Pro Wrestling Updates

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does this mean that when talent gets released they will say "Endeavor wishes you good luck on your future endeavors?"

I wonder what, if anything, this means for the future.
In the immediate future, I think that Endeavor will strictly look for ways to improve profits. Through innovation rather than cuts, at least for now.

I expect that they’ll further pursue a more global presence, with more international shows.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard on SportsCenter Vince will still be around as CEO or some BS role.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear.
Yeah, from what I read, Nick Khan will be WWE President, but Vince still has some role. Hopefully not one where he can do anymore damage. Details should be in that link I posted.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not quite as ‘right’ as I had hoped for. They had the perfect opportunity to start totally fresh, and somebody decided not to.

That’s my one big complaint about what was otherwise a nearly perfect Wrestlemania.
At least The Usos are out. That's a start. But I'm afraid Roman will be the champ until next WM. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, from what I read, Nick Khan will be WWE President, but Vince still has some role. Hopefully not one where he can do anymore damage.
PLEASE do not let him anywhere near creative.

You think he will be on Raw tonight announcing the sale?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least The Usos are out. That's a start. But I'm afraid Roman will be the champ until next WM. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still hold out hope that the titles will be separated soon.

Did you see the match last night?

The best Reigns has ever looked in my opinion. Everyone involved was tremendous.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PLEASE do not let him anywhere near creative.

You think he will be on Raw tonight announcing the sale?
Coin flip? No.

I think he probably realizes that his reputation is ruined and the crowd would likely attack him.

Besides, with his hair dye and weasel mustache, he looks like a joke.

I doubt he’ll show his face.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coin flip? No.

I think he probably realizes that his reputation is ruined and the crowd would likely attack him.

Besides, with his hair dye and weasel mustache, he looks like a joke.

I doubt he’ll show his face.
What the heck is that all about? He looks like a goof.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the heck is that all about? He looks like a goof.
He looks like a desperate old man to me. Clownish. And that pencil mustache? It’s like he’s leaning in to negative perception.

I’m fine with him in a limited role and source of knowledge. He did run the company successfully for decades and that knowledge shouldn’t be entirely lost. But Creative and match quality have NEVER been better, so keep him away from that.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My son got his first experience with WWE and Vince. He was so mad last night - kept telling them to restart the match...he was kicked out, he cheated, this is horrible, come on Snoop - come restart the match. I was laughing on the inside but trying to keep a straight face on the outside for his "experience".

He's never really cared about wrestling as I haven't watched it much in the past 5 years or so. Was interested in the Bloodline story and have watched the last couple PPVs. He watched both nights and was so into it.

Now tonight, he gets his first taste of the RAW after Mania...should be exciting.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My son got his first experience with WWE and Vince. He was so mad last night - kept telling them to restart the match...he was kicked out, he cheated, this is horrible, come on Snoop - come restart the match. I was laughing on the inside but trying to keep a straight face on the outside for his "experience".

He's never really cared about wrestling as I haven't watched it much in the past 5 years or so. Was interested in the Bloodline story and have watched the last couple PPVs. He watched both nights and was so into it.

Now tonight, he gets his first taste of the RAW after Mania...should be exciting.
He’s definitely picked a great time to get into it.

This is often the best RAW show of the year. New storylines, surprise returns, and maybe a few debuts and call-ups.

I’m looking forward to it.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s definitely picked a great time to get into it.

This is often the best RAW show of the year. New storylines, surprise returns, and maybe a few debuts and call-ups.

I’m looking forward to it.
When he sat down for the Ripley vs Flair match - he kept telling me to fast forward, he wasn't interested in the boring girls wrestling. I kept telling him to give them a chance, they are both pretty entertaining. By the end of it - he was shocked. He turned around and asked "you sure those two are girls dad?" (He's 9). I just laughed and told him these days you can't really tell, but I was pretty sure they both were girls.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When he sat down for the Ripley vs Flair match - he kept telling me to fast forward, he wasn't interested in the boring girls wrestling. I kept telling him to give them a chance, they are both pretty entertaining. By the end of it - he was shocked. He turned around and asked "you sure those two are girls dad?" (He's 9). I just laughed and told him these days you can't really tell, but I was pretty sure they both were girls.
Women’s wrestling has come a long way. What used to be a bathroom break has become some of the best matches on the show.

I don’t know if you’ve ever watched NXT, but that roster is loaded with talented female athletes. The future is bright.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Overall I thought it was a great WM, especially night 1! I get why they booked Reigns to win (want him to get to 1000 days as champ) but the ending was frustrating. My wife and 3 kids who also love the WWE were mad as well, my 8 year old son loves Cody Rhodes and cried when he lost :(. My two daughters have an on and off podcast called "The Babyfaces of Wrestling" and they've interviewed Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch and Renee Young in the past.

rags

Reaction score
The match between Reigns and Rhodes was great. It's the decision that was awful. They must want Reigns to hold on to the belts for 1,000 days.

On a side note, did anyone see Bayley's tweet from yesterday when she said "Bye"? Wonder what it means.

rags

Reaction score
I heard on SportsCenter Vince will still be around as CEO or some BS role.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear.
Has anything been said about if the sale of the WWE to Endeavor will affect the TV shows RAW and Smackdown?

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
The match between Reigns and Rhodes was great. It's the decision that was awful. They must want Reigns to hold on to the belts for 1,000 days.

On a side note, did anyone see Bayley's tweet from yesterday when she said "Bye"? Wonder what it means.
The Reigns decision was fine. One of the champions were going to lose in order to continue the separation storyline.

There are options:
1. DX storyline - continue split of faction, Reigns go up against a member of bloodline for one of the belts, and fooled everyone by having Reigns lay down in defeat. This could continue the bloodline control with both brands while not having the tag team titles. There is a theory that Rhodes will win a title but he won’t defeat Reigns for it.

2. Plausible but Reigns is running out of face wrestlers. However, there are a lot of heels and heel factions he haven’t worked with. I think that in order for Reigns to have no belt, he needs to be a face and alone. It is a possibility that the Bloodline become tweeners going against Gunther, improved Judgement Day or anyone else which will turn Bloodline faces. I think with this, there will be a time where everyone will turn on Roman for whatever reason during the feud.

3. NXT people coming in a fight to chase for title until next Wrestlemania but I don’t see anyone except for Bron that could be as strong as Roman is (although Roman haven’t looked strong since the Rumble).