Pro Wrestling Updates

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder if this is where Becky makes an appearance? She has been seen at the WWE Performance Center recently.
SummerSlam is August 21. I'd be massively surprised if she didn't have a significant match at that PPV. WWE needs it's top people like Lynch and Sasha Banks back.

Ready for a non red head Becky?

rags

Reaction score
6 of 6 right. These bad storylines are killing me.

Still no sign of Banks or Lynch. Hopefully Lynch returns tonight and Banks on Friday.

Speaking of Banks, where has she been? Are she and hubby trying to have a baby?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speaking of Banks, where has she been? Are she and hubby trying to have a baby?
She worked non-stop all 2020 and into 2021 before losing her belt. I think she just deserved and got a big vacation from Vince.

Read into this what you want but I think IT'S BOSS TIME again soon:

rags

Reaction score
She worked non-stop all 2020 and into 2021 before losing her belt. I think she just deserved and got a big vacation from Vince.

Read into this what you want but I think IT'S BOSS TIME again soon:

She might be ready for MITB next month.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WWE Rumors: Brock Lesnar's Return; Becky Lynch at HIAC; John Cena at SummerSlam
TYLER CONWAY
JUNE 21, 2021

Brock Lesnar Nearing WWE Return

Brock Lesnar has not been on WWE programming since his WrestleMania 36 loss to Drew McIntyre, his longest absence since returning to the company in 2012.

It appears the wait for his return is about over.

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful reported Lesnar and WWE have been in discussions recently regarding his potential return.

Few have so much as seen the reclusive Lesnar over the past year-plus, as he's chosen to stay home with his children and wife, former WWE star Sable. Given the fact he turns 44 in July, the time for a return is sooner rather than later if WWE wants to capitalize on what's left of his career.

Current WWE champion Bobby Lashley is a year older than Lesnar and Lesnar's part-time schedule affords his body plenty of time to recuperate between matches, so the age concerns aren't too great.

That said, a prizefight between Lashley and Lesnar has all the makings of a pay-per-view headliner—and a massive incentive to get fans to buy tickets once shows are back in arenas.

Becky Lynch...Also Nearing WWE Return

After more than 14 months out of the ring, Becky Lynch appears close to returning from pregnancy leave.

Lynch was at the Performance Center last week working out, and Mike Johnson of PW Insider reported she was also backstage at Sunday's Hell in a Cell pay-per-view. While Lynch did not make an appearance, her presence in the backstage area should foreshadow her return is near.

Lynch has not appeared on WWE programming since announcing her pregnancy with fiance Seth Rollins in May. She and Rollins welcomed a baby girl, Roux, in December.

Asuka carried the Raw women's championship for most of Lynch's absence before dropping it to Rhea Ripley at WrestleMania 37. Ripley is currently in a feud with Charlotte Flair that will likely continue into next month's storyline cycle, so it'll be interesting to see when and how Lynch returns.

A prediction: Money in the Bank winner Becky Lynch. I think if you sit silently you can hear WWE printing "Mommy in the Bank" t-shirts.

John Cena...Also ALSO Nearing WWE return

Cena has been busy filming movies and his upcoming Punisher TV show, but he'll likely soon be scratching his itch for a WWE comeback.

Rumors have persisted about Cena headlining SummerSlam—an event that's taking huge importance within WWE—and Andrew Zarian of the Mat Men podcast reported the company "pivoted" to Cena after initially considering Lesnar for the main event.

Reigns teased a potential match with Cena and/or his cousin, The Rock, during a recent appearance on SportsNation.

"I get this a lot with Dwayne and John Cena as well," Reigns said. "These guys are doing very well for themselves, there's no question about it. I don't know, if I were these guys, I don't know if I would want to come back and deal with me. I'm a problem right now for everybody. So if I were them, I would stay on set. I'd keep pumping out these streaming service movies. Don't come to my ring."

A Cena vs. Reigns match would give Cena a chance to set the record with 17 (acknowledged) world heavyweight championships, breaking his tie with Ric Flair.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...n-becky-lynch-at-hiac-john-cena-at-summerslam

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Reason why Damian Priest has disappeared from WWE TV
Damian-Priest-scaled.jpg

WWE
Fans have been wondering why Damian Priest has been missing from WWE TV for over a month and it all comes down to an injury.

It was previously reported that Priest suffered an injury before WrestleMania 37 that led to concerns as to whether he could work his tag match with Bad Bunny against The Miz and John Morrison at the show.

That was the reason why WWE had advertised Bunny vs. Miz in a singles match before going back to the original plans for the tag team match.
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/wr...amian-priest-has-disappeared-from-wwe-tv/amp/

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is unbelievably sad.

It is, he beat cancer several years ago and now this. Saw a video of him from a couple years ago and he apparently went downhill fast. CTE maybe, possibly even the roids. Who knows, still very sad.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
New WWE writer says ‘they did not require me to know anything about wrestling’
By Geno Mrosko Jun 23, 2021

On a recent episode of the “Asian Not Asian” podcast, Kenice Mobley was interviewed. She is a standup comedian who was recently hired to be a writer for WWE on the Monday Night Raw brand.

This was an interesting tidbit from the interview (transcription via Post Wrestling):

“Yes, I have just been hired by WWE. Given the things that you know about me and my entire life and what I’m into, yes [that’s surprising]. Yes, also a surprise for me. They did not require me to know anything about wrestling but I do have a background in film production and comedy writing and they’re like, ‘Perfect. Come on in.”

Read more if you dare: https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...ow-anything-about-wrestling-bobby-lashley-raw

:facepalm:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rumors for the Day:
  • Fightful Select notes that many within different departments of WWE have been expecting Brock Lesnar to return but there has been no promotional material prepped for any return just yet.
  • They also say NXT will be adding focus to the cruiserweight division.
  • According to PW Insider, WWE put Hell in a Cell matches on SmackDown and Raw to give something extra to TV partners and as a way to get attention ahead of the company returning to live touring.
  • Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that Kevin Owens taking time off from WWE is “storyline related.”
  • Meltzer also said Damian Priest has a bad back and that could be why he’s been missing from WWE television of late but Fightful Select claims it’s not a back issue and he’s been gone due to other reasons.
https://www.cagesideseats.com/2021/...-tv-hell-in-a-cell-matches-kevin-owens-hiatus

rags

Reaction score
New WWE writer says ‘they did not require me to know anything about wrestling’
By Geno Mrosko Jun 23, 2021

On a recent episode of the “Asian Not Asian” podcast, Kenice Mobley was interviewed. She is a standup comedian who was recently hired to be a writer for WWE on the Monday Night Raw brand.

This was an interesting tidbit from the interview (transcription via Post Wrestling):

“Yes, I have just been hired by WWE. Given the things that you know about me and my entire life and what I’m into, yes [that’s surprising]. Yes, also a surprise for me. They did not require me to know anything about wrestling but I do have a background in film production and comedy writing and they’re like, ‘Perfect. Come on in.”

Read more if you dare: https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...ow-anything-about-wrestling-bobby-lashley-raw

:facepalm:

That explains a lot, doesn't it?

rags

Reaction score
I use a motorized wheelchair, so I need accessible seating. According to what I was told, there was 1 ticket left that offered that. It's down on the floor.

I know they're saying that ticket sales are sluggish, but I just saw something that said that MITB is close to being a sellout.