Pro Wrestling Updates

rags

Reaction score
So, did Edge do a heel turn last night on RAW? Sure looked like it.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Nobody does it better than AEW:

:facepalm:

Is the mood on here that of trashing all things AEW?

I rather enjoy their roster, wrestling and production. I haven't been able to watch much WWE stuff in years. Booking is atrocious. They don't use any of their talent properly and still seem to have to rely on bringing back guys from the "glory days" for ratings. Aka Lesnar, Edge, Goldberg, etc.

Also seems like the type of wrestling tends to be much more entertaining in AEW. Much more risk seems to be allowed.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is the mood on here that of trashing all things AEW?

I rather enjoy their roster, wrestling and production. I haven't been able to watch much WWE stuff in years. Booking is atrocious. They don't use any of their talent properly and still seem to have to rely on bringing back guys from the "glory days" for ratings. Aka Lesnar, Edge, Goldberg, etc.

Also seems like the type of wrestling tends to be much more entertaining in AEW. Much more risk seems to be allowed.

No. Quite the opposite in fact. Most are highly critical of all things WWE and turn a blind eye to the bush league screwups of AEW.

It reminds me of the Hogan-Bischoff WCW days. Most of their top matches were train wrecks, but WCW fans thought they were the ‘better product’ back then too. People see what they want to see.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
No. Quite the opposite in fact. Most are highly critical of all things WWE and turn a blind eye to the bush league screwups of AEW.

It reminds me of the Hogan-Bischoff WCW days. Most of their top matches were train wrecks, but WCW fans thought they were the ‘better product’ back then too. People see what they want to see.

Oh man idk. I mean I think it's pretty widely agreed upon that AEW has the better matches and better booking. Roster is dealers choice I would say.

Maybe it's the excitement of something new or new talents. I still like watching Lesnar stuff but from what I'm seeing I just have no interest in the storylines in WWE and they seem to have a huge problem creating new big stars.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh man idk. I mean I think it's pretty widely agreed upon that AEW has the better matches and better booking.

Not a chance on that claim. AEW is Botchamania, and second place isn’t close. You can suspend disbelief and pretend it’s not happening, but the rest of us aren’t required to do so.

Are you a fan of this stuff?

Roster is dealers choice I would say.

AEW’s roster is stacked, and getting more so every week while Khan tries to pop another rating. And he’s likely to add to it. Dad gives him a huge allowance.

Maybe it's the excitement of something new or new talents. I still like watching Lesnar stuff but from what I'm seeing I just have no interest in the storylines in WWE and they seem to have a huge problem creating new big stars.

Your criticism of WWE is completely valid. Vince McMahon is out of touch and a huge problem. HHH and NXT were building up stars and talent, and Vince just craps all over them. And then wonders why they ‘can’t create new stars’? The problem is HIM.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:facepalm::facepalm:

Deserves 2.

That’s why I can’t force myself to watch their shows. I can’t just look the other way at this stuff the way some people can. My suspension of disbelief has its limits, even with professional wrestling.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Haha. Y'all take yer pro wrasslin serious round here!

Idk. I still check in on both products but to me I'll take a slipup here and there for better storylines and production over the same mindnumbing matches and misuse of talent over and over in WWE. And that's not to say AEW isn't guilty of some of that either. But I think their problem is more finding enough tv time to fit the roster at this point.

To each their own fellas. I guess we are doing a swap now of Cody for Cesaro it looks like. Hope he finally gets pushed like the absolute beast he is.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha. Y'all take yer pro wrasslin serious round here!

Idk. I still check in on both products but to me I'll take a slipup here and there for better storylines and production over the same mindnumbing matches and misuse of talent over and over in WWE. And that's not to say AEW isn't guilty of some of that either. But I think their problem is more finding enough tv time to fit the roster at this point.

Like I said, I can’t get over the botches, leaps in logic, and spot monkeys standing around waiting to take moves. It’s too glaring for me to overlook.

To each their own fellas. I guess we are doing a swap now of Cody for Cesaro it looks like. Hope he finally gets pushed like the absolute beast he is.

I agree. And I think AEW is getting the better end of it if they do get him. Cesaro was criminally under appreciated in WWE. And while I do still watch some of WWE’s products, I don’t blind myself to their mistakes either.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I find it hard to stay awake through all of them. Don't ask me who won the main event last night, because I don't know.

I didn’t watch either. The fact is that I watch less and less these days. I follow wrestling news more than I watch the shows. I try to make it a point to watch NXT but not necessarily on Tuesday night.