Pro Wrestling Updates

rags

Reaction score
Judging by what happened on the last episode of Smackdown, we might have a feud between Bayley and Bianca Belair. This interests me. Anyone else?

timb2

Reaction score
Judging by what happened on the last episode of Smackdown, we might have a feud between Bayley and Bianca Belair. This interests me. Anyone else?
Paul Heyman says Belair has future star written all over her and she is the future.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Bayley is used now to enhance talent so she can be flexible spending time with family.

My prediction now is that Bayley and Sasha will change roles and fight each other at Wrestlemania. I guess Bayley is done with the hugger thing but she can easily be face with the character she is playing now.

rags

Reaction score

Great video!
Bayley is used now to enhance talent so she can be flexible spending time with family.

My prediction now is that Bayley and Sasha will change roles and fight each other at Wrestlemania. I guess Bayley is done with the hugger thing but she can easily be face with the character she is playing now.

How can she be face? She still looks like a heel to me.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Great video!

How can she be face? She still looks like a heel to me.

Bayley is great as a heel but with her losing the belt and future opponents to prepare for Asuka and Sasha, she will lose some star power and might become boring.

They will have their rematch but it won’t happen anytime soon. But if Sasha is keeping the belt by beating face opponents, Sasha have to be the heel so she can lose it back to Bayley, who only lost it because of a death in her family.

rags

Reaction score
Bayley is great as a heel but with her losing the belt and future opponents to prepare for Asuka and Sasha, she will lose some star power and might become boring.

They will have their rematch but it won’t happen anytime soon. But if Sasha is keeping the belt by beating face opponents, Sasha have to be the heel so she can lose it back to Bayley, who only lost it because of a death in her family.

Who died?

rags

Reaction score
Just saw on Twitter that WWE wrestler Pat Patterson has passed away at the age of 79.

Condolences to his friends and family.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just saw on Twitter that WWE wrestler Pat Patterson has passed away at the age of 79.

Condolences to his friends and family.

Yes, very sad.

One of the all-time greats.

Terrific worker who could pull off being a heel or a face.

Prior to entering the then WWWF in 1979, formed one of the great tag-teams with Ray "The Crippler" Stevens out on the west coast.

Came into the WWWF and won the North American Heavyweight title (which soon became the Intercontinental title) from Ted Dibiase.

His matches with Bob Backlund represented a sort-of "changing of the guard" with Backlund getting opponents who weren't monster-sized heels, but instead guys who could move and had some ability in the ring other than kicking and punching.

Patterson's matches with Backlund were probably the first great-matches of Backlund's reign as champion.

rags

Reaction score
Yes, very sad.

One of the all-time greats.

Terrific worker who could pull off being a heel or a face.

Prior to entering the then WWWF in 1979, formed one of the great tag-teams with Ray "The Crippler" Stevens out on the west coast.

Came into the WWWF and won the North American Heavyweight title (which soon became the Intercontinental title) from Ted Dibiase.

His matches with Bob Backlund represented a sort-of "changing of the guard" with Backlund getting opponents who weren't monster-sized heels, but instead guys who could move and had some ability in the ring other than kicking and punching.

Patterson's matches with Backlund were probably the first great-matches of Backlund's reign as champion.

I think he was also the creator of the Royal Rumble.

rags

Reaction score
Anyone see tonight's episode of AEW Dynamite?

Thoughts?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thoughts?

I don't watch it, but I did see a clip of Sting's debut.

Regarding that, I'm of two minds. First, it will be nice to see him go out on a better note than his WWE run (if you can even call it that). WWE never gave him the respect that i feel he deserved. He should have had a much better run in his time there. I think once again, Vince's pettiness and ego got in the way of what would have been best for both fans and the business, just as he did with the WCW invasion storylines.

But on the other hand, I can definitely see why they call Tony Khan 'Jacksonville Dixie', because the carnies are lining up to get that free money and payday from him. By that I mean that AEW pays a whole bunch of people - specifically former WCW names - a lot of money to make appearances and just stand around. Sting being the latest. Given his age and medical issues, there's no way he can do much other than hit people with a baseball bat, and that will get really old really quick.

rags

Reaction score
I don't watch it, but I did see a clip of Sting's debut.

Regarding that, I'm of two minds. First, it will be nice to see him go out on a better note than his WWE run (if you can even call it that). WWE never gave him the respect that i feel he deserved. He should have had a much better run in his time there. I think once again, Vince's pettiness and ego got in the way of what would have been best for both fans and the business, just as he did with the WCW invasion storylines.

But on the other hand, I can definitely see why they call Tony Khan 'Jacksonville Dixie', because the carnies are lining up to get that free money and payday from him. By that I mean that AEW pays a whole bunch of people - specifically former WCW names - a lot of money to make appearances and just stand around. Sting being the latest. Given his age and medical issues, there's no way he can do much other than hit people with a baseball bat, and that will get really old really quick.

Well, he is 61 years old, so I wouldn't think he'd see any in the ring action.

If you didn't see the show, you probably don't know that Kenny Omega won/stole the AEW championship title belt from Jon Moxley. Omega is supposed to be on IMPACT Wrestling on Tuesday night. Did he sign a new deal with IMPACT? Are AEW and IMPACT merging? What's going on?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, he is 61 years old, so I wouldn't think he'd see any in the ring action.

I agree, and that leads back to my original point. AEW's pays a whole lot of former wrestlers to stand around and do nothing. We can add Sting's name to a long list that includes Jake Roberts, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Taz, and others. And after that initial 'buzz', how much interest is there in seeing a guy who no longer wrestles being on a wrestling show every week?

If you didn't see the show, you probably don't know that Kenny Omega won/stole the AEW championship title belt from Jon Moxley. Omega is supposed to be on IMPACT Wrestling on Tuesday night. Did he sign a new deal with IMPACT? Are AEW and IMPACT merging? What's going on?

I have read up on that, it looks like AEW has working agreements with several other promotions like Impact, THE NWA, and NJPW. Smart for AEW, desperate, I think for the others who are likely to be left in the dust.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A golden-oldie interview featuring Ernie Ladd– Ernie made following pro wrestling an awful lot of fun in the 70's & early 80's. In this interview he talks about slapping the face of Andre the Giant. lol

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thoughts?
Just finished. Great show. Liked the Rumble and thought they were due for a new champion. Good card. Sting returning was the cherry on top.

For me it's AEW>NXT>SmackDown>Raw