Pro Wrestling Updates

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
That’s fine if ‘you don’t care’. I do. It takes zero skill or ability to spend money you’ve never earned. It takes even loss to run a wrestling charity that doesn’t make money. I also don’t consider or a ‘legit wrestling show’ when they have that many botched and mistakes. It’s unwatchable.

I’m glad that wrestlers have another place to work. But this is the latest rich kid that many are taking advantage of until the trust fund runs out. Just like the original Dixie.

Lol ok

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't even consider the developmental brand option. That might not be a bad idea. Sign some young talents and bring back some ROH names, maybe get a TV/streaming deal of some sort for the product, start running shows once a month, get a few episodes in the can each time, maybe do some crossover stories with AEW. That could be interesting.

I unsubscribed to the WWE network before that move. But I liked the service, I just wasn't using it. I've not used Peacock more than once or twice back when it first launched. Is Peacock not very good?

The app’s interface is ‘clunky’ at best, and it gives you far less options than WWE Network did. And their handling of PPV events has been fraught with technical issues. I think it’s getting better but not quickly enough. It’s surprising to me that an organization with so much money behind it could still have such a glitchy service.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
The app’s interface is ‘clunky’ at best, and it gives you far less options than WWE Network did. And their handling of PPV events has been fraught with technical issues. I think it’s getting better but not quickly enough. It’s surprising to me that an organization with so much money behind it could still have such a glitchy service.

I remember it felt clunky when I was trying to watch Psych 2: Lassie Come Home a couple of years ago. I would have figured that it would have improved a lot since then. Sounds like they are still not quite there yet.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember it felt clunky when I was trying to watch Psych 2: Lassie Come Home a couple of years ago. I would have figured that it would have improved a lot since then. Sounds like they are still not quite there yet.

Not from what I’ve seen, no.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
That’s fine if ‘you don’t care’. I do. It takes zero skill or ability to spend money you’ve never earned. It takes even loss to run a wrestling charity that doesn’t make money. I also don’t consider or a ‘legit wrestling show’ when they have that many botched and mistakes. It’s unwatchable.

I’m glad that wrestlers have another place to work. But this is the latest rich kid that many are taking advantage of until the trust fund runs out. Just like the original Dixie.

They beat NXT when they went head to head in the ratings (which was WWEs best show at the time). They are competitive with RAW most weeks in the key demo rating. They've only been around a little over two years and Khan has grown the business each year. They are already turning a profit and he has big potential revenue streams upcoming. (Video game, streaming content with RoHs huge library, new TV deal, etc)

And again..Vince was born into money too dude. Saying he "bought the business" from his dad is like saying I worked the friers st McDonalds for 5 years then "bought" my parents $5 million dollar mansion. Lol

Yes Vince did an amazing job growing the company and Khan gets that chance too. He's already grown it substantially in a very short time.

I get it. To you, it's unwatchable. Then don't watch. Lol. But to many others it is and personally I'll take it over the trash that WWE has been putting out for years now. (We all agree WWE is basically unwatchable when we have to DVR it and fast forward through 90% of it lol)

It's a legit brand my man. You're certainly welcome to your opinion but the facts aren't matching up.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-all-elite-wrestling-became-a-legitimate-wwe-competitor-2021-10

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They beat NXT when they went head to head in the ratings (which was WWEs best show at the time). They are competitive with RAW most weeks in the key demo rating. They've only been around a little over two years and Khan has grown the business each year. They are already turning a profit and he has big potential revenue streams upcoming. (Video game, streaming content with RoHs huge library, new TV deal, etc)

They’re not ‘turning a profit’. In fact, all Conned does is add to his expenses.

And let me know about those revenue streams WHEN they happen. All that IS happening are added big money contracts and tens of millions SPENT on ROH.

And again..Vince was born into money too dude. Saying he "bought the business" from his dad is like saying I worked the friers st McDonalds for 5 years then "bought" my parents $5 million dollar mansion. Lol

If the facts don’t support your claims, throw in a ‘lol’. Real mature argument.

Yes Vince did an amazing job growing the company and Khan gets that chance too. He's already grown it substantially in a very short time.

Bu doing nothing more than throwing money at it. That takes ZERO SKILL and deserves ZERO CREDIT. Vince McMahon actually MADE MONEY and put his numerous competitors out of business by being innovative and doing a better job. None of which Conned has done.

I get it. To you, it's unwatchable. Then don't watch. Lol. But to many others it is and personally I'll take it over the trash that WWE has been putting out for years now. (We all agree WWE is basically unwatchable when we have to DVR it and fast forward through 90% of it lol)

Add in more ‘lol’s’. It’s really mature. And as I’ve stated, I DON’T WATCH. I’ve tried numerous times but I can’t turn my brain off enough to ignore the bush league crap that HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

It's a legit brand my man. You're certainly welcome to your opinion but the facts aren't matching up.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-all-elite-wrestling-became-a-legitimate-wwe-competitor-2021-10

It’s ‘legit’ as long as making money isn’t a requirement. Right now it’s a charity. A place where the carnies go to make easy money while it lasts. If Conned gets a deal that actually BRINGS IN MONEY? Then we can talk again.

rags

Reaction score
I don't know how many people watch RoH Wrestling, but they had a lady on that was a part-time reporter, part-time wrestler named Quinn McKay. Apparently, she has been signed by WWE. She now goes by the name Kelly Kincaid.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
They’re not ‘turning a profit’. In fact, all Conned does is add to his expenses.

And let me know about those revenue streams WHEN they happen. All that IS happening are added big money contracts and tens of millions SPENT on ROH.

If the facts don’t support your claims, throw in a ‘lol’. Real mature argument.

Bu doing nothing more than throwing money at it. That takes ZERO SKILL and deserves ZERO CREDIT. Vince McMahon actually MADE MONEY and put his numerous competitors out of business by being innovative and doing a better job. None of which Conned has done.

Add in more ‘lol’s’. It’s really mature. And as I’ve stated, I DON’T WATCH. I’ve tried numerous times but I can’t turn my brain off enough to ignore the bush league crap that HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

It’s ‘legit’ as long as making money isn’t a requirement. Right now it’s a charity. A place where the carnies go to make easy money while it lasts. If Conned gets a deal that actually BRINGS IN MONEY? Then we can talk again.

It is making money and turning a profit. If you can show me proof that it isn't I'll listen. But you can't. So I'll continue to lol at your obvious (and weird) bias towards the man. The facts absolutely support my statements. That's why I provided them.

Facts:

AEW beat NXT when they went head to head

AEW is competitive in the key demo rating with RAW most weeks

Khan has grown the business (revenue) each year so far

They are already turning a profit

Sheesh. It's as if Tony took your mother out for a nice seafood dinner and never called her back. Lol

Again..Vince did a great job growing the WWE into a powerhouse. Khan has been at it 2 years so far and has grown his business substantially. Excited to see how it progresses. If you aren't..that's OK.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Kind of wrestling world news but anyone see the Cain Velasquez news? That's a pretty crazy and sad story.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Not from what I’ve seen, no.

I need to watch the 3rd Psych movie so I will get to use the Peacock app again.

I just thought of something else about the purchase. ROH has Honor Club which I am assuming is part of the deal. While selling the streaming rights would probably recoup the initial investment faster he could always just rebrand that and have his own service. No clue how many subscribers that Honor Club has or how much the fanbases overlap.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is making money and turning a profit. If you can show me proof that it isn't I'll listen. But you can't. So I'll continue to lol at your obvious (and weird) bias towards the man. The facts absolutely support my statements. That's why I provided them.

Show me where it IS. The FACT IS that the only things going UP in AEW are costs and expenses. Deny the fact that despite adding all of these name guys and big contracts, the ratings have not only NOT INCREASED, but they’ve continued to drop, particularly with the Rampage show. Deny that FACT.

Facts:

AEW beat NXT when they went head to head

So AEW’s ‘A show’ beating WWE’s developmental’C show’ is done big accomplishment? Way to set that limbo bar of expectations.

AEW is competitive in the key demo rating with RAW most weeks

And? Where’s the MONEY? Oh that’s right, there IS NONE.

Khan has grown the business (revenue) each year so far

And increased COSTS much more so.

They are already turning a profit

An unsupported LIE. Keep telling yourself that.

Sheesh. It's as if Tony took your mother out for a nice seafood dinner and never called her back. Lol

I think he’s a clown. A money mark rich kid who’s never accomplished anything without his Daddy’s money. Who spends Dad’s money by the truckload to run an embarrassing bush league botchfest company. Zero talent or skill to do that.

Again..Vince did a great job growing the WWE into a powerhouse. Khan has been at it 2 years so far and has grown his business substantially. Excited to see how it progresses. If you aren't..that's OK.

Thanks.

Like I said, I tried to give it a chance. I want the business to succeed. I just can’t drop down to being dumb enough to ignore the ridiculousness that happens all the time. That’s not ‘cool’, it’s embarrassing, and in many ways detrimental to the business.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kind of wrestling world news but anyone see the Cain Velasquez news? That's a pretty crazy and sad story.

Yeah. From what I know someone molested a young family member and Velasquez went out for revenge. Two wrongs not making a right and numerous lives ruined as a result.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I need to watch the 3rd Psych movie so I will get to use the Peacock app again.

I just thought of something else about the purchase. ROH has Honor Club which I am assuming is part of the deal. While selling the streaming rights would probably recoup the initial investment faster he could always just rebrand that and have his own service. No clue how many subscribers that Honor Club has or how much the fanbases overlap.

I don’t know anything about that one.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Show me where it IS. The FACT IS that the only things going UP in AEW are costs and expenses. Deny the fact that despite adding all of these name guys and big contracts, the ratings have not only NOT INCREASED, but they’ve continued to drop, particularly with the Rampage show. Deny that FACT.

So AEW’s ‘A show’ beating WWE’s developmental’C show’ is done big accomplishment? Way to set that limbo bar of expectations.

And? Where’s the MONEY? Oh that’s right, there IS NONE.

And increased COSTS much more so.

An unsupported LIE. Keep telling yourself that.

I think he’s a clown. A money mark rich kid who’s never accomplished anything without his Daddy’s money. Who spends Dad’s money by the truckload to run an embarrassing bush league botchfest company. Zero talent or skill to do that.

Thanks.

Like I said, I tried to give it a chance. I want the business to succeed. I just can’t drop down to being dumb enough to ignore the ridiculousness that happens all the time. That’s not ‘cool’, it’s embarrassing, and in many ways detrimental to the business.

Again..you're welcome to your opinions. I just gave the facts. And you can call NXT the "c" show or whatever but it was without a doubt their best show before Vince ruined that too.

Honestly as a fan, I don't know why you're so concerned with how much money some guy is making and not the product that you're watching.

You talk about being dumb.. Vince and WWE has been serving you up hot garbage for YEARS and look at you staning out for them like a monkey.

I wouldn't worry about AEWs financials. Like I said they have grown revenue every year so far, gained huge popularity in a very short time, are competitive in ratings, ppv buys and ticket sales per show and tbh..even if they were making zero money..Tony is gonna inherit not only enough money to keep it running for decades but his family's ownership of the Jags franchise is gonna make more than enough money to cover any losses and then some til way past when Tony has died of old age.

You worry about his skillz and business acumen. I'll just enjoy the wrestling.

Last edited:

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Yeah. From what I know someone molested a young family member and Velasquez went out for revenge. Two wrongs not making a right and numerous lives ruined as a result.

Yes. It was another parent from his kids daycare I think touched his 4 year old kid?

He went after him with his car and a gun. Should have just waited til he saw him next time and beat the crap outta him with his bare hands. Would've been looking at much less jail time. Now his kid may grow up without a father being around.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again..you're welcome to your opinions. I just gave the facts. And you can call NXT the "c" show or whatever but it was without a doubt their best show before Vince ruined that too.

It’s the ‘C show’ in terms of talent costs and exposure. I agree with you that it was their best show and that Vince ruined it (to some extent). I still think it’s the best wrestling show.

Honestly as a fan, I don't know why you're so concerned with how much money some guy is making and not the product that you're watching.

It’s both for me. It takes no skill to spend someone else’s money. And I see a poor, mistake-filled product. I don’t feel compelled to look the other way.

You talk about being dumb.. Vince and WWE has been serving you up hot garbage for YEARS and look at you staning out for them like a monkey.

I have no problem criticizing WWE when they do dumb things either. I can criticize both for that. Check my history if you need to.

I wouldn't worry about AEWs financials. Like I said they have grown revenue every year so far, gained huge popularity in a very short time, are competitive in ratings, ppv buys and ticket sales per show and tbh..even if they were making zero money..Tony is gonna inherit not only enough money to keep it running for decades but his family's ownership of the Jags franchise is gonna make more than enough money to cover any losses and then some til way past when Tony has died of old age.

You worry about his skillz and business acumen. I'll just enjoy the wrestling.

As I’ve mentioned, I don’t share your obvious compulsion to look the other way and be willfully ignorant to mistakes. But you do you.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
As I’ve mentioned, I don’t share your obvious compulsion to look the other way and be willfully ignorant to mistakes. But you do you.

Yeah I guess I just don't take it as seriously as you do lol. It's live entertainment. I expect some mistakes. Especially with the level of difficulty and athleticism some of the moves require. I respect their ability. It's what makes it fun to watch.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I guess I just don't take it as seriously as you do lol. It's live entertainment. I expect some mistakes. Especially with the level of difficulty and athleticism some of the moves require. I respect their ability. It's what makes it fun to watch.

I do appreciate the athleticism. Some of those moves are incredible. But watching people standing around setting up those moves takes me out of it. My suspension of disbelief has limits.

That’s the dividing line for me. WWE has its faults no doubt, but their standards are unquestionably higher and the in-ring product that they allow on television is of a higher standard.

To me (and them), there’s a line between wrestling and ‘spot monkeys’.