Pro Wrestling Updates

rags

Reaction score
No AEW Dynamite tonight, because TNT is covering the NBA Playoffs. Dynamite will be on Friday night at 9:00 Central.

timb2

Reaction score
The dates for the WWE Draft have been announced. The RAW Draft will take place on Monday, August 30th. The Smackdown Draft will take place on Friday, Sept. 3rd.
I bet Bayley goes to NXT. Her and Finn Balor are a couple.

Plankton

Reaction score
The dates for the WWE Draft have been announced. The RAW Draft will take place on Monday, August 30th. The Smackdown Draft will take place on Friday, Sept. 3rd.

Hopefully RAW drafts a new creative team, because the current one sucks out loud.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully RAW drafts a new creative team, because the current one sucks out loud.

For me, it’s all about the old, out-of-touch, control freak at the top. He’s screwing up anything he touches at this point. Getting ‘called up’ from NXT isn’t a promotion, it’s punishment.

rags

Reaction score
Don't forget that AEW Dynamite is on tonight at 9:00 Central on TNT.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Called it.

Report: Aleister Black Expected to Sign AEW Contract After WWE Release
MIKE CHIARI
JUNE 11, 2021

kmchuebjbbnjee8uut4l.jpg

After surprisingly being released by WWE last week, Aleister Black reportedly could be planning to sign with AEW.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (h/t WrestlingInc.com's Marc Middleton), there is a "strong belief" Black will sign with AEW once his 90-day non-compete clause expires Aug. 31.

Should that happen, the AEW All Out pay-per-view Sept. 5 in Chicago would seemingly be the perfect place for him to debut.

AEW has a history of big debuts at All Out, as Jon Moxley made his first appearance for the company at the event in 2019.

Meltzer (h/t Jack Atkins of Cultaholic) did add the caveat, however, that there has been "talk" within WWE that Black was prematurely released, which could lead to an offer for him to return to the company.

Read more: https://bleacherreport.com/articles...pected-to-sign-aew-contract-after-wwe-release

timb2

Reaction score
If his real life wife Zulena Vega signs with AEW that is where AB goes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Called it.

Report: Aleister Black Expected to Sign AEW Contract After WWE Release
MIKE CHIARI
JUNE 11, 2021

kmchuebjbbnjee8uut4l.jpg

After surprisingly being released by WWE last week, Aleister Black reportedly could be planning to sign with AEW.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (h/t WrestlingInc.com's Marc Middleton), there is a "strong belief" Black will sign with AEW once his 90-day non-compete clause expires Aug. 31.

Should that happen, the AEW All Out pay-per-view Sept. 5 in Chicago would seemingly be the perfect place for him to debut.

AEW has a history of big debuts at All Out, as Jon Moxley made his first appearance for the company at the event in 2019.

Meltzer (h/t Jack Atkins of Cultaholic) did add the caveat, however, that there has been "talk" within WWE that Black was prematurely released, which could lead to an offer for him to return to the company.

Read more: https://bleacherreport.com/articles...pected-to-sign-aew-contract-after-wwe-release

WWE totally screwed up with this guy. Now I hear that they’re trying to sign him back.

timb2

Reaction score
Mick Foley before he was famous. In this match Dynamite Kid dislocated Foley"s jaw. At one point you can see it hanging down. Foley said he couldn't eat solid food for 3 weeks

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WWE totally screwed up with this guy. Now I hear that they’re trying to sign him back.
Letting Black go was just the next thing Vince did that makes no sense. Every week it's something new.

I know everyone is excited and ready for live shows again. I'm not optimistic it's going to make much change in the way things are done.

timb2

Reaction score
I know they need another Wrestling event at the Sports Center where they race to the top through slapstick skits..... That is what is wrong. Story writing and Character Development sucks

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mark Henry Wants Braun Strowman in AEW: 'Interest on Both Sides' After WWE Release

ROB GOLDBERG
JUNE 13, 2021

egaxwi0egxvucgkohkha.jpg

AEW talent scout Mark Henry has made adding Braun Strowman a priority for his company, as he explained to TMZ Sports:

"Super high on my list," Henry said of Strowman. "It's not an all Mark Henry decision, but there's already interest on both sides.

"Hopefully by the time he's allowed to wrestle in August, I think the middle of August, then we could have a serious conversation about contractual things of that nature, but right now there's interest on both sides. I love that dude."

Strowman was released by WWE earlier this month, giving him the opportunity to sign with a new organization this summer.

Henry made the move from WWE to AEW himself, and he was instrumental in bringing Strowman—real name Adam Scherr—into wrestling after a strongman career. He will hope the experience could be enough to land the Superstar.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-aew-interest-on-both-sides-after-wwe-release