Vince McMahon came from? Lol

Vince McMahon Jr BOUGHT the company from his father. He wasn’t GIVEN everything from his Dad. And he also bought out other promotions while he MADE MONEY.

Two things Jacksonville Dixie has never done.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I certainly don’t give him credit for spending his Dad’s money.

Vince McMahon Jr BOUGHT the company from his father. He wasn’t GIVEN everything from his Dad. And he also bought out other promotions while he MADE MONEY.

Two things Jacksonville Dixie has never done.

I don't understand I guess. Tony Khan is simply running a wrestling company with the money he has. I couldn't care less where he got it. I'm just happy there's another legit wrestling show to watch every week with a great roster.

As for Vince..the guy worked on commentary for his dad before he "bought" the company. He was born into money just like Tony dude lol. Again..not that anyone should care. More companies should encourage a better product.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't understand I guess. Tony Khan is simply running a wrestling company with the money he has. I couldn't care less where he got it. I'm just happy there's another legit wrestling show to watch every week with a great roster.

That’s fine if ‘you don’t care’. I do. It takes zero skill or ability to spend money you’ve never earned. It takes even loss to run a wrestling charity that doesn’t make money. I also don’t consider or a ‘legit wrestling show’ when they have that many botched and mistakes. It’s unwatchable.

As for Vince..the guy worked on commentary for his dad before he "bought" the company. He was born into money just like Tony dude lol. Again..not that anyone should care. More companies should encourage a better product.

I’m glad that wrestlers have another place to work. But this is the latest rich kid that many are taking advantage of until the trust fund runs out. Just like the original Dixie.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At first, I was like why?

Then read a bit about the deal and such it made a little more sense. I would guess he could probably get his money back by packaging it with AEW for streaming rights.

If the streaming rights happen, I’ll give them credit for getting a deal that makes money. That could potentially get them to profitability and being legit competition.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
If the streaming rights happen, I’ll give them credit for getting a deal that makes money. That could potentially get them to profitability and being legit competition.

That's the if. I am guessing that he may already have some potential deals that are being worked on.

Plus he gets All In. And half the roster are ROH alums (that may be exaggerated) so there is potential content to mix in with the storylines.

I am curious about what he will do with the ROH name. Rebrand the Youtube shows? Make a second promotion? Just use it for the library?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the if. I am guessing that he may already have some potential deals that are being worked on.

Plus he gets All In. And half the roster are ROH alums (that may be exaggerated) so there is potential content to mix in with the storylines.

I am curious about what he will do with the ROH name. Rebrand the Youtube shows? Make a second promotion? Just use it for the library?

I’m wondering if it might be his NXT/developmental brand? And as you said, the tape library is a lot of content that could appeal to a streaming service. They’re all chasing after content right now to broaden their appeal to subscribers. That’s how and why WWE shut down their own network. Peacock offered them huge money to move everything there, to an inferior platform.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I’m wondering if it might be his NXT/developmental brand? And as you said, the tape library is a lot of content that could appeal to a streaming service. They’re all chasing after content right now to broaden their appeal to subscribers. That’s how and why WWE shut down their own network. Peacock offered them huge money to move everything there, to an inferior platform.

Didn't even consider the developmental brand option. That might not be a bad idea. Sign some young talents and bring back some ROH names, maybe get a TV/streaming deal of some sort for the product, start running shows once a month, get a few episodes in the can each time, maybe do some crossover stories with AEW. That could be interesting.

I unsubscribed to the WWE network before that move. But I liked the service, I just wasn't using it. I've not used Peacock more than once or twice back when it first launched. Is Peacock not very good?