Pro Wrestling Updates

cowboyec

Reaction score
I thought that was the 2nd best match last night.

Watching UT on a bike again was great.

tumblr_mjw8tt0uIj1s80wolo1_r1_400.gif
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Recap of Saturday evening Wrestlemania:

Preshow - Cesaro beat Drew Gulak
Becky Lynch beat Shayna Baszler to retain
Kevin Owens beat Seth Rollins
John Morrison won Triple Threat Ladder Match to retain **
Elias Beat King Corbin
Sami Zayn beat Daniel Bryan to retain
Braun Strowman beat Goldberg to become new champ *
Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross beat The Kabuki Warriors to become the new champs
The Undertaker beat AJ Styles

**Injury to The Miz forced the Ladder Match to be single wrestlers for the tag team belts. So it was Morrison vs Kingston vs Jimmy Uso.

*Strowman replaced Roman Reigns after Reigns backed out of match due to his leukemia 2 years ago and virus now.

Overall a good show considering no audience. It last exactly 3 hours. Nikki Cross was VERY impressive and practically won that match by herself. UT/Styles was great. Goldberg/Strowman was the worst match. It only lasted 3 minutes. Goldberg should NEVER wrestle again.

Tomorrow night 9 more matches. The card doesn't look as good at all. Any questions just ask away!

I was shocked that Lynch retained. I guess the current COVID situation has postponed her wedding/honeymoon and time off plans?

I really enjoyed Owens vs Rollins , especially that dive off the sign. That takes guts.

Morrison looks to be in great shape, and he and Kofi really showed off their athleticism.

Goldberg represents everything that's bad in wrestling.

I wonder if this is the end of the Kabuki Warriors and a restart to the Women's Tag Division actually doing something? No slight on them, but once they got the titles, they were essentially forgotten. (Actually started with the mistake of giving them to the Iiconics.)

I'm a fan of wrestling, so I wasn't big on the Undertaker Styles match. Especially when the part-timer (not even that) goes over the full-timer.

Here's hoping night two is better!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Before my recap, I forgot something from Saturdays recap. Mojo Rawley beat R-Truth for the 24/7 Championship!

Recap of Sunday night Wrestlemania:

Rob Gronkowski beat Mojo Rawley to become new champ
Preshow - Liv Morgan beat Natalya
Charlotte Flair beat Rhea Ripley to become new champ
Bayley won Fatal 5 Way with assistance from prior eliminated Sasha Banks to retain
The Street Profits beat Austin Theory and Garza to retain
Aleister Black beat Bobby Lashley
Edge beat Randy Orton
Otis Beat Dolph Zigler
"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt best John Cena
Drew McIntyre beat Brock Lesnar (Thank goodness!)

Overall not that good of a show at all. As mentioned last night I thought the card looked weak. Edge/Orton intro and match lasted 45 minutes. UGH! VERY BORING!!! Otis/Ziggler, Street Profits/Theory and Garza, preshow match all sucked. All that being said, the Cena/Fiend match could be the worst WM match I have ever seen. Extremely disappointing show for a WM. Every match had a predictable winner. Flair/Ripley was the best match practically by default.

Overall I'd give the entire WM PPV a 4 out of 10 rating because I feel generous. Worst WM I have ever seen. Considering I've seen them all, that's saying something.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK moving on. There were commercials for the 2020 Money In The Bank PPV on May 10th.

I have no clue what Vince has in mind. But, after what I've seen the last 2 nights, changes need to be made in the way it's presented. Because no live audience is having a big impact on the show. If they are going with their schedule on as planned as if nothing has changed I have to ask, WHY??? Because this weekend was a dud.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Before my recap, I forgot something from Saturdays recap. Mojo Rawley beat R-Truth for the 24/7 Championship!

Recap of Sunday night Wrestlemania:

Rob Gronkowski beat Mojo Rawley to become new champ
Preshow - Liv Morgan beat Natalya
Charlotte Flair beat Rhea Ripley to become new champ
Bayley won Fatal 5 Way with assistance from prior eliminated Sasha Banks to retain
The Street Profits beat Austin Theory and Garza to retain
Aleister Black beat Bobby Lashley
Edge beat Randy Orton
Otis Beat Dolph Zigler
"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt best John Cena
Drew McIntyre beat Brock Lesnar (Thank goodness!)

Overall not that good of a show at all. As mentioned last night I thought the card looked weak. Edge/Orton intro and match lasted 45 minutes. UGH! VERY BORING!!! Otis/Ziggler, Street Profits/Theory and Garza, preshow match all sucked. All that being said, the Cena/Fiend match could be the worst WM match I have ever seen. Extremely disappointing show for a WM. Every match had a predictable winner. Flair/Ripley was the best match practically by default.

Overall I'd give the entire WM PPV a 4 out of 10 rating because I feel generous. Worst WM I have ever seen. Considering I've seen them all, that's saying something.

Surprising to see this reaction after reading that you thought night one was a good show. The only match from night one that I thought was good was Owens and Rollins. I felt last night was much better.

And in terms of gimmick matches, Cena vs the Fiend was far better than the Boneyard nonsense to me.

I agree that the Orton Edge match went on far too long, but both guys worked hard.

And that opening Charlotte Ridley match was really good as well. A bit long, but both worked really hard.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK moving on. There were commercials for the 2020 Money In The Bank PPV on May 10th.

I have no clue what Vince has in mind. But, after what I've seen the last 2 nights, changes need to be made in the way it's presented. Because no live audience is having a big impact on the show. If they are going with their schedule on as planned as if nothing has changed I have to ask, WHY??? Because this weekend was a dud.

Given recent events, Vince McMahon is hemorrhaging money. All live events effectively cancelled. No ticket or merchandis sales, plummeting ratings. To say nothing of losing hundreds of millions on the XFL (timing for that couldn't have been worse). I think this is an effort to stop the bleeding. Wrestlers are independent contractors, paid by appearance. No shows, no paycheck. At all.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm surprised we disagree on it that much. I thought last night was far better than night one.
Me too. Saturday night almost every match was good. Last night I thought it was a snooze fest. Flair/Ripley was good, but after that it was all downhill. Too many undercard matches and bad pairings. Couple examples:

Bayley has been the champ for over 300 days. But she couldn't win cleanly?
Best part of Otis/Ziggy was Mandy coming out.
Street Profits shouldn't even be champs. And they fought NXT guys at WM??? AOP???

We couldn't wait for it to be over. By the time Lesnar/McIntrye started we were THANK GOODNESS! Lol.

Overall...Where was Sheamus? Big Show? Paige? AOP? Ricochet? Roman? Angle? S. Joe? Balor? Hardy? Kane? Rusev? Beth Phoenix??? Carmella? There was a huge opportunity to help WM in so many ways and it felt like Vince completely dropped the ball. It was WM!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Me too. Saturday night almost every match was good. Last night I thought it was a snooze fest. Flair/Ripley was good, but after that it was all downhill. Too many undercard matches and bad pairings. Couple examples:

Bayley has been the champ for over 300 days. But she couldn't win cleanly?

True. But I think the Sasha/Bailey relationship is the only interesting thing Bayley has going for her. Otherwise, I find her boring.

Best part of Otis/Ziggy was Mandy coming out.
No doubt. But I think every Wrestlemania (or at least the majority) have had filler matches like that, to give fans a rest.

Street Profits shouldn't even be champs. And they fought NXT guys at WM??? AOP???

That was the initial plan, Rezar tore his bicep and is now out for about 8 months. Even plan B with Andrade and Garda got scrapped when Andrade got hurt.

We couldn't wait for it to be over. By the time Lesnar/McIntrye started we were THANK GOODNESS! Lol.

I was that same way on Saturday night. That Boneyard match was a joke to me. If a guy can no longer wrestle, he shouldn't. Much less go over the best worker in the company.

Overall...Where was Sheamus? Big Show? Paige? AOP? Ricochet? Roman? Angle? S. Joe? Balor? Hardy? Kane? Rusev? Beth Phoenix??? Carmella? There was a huge opportunity to help WM in so many ways and it felt like Vince completely dropped the ball. It was WM!

This COVID-19 thing has affected all things entertainment. They weren't allowed to hold big matches involving many people.

rags

Reaction score
Disappointed in the Drew-Lesnar match. Just F5s and Claymore Kicks.

Disappointed in the Bayley match, too. Thought the Sasha-Bayley feud would start, but it didn't.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disappointed in the Drew-Lesnar match. Just F5s and Claymore Kicks.

Disappointed in the Bayley match, too. Thought the Sasha-Bayley feud would start, but it didn't.
AMEN!!!

Both championship matches were the shortest matches of the PPV. Goldberg/Strowman lasted less than 3 minutes and Lesnar/McIntyre lasted under 6 minutes. Really? This was WM for crying out loud!!! I was happy with both endings but those were far (and I mean light years far) from classic WM championship matches. Just awful really.

The Banks tease leading up to the 5 way match and seeing how it all played out was very disappointing. If your giving the NXT belt to Flair, and Lynch retains, then there needs to be a good womans feud and that was the perfect opportunity. Instead the decision was made to not start the feud and worse yet, don't give Bayley the clean W.

Big swing and miss for Vince. As I mentioned earlier, worse WM ever.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Paul Orndorff vs Bill Irwin
Ray Candy vs The Challenger
Bob Ellis vs Ali Bey
El Mongol (Phil Mercado) vs Wade Holt
Ron Bass vs Randy Brewer
The Brute (Bugsy McGraw) vs José Lothario
Lord Littlebrook and NWA World's Midget Champion Little Tokyo vs Butch Cassidy and Cowboy Lang

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow check this out. There is a whole lot more from her interview that I didn't post. Was really wanting her to return.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ronda-rousey-fed-up-with-wwe-f-these-fans-dude-185503834.html

Ronda Rousey fed up with WWE: '---- these fans, dude'

Jason Owens Yahoo Sports
April 10, 2020, 1:55 PM CDT
Ronda Rousey seemed to really enjoy her time performing for WWE.

Except for one thing.

Those “----ing ungrateful fans.”

Her words. Not ours.

‘---- these fans, dude’

The UFC icon turned professional wrestler spoke with Steve-O of “Jackass” fame on his “Wild Ride” podcast recently and was candid about her experience with fans of fake fighting.

“What am I doing it for if I’m not being able to spend my time and energy on my family, but instead spending my time and my energy on a bunch of ---- ing ungrateful fans that don’t even appreciate me?” Rousey said. “The thing is, I love performing. I love the girls. I love being out there.

“But, at the end of the day, I was just like, ‘---- these fans, dude.’ My family loves me. They appreciate me. I want all of my energy to go into them.”

timb2

Reaction score
Wow check this out. There is a whole lot more from her interview that I didn't post. Was really wanting her to return.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ronda-rousey-fed-up-with-wwe-f-these-fans-dude-185503834.html

Ronda Rousey fed up with WWE: '---- these fans, dude'

Jason Owens Yahoo Sports
April 10, 2020, 1:55 PM CDT
Ronda Rousey seemed to really enjoy her time performing for WWE.

Except for one thing.

Those “----ing ungrateful fans.”

Her words. Not ours.

‘---- these fans, dude’

The UFC icon turned professional wrestler spoke with Steve-O of “Jackass” fame on his “Wild Ride” podcast recently and was candid about her experience with fans of fake fighting.

“What am I doing it for if I’m not being able to spend my time and energy on my family, but instead spending my time and my energy on a bunch of ---- ing ungrateful fans that don’t even appreciate me?” Rousey said. “The thing is, I love performing. I love the girls. I love being out there.

“But, at the end of the day, I was just like, ‘---- these fans, dude.’ My family loves me. They appreciate me. I want all of my energy to go into them.”
She wasn't a big hit that she really thought she was. Nia Jax pretty called her out because Alexis Bliss was rough handled in their matches with Rousey giving Bliss concussion issues.Yeah I know the woman who broke Becky Lynch's nose telling another wrestler not careful with their partner.

timb2

Reaction score
Charlotte Flair and Io Shirai will be matching up in NXT Also talk of Jim Cornette managing The Revival for AEW.