Pro Wrestling Updates

rags

Reaction score
Just read this and knew he had been in poor health lately. I remember when he came to Mid-South with Scandor Akbar as the manager and Friday was the handler. RIP.

Just saw that Akbar passed away in 2010, which I was not aware of. They were also big in World Class Championship Wrestling (WCCW) in Dallas, back in the day.

timb2

Reaction score
Remember Kimala had the handler in a Safari outfit and a white wrestler mask. Originally Kimche wore mosquito netting over his face but the fans in Memphis threw lit cigarettes at the netting which caught on fire. The gimmick started in Memphis and Jerry Lawler created the look and the paint and they shot the original Kamala's promo in promoter Jerry Jarrett's backyard which had a lot of trees. Lol.

rags

Reaction score
I can't tell the difference between members of RETRIBUTION and Tozawa's ninjas.

rags

Reaction score
1. FS1 is supposed to show SummerSlam 2019 tonight at 9:00 Central. However, there is supposed to be a baseball game before that, so the start time for SummerSlam 2019 may be different than advertised.

2. Another uneven RAW last night. I thought the segment with the Asuka-Bayley match was great, as was the closing segment with Orton and Flair. However, the segments with RETRIBUTION and the 24/7 belt have got to go.

3. Here's something to keep an eye on. This past weekend, I read somewhere that while Nia Jax is suspended from RAW, she is not suspended from Smackdown. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if she's a part of the multi-brand battle royal this Friday night for Bayley's title belt at SummerSlam.

rags

Reaction score
2 more would have been Brody vs. Taker or Brody vs. Lesnar.

Actually, Taker and Brody did face each other. However, Taker wasn't Taker then. He wore a mask and called himself Texas Red. The match is on YouTube.

rags

Reaction score
The WWE has finally decided on a site for SummerSlam. It will be held at the Amway Center in downtown Orlando. No fans will be allowed.