Pro Wrestling Updates

timb2

Reaction score
I think what they should do for Wrestlemania for all the build-up to it all these shows the Raw to SmackDown all that they should show the Wrestlemania is from 1 to whatever it is now and give our fans the classics from the the the very beginning

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I found this last Saturday (Sorry!) but I'm just now posting. Hang on....

PWInsider.com has confirmed the taping schedule over the next several days is slated, pending last second changes, to be:

Tomorrow, WWE will indeed be taping NXT material.

Monday, WWE will broadcast a live episode of Monday Night Raw.

Tuesday, the company will film two episodes of Raw, effectively taking them to Monday 4/6.

They will then tape portions of Wrestlemania 36 on Wednesday and Thursday trying to make the best out of this situation.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/134914/wwe-taping-updates.html?p=1

OK so basically what Vince has decided to do is....tape the WM matches Wednesday and Thursday of this week. With WM not this weekend but next weekend. I don't know about y'all, but that's a load of crap.

What is worse than watching rasslin' in a empty studio? Watching rasslin' on tape that is from the same empty studio.

I hope the results get leaked. It will serve Vince right. I understand these aren't normal times, but still!

In their defense, they don't have much choice. Florida is shutting down their tapings at the Performance Center after Thursday. That's why they're scrambling to get as much done as they can head of that date. The timing couldn't have been worse and they're just trying to film as much content as they can before they're effectively shut down.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guess it's kind of depends on how you look at it. No fans is weird. But AEW got one of their better ratings last week.

Oh yeah, and it didn't hurt at all that NXT was a throwaway, give-up show that didn't feature any new wrestling either. I thought that was a huge mistake on WWE's part and gave AEW a huge surge of momentum. And credit them for capitalizing on that with the new talent they had debut. I'm willing to bet that AEW will now have a significant edge in the ratings on Wednesday night for quite some time now.

RoboQB

Reaction score
No he is just terrible on the mic. Hence, the presence of Paul Heyman.

giphy.gif

Favorite Lesnar quotes:

-Suplex City, (bleep)!

-Paul, say something stupid.

rags

Reaction score
Any guesses as to how many fans are going to purchase the WM PPV?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any guesses as to how many fans are going to purchase the WM PPV?
It's going to be a small number. But not because of the matches being taped, which most won't even know about. It's due to the WWE Network. Last time I checked there were approx 1,600,000 subscribers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Late shakeups and changes to the Wrestlemania card:

Roman Reigns is out of the Championship match with Goldberg and Braun Strowman is the likely replacement.

Rumor is that due to current issues and quarantines, the entire card may look much different from what has been advertised. They're really trying to piece things together at this point.

What a mess.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Late shakeups and changes to the Wrestlemania card:

Roman Reigns is out of the Championship match with Goldberg and Braun Strowman is the likely replacement.

Rumor is that due to current issues and quarantines, the entire card may look much different from what has been advertised. They're really trying to piece things together at this point.

What a mess.
I read that also. Get the duct tape ready. :laugh:

With only 1 week left, WWE better figure it out quickly and it better be a legit card. If WM doesn't impress, the ratings for Raw and SD will be awful for a while.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I read that also. Get the duct tape ready. :laugh:

With only 1 week left, WWE better figure it out quickly and it better be a legit card. If WM doesn't impress, the ratings for Raw and SD will be awful for a while.

It's already in the can. They taped what they could up to last night, until the ban went into effect today. It's a poop show.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll watch but if they don't pull it off I'm done with Raw and SD for a while.

I was really hoping Vince could pull this off and make wrestling relevant again with the lack of sports now.

They're going to try to show you some out of the box matches and surprises to keep you entertained.

The Cena and Fiend match for instance was supposedly filmed at an unknown location, as well as the Styles/Undertaker 'Boneyard Match' or whatever they're calling it. I think they're going to try to use the flexibility of no audience to their advantage if they can. But of course, it could just all end up a big mess too.

I'm trying to cut them some slack given the undeniably challenging conditions that they're under.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Guess it's kind of depends on how you look at it. No fans is weird. But AEW got one of their better ratings last week.

Imagine the pop Matt Hardy would have gotten with a live crowd. Makes me sad that we couldn't hear it.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Imagine the RAW after WM...the loudest and rowdiest show of the year, dead silent.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Updated WM matches:
  • Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Drew McIntyre (WWE championship)
  • Goldberg (c) vs. Roman Reigns (Universal championship)
  • Becky Lynch (c) vs. Shayna Baszler (Raw women’s championship)
  • Bayley (c) vs. Lacey Evans vs. Naomi vs. Tamina vs. Sasha Banks (SmackDown women’s championship)
  • Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair (NXT women’s championship)
  • Undertaker vs. AJ Styles (Boneyard match)
  • John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt (Firefly Fun House match)
  • Edge vs. Randy Orton (Last Man Standing match)
  • Sami Zayn (c) vs. Daniel Bryan (Intercontinental championship)
  • The Street Profits (c) vs. Angel Garza & Austin Theory (Raw tag team championship)
  • The Miz & John Morrison (c) vs. The New Day vs. The Usos (SmackDown tag team championship Ladder match)
  • The Kabuki Warriors (c) vs. Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross (Women’s tag team championship)
  • Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins
  • Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley
  • Elias vs. King Corbin
  • Otis vs. Dolph Ziggler

timb2

Reaction score
Updated WM matches:
  • Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Drew McIntyre (WWE championship)
  • Goldberg (c) vs. Roman Reigns (Universal championship)
  • Becky Lynch (c) vs. Shayna Baszler (Raw women’s championship)
  • Bayley (c) vs. Lacey Evans vs. Naomi vs. Tamina vs. Sasha Banks (SmackDown women’s championship)
  • Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair (NXT women’s championship)
  • Undertaker vs. AJ Styles (Boneyard match)
  • John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt (Firefly Fun House match)
  • Edge vs. Randy Orton (Last Man Standing match)
  • Sami Zayn (c) vs. Daniel Bryan (Intercontinental championship)
  • The Street Profits (c) vs. Angel Garza & Austin Theory (Raw tag team championship)
  • The Miz & John Morrison (c) vs. The New Day vs. The Usos (SmackDown tag team championship Ladder match)
  • The Kabuki Warriors (c) vs. Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross (Women’s tag team championship)
  • Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins
  • Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley
  • Elias vs. King Corbin
  • Otis vs. Dolph Ziggler
Guess I'll do a WWE WrestleMania predictions

Dolph Ziggler beats Otis The Twist will be Sonia Deville gets jealous when Mandy Rose starts hugging up on Ziegler and starts beating the crap out of her

2 Elias defeats King Corbin with the help of Jerry Lawler after King Corbin insults Lawler before the match

3 Aleister Black defeats Bobby Lashley with the help of Rusev

4 Seth Rollins defeats Kevin Owens with the help of Shane McMahon

5 Alexis Bliss and Nikki Cross defeat the Kabuki Warriors Paige helps

6 Miz is sick the match now is a lader match Morrison vs one of the Usos. Usos do the twin switch to win

7 Street Prophets win but Authors of Pain come in and destroy every team in there

8th Daniel Bryan wins yes yes yes etc etc

9 Edge beats Randy Orton

10 Bray Wyatt beats John Cena Rowan and Luke Harper help

11 Undertaker beats AJ Styles Kane buries the rest of the O C in the graveyard

12 Rhea Ripley beats Charlotte Flair

13 Sasha Banks wins the Women's Championship after she cheats Bailey

14 Shayna Basler beats Becky Lynch

15 Roman Reigns is out rumors Braun Strowman will take his place. STROWMAN DEFEATS Goldburg

16 Brock Lesnar defeats Drew McIntyre